Page 188 of 613 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so I'm almost done reading uncanny and boy the 500s have been all over the place. all this time I thought bendis was the first one to show ororo taking naps but not that honor goes to Matt fraction. just a tragic mess:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

OMG I want this!!!

This is awesome. My only complaint are the white gloves. I prefer Storm to have no gloves on her hands. I still love the pose and detail though.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

so I'm almost done reading uncanny and boy the 500s have been all over the place. all this time I thought bendis was the first one to show ororo taking naps but not that honor goes to Matt fraction. just a tragic mess:

I actually dont remember Storm much from the Fraction era. She wasnt an X-man at the time, but felt more on loan when she cameod

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    OMG I want this!!!
    me too honey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This is awesome. My only complaint are the white gloves. I prefer Storm to have no gloves on her hands. I still love the pose and detail though.
    you know I didnt really pay attention to that until you said something. now all I'm seeing is this:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually dont remember Storm much from the Fraction era. She wasnt an X-man at the time, but felt more on loan when she cameod
    shes did absolutely nothing so I can see why you dont remember her. at that nap point all she has done power wise was shoot lightning while missing empath on his motorcycle and she was shown using some wind in a wallpaper kind of way.

she did have a cute moment where she encouraged emma to be a leader when Scott was pushing her away.

So, with all these MCU DISNEY X-Men speculation going around.
    Let's discuss Storm.
    Will she be one to get a solo movie . Or rather to the new climate will she get a Disney+ Solo series.

If she were to get a D+. Series I fell like I already know that they're going to go with a Ororo Before the Storm .

If so I would hope they would strictly focus on her being a street urchin master thief who is searching for who and what she is. Thefore exploring her African goddess princess windrider mythos her mutation and of course along that journey becoming a young women maybe a little Teen romance with young T'Challa (which would obviously draw in MCUBP fans.

Other version would be to have a older but still young Ororo same premises but more of a fledging Goddess maybe.... ? Therefore aging the tone up a bit.

Ugh my Bf just called my OBTS premise Oliver Twist Carmen Sandiego Winderrider Disney princess tomb raider....
    .............I hate him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So, with all these MCU DISNEY X-Men speculation going around.
    Let's discuss Storm.
    Will she be one to get a solo movie . Or rather to the new climate will she get a Disney+ Solo series.

If she were to get a D+. Series I fell like I already know that they're going to go with a Ororo Before the Storm .

If so I would hope they would strictly focus on her being a street urchin master thief who is searching for who and what she is. Thefore exploring her African goddess princess windrider mythos her mutation and of course along that journey becoming a young women maybe a little Teen romance with young T'Challa (which would obviously draw in MCUBP fans.

Other version would be to have a older but still young Ororo same premises but more of a fledging Goddess maybe.... ? Therefore aging the tone up a bit.
    I think a Disney+ series is more likely but with the massive success of BP and the strong MCU brand a Storm trilogy might be possible. You're definitely right about the show, they'd probably want to do an adaptation of her journey through East Africa with a coming-of-age and afro-fantasy hook. Even if they do the show with an adult Ororo I'd expect them to have a heavy "returning to your roots" element to focus on her ancient ancestry.

A movie is a trickier deal because unlike Wolverine, Gambit, or Bishop, Storm doesn't have as prolific a life outside the X-Men (besides her marriage). Her first film could have her face off against Shadow King but the second and third films might need some more creativity. Maybe in the sequel she forms the UN-sanctioned XSE to take on Sauron in the Savage Land? Final film she deals with the Brood? Then there's the question of supporting cast. Gentle as her protege is likely especially with the Wakanda connection but she probably won't have access to any A-listers like Psylocke or Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Right. That was Stormbot 2.0. Ororo was out living her best life during that time.

Ugh my Bf just called my OBTS premise Oliver Twist Carmen Sandiego Winderrider Disney princess tomb raider....
    .............I hate him.
    Sounds good to me. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think a Disney+ series is more likely but with the massive success of BP and the strong MCU brand a Storm trilogy might be possible. You're definitely right about the show, they'd probably want to do an adaptation of her journey through East Africa with a coming-of-age and afro-fantasy hook. Even if they do the show with an adult Ororo I'd expect them to have a heavy "returning to your roots" element to focus on her ancient ancestry.

A movie is a trickier deal because unlike Wolverine, Gambit, or Bishop, Storm doesn't have as prolific a life outside the X-Men (besides her marriage). Her first film could have her face off against Shadow King but the second and third films might need some more creativity. Maybe in the sequel she forms the UN-sanctioned XSE to take on Sauron in the Savage Land? Final film she deals with the Brood? Then there's the question of supporting cast. Gentle as her protege is likely especially with the Wakanda connection but she probably won't have access to any A-listers like Psylocke or Gambit.

Your absolutely right about how a solo film could be very tricky, and I too would chose Shadow King as her first primary villain . But as per further film's , I would hope in the first solo film there would be some character build for some minor antagonist or group to be center focus for the next couple film's.

Adrea Deruyter could be the Second villain.

.............I hate him.
    that's funny lolol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    HOW???

What does Storm have to offer that Disney would consider that? I am being 100% serious.

Because the folks in charge look at Coates dictatorship on Black Panther and look at the numbers-that only BENEFITS Panther. They are not picking up that book and seeing what is done with Storm.

What I have been YELLING in this forum that needs to be done? Storm has to stand on her own and have her own BLEEP. That is what the stock holders look at.

Because if I had to pitch a show or movie with a black female- Midnight Angels, Moon Girl, Riri Williams and Shuri say hi with leads in solos/minis. No to mention Monica and her mom in Cap marvel.

That is why Storm fans have to demand BETTER. Don't rely on Black panther's success for anything. Because it's not his job. Because if you do that, you are also allowing others failure to hold you back.

Remember Storm only got her solo BECAUSE of Ms Marvel. What if that book had failed?

Storm fans demand better. Demand an OGN by Coates. Demand something.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    HOW???

What does Storm have to offer that Disney would consider that? I am being 100% serious.

Because the folks in charge look at Coates dictatorship on Black Panther and look at the numbers-that only BENEFITS Panther. They are not picking up that book and seeing what is done with Storm.

What I have been YELLING in this forum that needs to be done? Storm has to stand on her own and have her own BLEEP. That is what the stock holders look at.

Because if I had to pitch a show or movie with a black female- Midnight Angels, Moon Girl, Riri Williams and Shuri say hi with leads in solos/minis. No to mention Monica and her mom in Cap marvel.

That is why Storm fans have to demand BETTER. Don't rely on Black panther's success for anything. Because it's not his job. Because if you do that, you are also allowing others failure to hold you back.

Remember Storm only got her solo BECAUSE of Ms Marvel. What if that book had failed?

Storm fans demand better. Demand an OGN by Coates. Demand something.
    I would absolutely agree that Storm should stand on her own and does not need anyone to be relevant.

But the truth of the matter is as several Storm fans
    have stated, outside of Clearmont. There's been a serious lack of development for Storm and slot of other characters. After the Clearmont year she was really just a support gueststar. Which why there's no real meat on the bones for her and people like Colossus Nightcrawler . And none of that is the fault of Black Panther franchise.

And the way the MCU is built character are seeded and introduce via other MCU movies and show.
    So I wouldn't really have any issue with BP involvement.

The X-Men is a Team and not a small one like the F4 . So many pieces no one ever get really development unless your the writer pet .

Even now as we're discussing her solo we can't really find a villain for her that just couldn't be an X-Men movie.
    Sure creating a new villain would be cool , but I bet you dollars and donuts ppl would crab about unauthentic it was.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 04-06-2020 at 01:03 PM.

As to what Storm has to offer.

1)Perimer Superheroine.
    Who know maybe she'll be the Ms.Marvel of D+ (Not counting Wanda)
    2) She's a Princess
    You know how the Mouse eats that for breakfast, look at Shuri.
    3) Cross Franchise
    Tho theyre going to waste all of it on Wolverine and Deadpool.
    I think the Audience would be intrigued in a cross franchise relationship.
    Nothing to heavy no marriage, just something for the fans to ship .
    4) Free reign.
    Like we stated she has no real life or back story so all the more to creat something and no constriction no boundaries free to put their best forward. Could even relaunch her to new heights in media and In house Comics.
    5) She Black
    See how I saved that for last. Shouldn't be a factor but we all know it is.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 04-06-2020 at 01:01 PM.