Page 44 of 613 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144544 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    obligations? i only know of them talking about opression and bringing up krakoa, is this the most recent issue?
    yes Shuri mentioned to Tchalla when he returned from space that Ororo was not there because she had xmen duties to attend. i forget the issue number but when i get the chance i will post some scans.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Yes I would be curious to see how Coates' would address the idea of Ororo being an actual goddess in the world of the current mutantkind where they are playing as gods. I think there are only technically maybe two mutants, outside of Ororo, who would qualify as an actual god: Siyrn and Selene.

I believe this as well. Coates has written a superb black panther in terms of building the mythos and expanding open the idea of the nation (with regards to their gods and their reach in the galaxy). i'm also curious where coates is looking to take the story after the reboot (if it is rebooted).
    Check your Twitter dms, boo! Sent you something god related that I thought was interesting from the new Thor book coming out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Check your Twitter dms, boo! Sent you something god related that I thought was interesting from the new Thor book coming out soon.

Boo thank you so much for this gym. I recall many people giving storm grief because ger dicubjty was lowered by faith. they said thor didnt rewrite faith but here we are with data from his own book saying the opposite. I love it:

the same applies for Odin, thor, all of asgard require faith.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-25-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

this is too hilarious I couldnt resist shwring:

https://thedigitalwise.com/2020/01/2...-what-we-know/

this is too hilarious I couldnt resist shwring:

https://thedigitalwise.com/2020/01/2...-what-we-know/

Seeing how the rumor mill are saying that that BP2 and Avengers 5 will be about Passing the mantel of BP to his sister, I have put all notion Of Storm being in a BP movie

Boo thank you so much for this gym. I recall many people giving storm grief because ger dicubjty was lowered by faith. they said thor didnt rewrite faith but here we are with data from his own book saying the opposite. I love it:

the same applies for Odin, thor, all of asgard require faith.
    I dont think he means literally. Batman doesn't get any power ups through faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I dont think he means literally. Batman doesn't get any power ups through faith.
    batman isnt a god though so how would faith give him a power up??

Maybe I misreading your post. Are you saying these DC heroes in the image are being powered by faith as evidence to correlate how Coates is writing Storm?

Bruce dresses up in a bat costume to scare people, making them easier to cow and beat up. People's faith in capitalism and central banks gives him wealth, which he uses to fund his activities. I think the belief of the people certainly is at play in his effectiveness(at the very least, the plot armor that allows him to go toe to toe with all these super-beings).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Maybe I misreading your post. Are you saying these DC heroes in the image are being powered by faith as evidence to correlate how Coates is writing Storm?
    this is a preview from thor issue 2 or 3. it's not dc.

this is a preview from thor issue 2 or 3. it's not dc.
    But those are the people he is referencing. Superman, green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman. That page is a tongue in cheek way of talking about them. The hand grasping the universe in the preview is from a DC story also.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Bruce dresses up in a bat costume to scare people, making them easier to cow and beat up. People's faith in capitalism and central banks gives him wealth, which he uses to fund his activities. I think the belief of the people certainly is at play in his effectiveness(at the very least, the plot armor that allows him to go toe to toe with all these super-beings).
    this is all true and very well said. the power up I meant was in terms of his innate abilities.

But those are the people he is referencing. Superman, green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman. That page is a tongue in cheek way of talking about them. The hand grasping the universe in the preview is from a DC story also.
    they were not speaking to DC characters. they were specifically talking to gods in marvel:

these same application of faith and gods as coates described it for ororo is described as such for all marvel gods.

they were not speaking to DC characters. they were specifically talking to gods in marvel:

I know its Marvel, Cates is having fun with the audience. The narration says this is a different universe.