Page 23 of 613 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so it's a variant cover? I never read earth x. was it good?
    It was excellent at a time when excellence was rare, so hindsight might not be so kind.

It was full of heavy difficult John Paul Leon artwork that was gorgeous in its style.

It was all-encompassing in its scope of the Marvel Universe, and really cherished its biggest and most nostalgic players. I can't say Storm, Cyclops and the rest of the X-Men really showed out. They were more prominent in the sequels(trash). The BIG x-element of Earth X was the nature of mutations itself. When its fans sometimes mention the connection between mutants and the Celestials, Earth X is probably the clearest explanation of that connection.

Big recommend if you like the Marvel Universe.

Earth X was a comic nerd's comic. It was so steeped in lore, spanning the entire Marvel Universe, it might be a bit much for Storm or even X-Men fans. While they do appear, they are minor roles, in the grand scheme of things. That said, it was Earth X that opened me to the idea of Ororo and T'Challa as a couple, so in that regard, you might enjoy it.

There were sequels series(Universe X and Paradise X), the latter of which featured Bloodstorm as a more central character, but those series are even deeper dives. I just wish Alex Ross had done the interiors too. First he did Marvels, which was incredible, then he did Kingdom Come for DC which was even better. This was sort of a follow up on Kingdom Come but for Marvel(in that it took place some decades in the future and featured older versions of our known characters and a whole new generation of heroes and villains), but Alex only did the covers and character designs, not the interior art. Still, a very interesting series over all. Kinda weird how a lot of it's AU canon came to 616 proper all these years later.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

For you star wars fans:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-ch...ke-great-jedi/

6. Storm

One interesting hero who could bring a whole new aspect to the Jedi is Storm. A powerful mutant with the ability to manipulate and control the weather, Storm is not adverse to becoming one with the raw forces of the universe as a whole. This makes her perfect to become a Jedi Knight.

Interesting enough, a major identifying aspect of Storm is her control over lightning and thunder. While lightning is a typical tool of the Sith and dark side of the force, Storm’s heroic nature makes this a perfect opportunity for light side users of the Force to master this power as well.
    She'd definitely be an Ataru master with a blue saber and a custom beskar knife on her hip.

Self imposed exile to wander the Galaxy and strengthen her connection to the force. Poise, resilience, patience, grace. She'd make a great Jedi. It just fits her.

What I wouldn't give to see her flipping and dipping with a lightsaber...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Kinda weird how a lot of it's AU canon came to 616 proper all these years later.
    The antibody revelation is so simple and grand that it doesn't surprise me at all. It should be the defining cornerstone of the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The antibody revelation is so simple and grand that it doesn't surprise me at all. It should be the defining cornerstone of the MU.
    I still feel like that is real canon. I hated how they've been messing that line of thinking up over in Aaron's Avengers run with all his nonsense.

I still feel like that is real canon. I hated how they've been messing that line of thinking up over in Aaron's Avengers run with all his nonsense.
    I want to be the kind of adult and fellow creative that can give space to a guy with fun, silly ideas, but I just don't like what's been done with all his retcons. No one asked for the Iron Fist to be connected to the Phoenix.

I feel like the MU kind of matured in and around 2000, and everything since has been wrestling with nostalgia and finding new cracks to insert story.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I want to be the kind of adult and fellow creative that can give space to a guy with fun, silly ideas, but I just don't like what's been done with all his retcons. No one asked for the Iron Fist to be connected to the Phoenix.

I feel like the MU kind of matured in and around 2000, and everything since has been wrestling with nostalgia and finding new cracks to insert story.
    I think that's fair. Peaked around 2000, and has just been picked apart since.

BANNED

I think Vita on Storm is potentially great. Vita's Age of X-Man title was better and more interesting than any alternate universe story has any right to be. I think she'd do well on Ro, or probably any characters.

Earth X, Universe X, Paradise X...one of my favorite comic stories ever.
    I loved the entire thing.

Think Marvel's Kingdom Come.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    No opinion yet on Vita. I haven’t read anything from her before. Part of me is happy to see a black/latin female writing her. I am still at a loss on what type if story this will be and how it’ll connect with Storm. Part of me thinks if its a team book that Storm gets to lead I’d be curious if they’ll go for an XXM 3 style reboot.
    Slight correction. Vita is non-binary so they/them.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I am excited for possibility of Vita writing something with Storm. Do yourself a favor read Ayala's Livewire book you see Vita have will have a good handle on storm.Vita handle a character with strong personality like Storm very well in that book. Between Prisoner X and Livewire I think Ayala would be a good fit.

BANNED

Aaron confirmed that all life on Earth are antibodies for the Celestials no? I doesnt seem so different from Earth X.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    this is gorgeous!!! stunning!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Aaron confirmed that all life on Earth are antibodies for the Celestials no? I doesnt seem so different from Earth X.
    No....

He changed it a lot. In Earth X, they made it so that there was a baby Celestial gestating inside of the earth, and all the superpowered humans on earth(whose powers all come from the latent X-Gene the Celestials implanted in protohumans long ago) are there to protect that baby(from Galactus eating it, for example), essentially acting as 'antibodies' to defend it against external threats.

In Aaron's Avengers, they killed all the Celestials and Eternals and brought in Dark Celestials and all this nonsense, and instead of the Celestials intentionally seeding life on earth, it was just a mistake, because a Celestial got infected with the Horde(or some other space bugs?) and fell to earth and died, and all life comes from it's decaying body and there were actually a bunch of Horde(or whatever they were) gestating inside of the earth. And earth is essentially 'quarantined' due to this infection. At least that's all I remember in-between rolling my eyes at his nonsense.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-13-2020 at 01:40 PM.