Page 537 of 613 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Lol yes the inconsistencies are startling which is why I am not a fan of this couple. If done well and respected consistently by all who handle them I would be fully behind it. But given the factions of the marvel office, the best and most enduring romances tend to be those that are done in house. I'm definitely no fan of the Logan/Storm hot mess, but this may also be why some people react more positively towards it. Due to BP and Storm belong to different branches, their relationship often feels like the office struggles illustrated. It reeks of office relationships and deals. Sometimes the two sides love each other, sometimes they hate each other, sometimes they honor each other, and some time they troll each other. Storm and BP just seem to be collateral damage.
    honestly I'm over it now. this is literally the same **** they did after they broke them up the first time. let tchalla get far away from the toxic world that is the xbooks
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Sweet! I can't wait.

Hickman is very big picture kind of guy. So I feel confident in the BP&Storm relationship.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    honestly I'm over it now. this is literally the same **** they did after they broke them up the first time. let tchalla get far away from the toxic world that is the xbooks
    I can agree with that. That the X-office seems to rely on BP so much for story and lore, especially as it relates to Storm, is pretty stupid when you think about it. I understand it's a shared universe but if X-writers can build these expansive mutant clans and entire concepts like Limbo around certain characters I don't know why the same can't be done for Storm.

Because it's weird to see that the only time Storm seems to get shine is when she's digging back into her ex-husband's mythos. Her new suit, her introduction in X-Men Red, her divinity that she's finally embracing, the sword that makes her relevant in this event, all these things tie back to T'Challa when they could've been used to build her up.

And at the same time they **** on and retcon that same mythos lol, trying to create a rivalry between mutants and Wakanda out of nowhere lol. Typical self-defeating victim mentality. They could've given Storm the Sword of Bone and delved into her long hinted mystical heritage but instead they go the stereotypical "Storm romance drama" route that's dragged the character down in the past. While only setting up more conflict between her and her ex because the X-office doesn't know what to do with her.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I can agree with that. That the X-office seems to rely on BP so much for story and lore, especially as it relates to Storm, is pretty stupid when you think about it. I understand it's a shared universe but if X-writers can build these expansive mutant clans and entire concepts like Limbo around certain characters I don't know why the same can't be done for Storm.

Because it's weird to see that the only time Storm seems to get shine is when she's digging back into her ex-husband's mythos. Her new suit, her introduction in X-Men Red, her divinity that she's finally embracing, the sword that makes her relevant in this event, all these things tie back to T'Challa when they could've been used to build her up.

And at the same time they **** on and retcon that same mythos lol, trying to create a rivalry between mutants and Wakanda out of nowhere lol. Typical self-defeating victim mentality. They could've given Storm the Sword of Bone and delved into her long hinted mystical heritage but instead they go the stereotypical "Storm romance drama" route that's dragged the character down in the past. While only setting up more conflict between her and her ex because the X-office doesn't know what to do with her.
    I don't think it's that deep. The x offices wanted it over and done like a lot of other x-fans and they planned it well enough to know exactly who to have write it to deal with some of the possible push back. Quite a bit of thought went into this and it was more a case of they knew exactly where they didn't want storm to be. Kudos to hickman and crew from me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think it's that deep. The x offices wanted it over and done like a lot of other x-fans and they planned it well enough to know exactly who to have write it to deal with some of the possible push back. Quite a bit of thought went into this and it was more a case of they knew exactly where they didn't want storm to be. Kudos to hickman and crew from me.
    I agree it's not that deep, I doubt they put much thought into how Storm operates as a character when T'Challa isn't involved lol. The last few instances I pointed out demonstrate that. Just last post you said that this wasn't a clear separation between them. In the recent publication on the main Marvel site the relationship was described as "damaged", not "ended".

Like with the mutant son of Marvel's First Family, the X-office plans on drawing out the tension because Storm apparently doesn't have much going on unless T'Challa and his mythos are available. Sad but true. And so they pick a weak black writer to introduce this tension and will have white writers use him to prop her up. Marauders #13 being the first foray into that with the contrived writing for Shuri and T'Challa. They have a direction, but it's rooted in their lack of idea of how Storm as an independent entity can thrive within the X-World. And their suspect use (or lack thereof) of straight, competent black men.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-30-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Meh. Now that she's free of the Black Panther they can have her shine without digging into his mythos. Regardless of her status with BP, I am enjoying the current X-Men stories as a whole and Storm's part in X of Swords. They are setting up something for Storm and thus far I am still excited about it. Bring on the stories I say. Let's see where they are taking the character

I agree it's not that deep, I doubt they put much thought into how Storm operates as a character when T'Challa isn't involved lol. The last few instances I pointed out demonstrate that. Just last post you said that this wasn't a clear separation between them. In the recent publication on the main Marvel site the relationship was described as "damaged", not "ended".

Like with the mutant son of Marvel's First Family, the X-office plans on drawing out the tension because Storm apparently doesn't have much going on unless T'Challa and his mythos are available. Sad but true. And so they pick a weak black writer to introduce this tension and will have white writers use him to prop her up. Marauders #13 being the first foray into that with the contrived writing for Shuri and T'Challa. They have a direction, but it's rooted in their lack of idea of how Storm as an independent entity can thrive within the X-World. And their suspect use (or lack thereof) of straight, competent black men.
    Lol this post is every reason they need to end. Despite what the writers do storm will always be the bigger character with more potential and unlike bp is irreplaceable. She was plucked fro the xbooks to even give tchallabo noteriety. Xtreme x-men and storm books sell far above tchalla books. And it needed to end for this vary narrative. They were turning storm into a bp character she is above that. Before she went to the bp books she whad book after book and that's with the controversy noose around her neck so I'm glad it's done. Let my girl be free so no can go be great. I'm sure shuri will rocked the bp suit in the next movie and then syngery will follow so they def ended it at the right time.

You can pick up any sales data from any month in any year and see who the real seller is. Giant size x-men storm, bp could never.

I wi refrain from mentioning tchaa further this is finally a great time to be an x-men fan who loves storm. I doubt anyone on the xsude us in a rush to reunite them and tchalla book ain't even been out in months. Let him be great with Aaron and the phoenix or any other wakanda first story.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-31-2020 at 04:26 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Lol this post is every reason they need to end. Despite what the writers do storm will always be the bigger character with more potential and unlike bp is irreplaceable. She was plucked fro the xbooks to even give tchallabo noteriety. Xtreme x-men and storm books sell far above tchalla books. And it needed to end for this vary narrative. They were turning storm into a bp character she is above that. Before she went to the bp books she whad book after book and that's with the controversy noose around her neck so I'm glad it's done. Let my girl be free so no can go be great. I'm sure shuri will rocked the bp suit in the next movie and then syngery will follow so they def ended it at the right time.

You can pick up any sales data from any month in any year and see who the real seller is. Giant size x-men storm, bp could never.

I wi refrain from mentioning tchaa further this is finally a great time to be an x-men fan who loves storm. I doubt anyone on the xsude us in a rush to reunite them and tchalla book ain't even been out in months. Let him be great with Aaron and the phoenix or any other wakanda first story.
    I agree (as many BP fans do) that the relationship needed to end. Unlike Storm, T'Challa is a multi-billion dollar solo IP, he needs in-house love interests lol. But then why was it damaged instead of ended? Why leave open the possibility of more conflict with Wakanda if the intention was simply to have Storm be independent of Black Panther? It was a story designed to create additional conflict, not separate the character, which was my issue and speaks to a larger issue for her character, as a fan. I mean just look at Storm's description for her role in this event, it was all BP stuff lol (vibranium, Shuri, Wakandan religion, T'Challa).

I'm not getting into the weeds with you about who's more popular, that's juvenile in comparison to how Storm is actually used/perceived by audiences (especially casuals). Like I've said, most of her major moments as of late are tied to her ex and there are dangling plot threads between them to this day, which I think hamstring her independence. This event was a missed opportunity to use the Sword of Bone or show her skills as a competent diplomat. The X-office seems to be building towards a big story for her, but I think there's a legitimate concern that it will once again tie into relationship/Wakanda drama which ultimately drags down both characters (as I like both of them).

Or maybe it won't happen, maybe they'll build off the goddess plotline that was funny enough, introduced in Black Panther lol. We'll see but because it wasn't clear where they stand this is the type of uncertainty some fans in this thread have. Which isn't to say I don't see the potential in what they might do, but I have my concerns. Though it's ok if you disagree and feel otherwise.

I agree (as many BP fans do) that the relationship needed to end. Unlike Storm, T'Challa is a multi-billion dollar solo IP, he needs in-house love interests lol. But then why was it damaged instead of ended? Why leave open the possibility of more conflict with Wakanda if the intention was simply to have Storm be independent of Black Panther? It was a story designed to create additional conflict, not separate the character, which was my issue and speaks to a larger issue for her character, as a fan. I mean just look at Storm's description for her role in this event, it was all BP stuff lol (vibranium, Shuri, Wakandan religion, T'Challa).

I'm not getting into the weeds with you about who's more popular, that's juvenile in comparison to how Storm is actually used/perceived by audiences (especially casuals). Like I've said, most of her major moments as of late are tied to her ex and there are dangling plot threads between them to this day, which I think hamstring her independence. This event was a missed opportunity to use the Sword of Bone or show her skills as a competent diplomat. The X-office seems to be building towards a big story for her, but I think there's a legitimate concern that it will once again tie into relationship/Wakanda drama which ultimately drags down both characters (as I like both of them).

Or maybe it won't happen, maybe they'll build off the goddess plotline that was funny enough, introduced in Black Panther lol. We'll see but because it wasn't clear where they stand this is the type of uncertainty some fans in this thread have. Which isn't to say I don't see the potential in what they might do, but I have my concerns. Though it's ok if you disagree and feel otherwise.
    Another misconception seems to be that somehow BP introduced the goddess theme when in fact it was already a apart of Storm and her legacy. Another problem Storm started to get too muddled in the BP franchise and was nothing more than an accessory, the BP line gave Storm nothing of substance other than using her to boost the sales once and awhile. i can't hate on them for that, it is what it is i don't know what Deal hudlin worked out with the BP office or what sort of loop holes may not have been in the use of her character or where she could be or not. Storm was bigger before BP and now after she seems to be on the rise again. As a fan of Storm and the x-men that's all i really care about in the grand scheme of things.

Your also right they could have used the sword of bone or what not but perhaps that will be done at another time who knows all i know is i see Storm being used now that she is back firmly in the X-office and i don't have to go wander around the other side of the MU to find her so it's a win for me. i don't bedgrude anyone their opinions or their likes or dislikes it simply is what it is.

As far as the relationship for BP/Storm they left it in a way that someone could explore it but it won't be the x-oiffice. They left it in a place where Storm told him this was bigger than wakanda and krakoa and they both know he is wakanda first so in that respect she laid it down. She will either return the sword or not but at that point it's on tchalla because she made her choice and did what she did and i pray for us all the BP books just let it go too and we can all just move on with the stories we prefer to read.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Another misconception seems to be that somehow BP introduced the goddess theme when in fact it was already a apart of Storm and her legacy. Another problem Storm started to get too muddled in the BP franchise and was nothing more than an accessory, the BP line gave Storm nothing of substance other than using her to boost the sales once and awhile. i can't hate on them for that, it is what it is i don't know what Deal hudlin worked out with the BP office or what sort of loop holes may not have been in the use of her character or where she could be or not. Storm was bigger before BP and now after she seems to be on the rise again. As a fan of Storm and the x-men that's all i really care about in the grand scheme of things.

Your also right they could have used the sword of bone or what not but perhaps that will be done at another time who knows all i know is i see Storm being used now that she is back firmly in the X-office and i don't have to go wander around the other side of the MU to find her so it's a win for me. i don't bedgrude anyone their opinions or their likes or dislikes it simply is what it is.

As far as the relationship for BP/Storm they left it in a way that someone could explore it but it won't be the x-oiffice. They left it in a place where Storm told him this was being than wakanda and krakoa and they both know he is wakanda first so in that respect she laid it down. She will either return the sword or not but at that point it's on tchalla because she made her choice and did what she did and i pray for us all the BP books just let it go too and we can all just move on with the stories we prefer to read.
    It's not a misconception, that's an objective fact lol. Up until Coates, Storm had vaguely defined mystical abilities with ties to an elder god, he confirmed (where the X-office retconned away) she was in fact a goddess. C'mon we don't have to be revisionist with the history of Storm's development to make a point.

Either way I don't quite think you understand what I'm getting at, but that's ok. Like I've said, when nearly every major moment for Storm since roughly 2017 is tied to T'Challa, both in his book and in Storm's own franchise, I think it's a problem for her as an independent character. If you're fine with her being more of an ambassador for T'Challa than Gentle then that's your prerogative, but I come from the perspective of someone who'd like to see her mythos developed without relying on another franchise, least of all her ex-husband.

Which is why the refusal to permanently end the romance is weird. You'd think if they wanted complete ownership, like when T'Challa first divorced her, the X-office would do something more definitive. Instead they leave open the possibility of war with Krakoa and have her once again basically confirm they still love each other. T'Challa, as I'm sure you're aware, is a fictional character. If his mythos creeps up again in DOX to drive Storm's story, that's on the X-office, which comes back to the idea they don't seem to have a story for her that's not tied to him. But I could be wrong, all that's left to do is see. I have my hopes and my concerns, but with all the plot threads DOX established who knows.

Storm and BP is always such a strange phenomena to me. I am not a fan of BP. His story and mythos just don't grab me in any kind of way. I am an X-fan, so I would much rather see Storm featured and thriving in the series I actually give a damn about. But the odd phenomena I said earlier deals with the opinion that the BP TPTB are the only ones who seem to want to do anything with the character, while the X PTB always just are content with letting her languish. So I get stuck slogging through BP just to get a decent Storm story, while enjoying reading X-titles and wishing that Storm wasn't so paper thin and irrelevant.

That's why it is also always so weird that the X PTB often yank Storm from BP with the reasoning that they are a actually going to do something with her. Thus far they have not, and I never believe "big plans" since the X side has never delivered on that in 15 years despite their "efforts," so I don't have much faith in them doing so in this era, but we will see. I always give the X-side more chances cause again, I am am X-fan first and foremost. I wasn't impressed with Giant Sized Storm nor Storm's role in DOX so far. Feels like more of the same. I did really like the recent Marauders though and hope that is a precursor to the turning of the tide, alongside XoS as well.

I do hope Storm is done with BP. They have my gratitude for elevating and caring about the character, but I don't want to read about her in a series that I just don't care about.
    Last edited by Saturius; 10-31-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Storm and BP is always such a strange phenomena to me. I am not a fan of BP. His story and mythos just don't grab me in any kind of way. I am an X-fan, so I would much rather see Storm featured and thriving in the series I actually give a damn about. But the odd phenomena I said earlier deals with the opinion that the BP TPTB are the only ones who seem to want to do anything with the character, while the X PTB always just are content with letting her languish. So I get stuck slogging through BP just to get a decent Storm story, while enjoying reading X-titles and wishing that Storm wasn't so paper thin and irrelevant.

That's why it is also always so weird that the X PTB often yank Storm from BP with the reasoning that they are a actually going to do something with her. Thus far they have not, and I never believe "big plans" since the X side has never delivered on that in 15 years despite their "efforts," so I don't have much faith in them doing so in this era, but we will see. I always give the X-side more chances cause again, I am am X-fan first and foremost. I wasn't impressed with Giant Sized Storm nor Storm's role in DOX so far. Feels like more of the same. I did really like the recent Marauders though and hope that is a precursor to the turning of the tide, alongside XoS as well.

I do hope Storm is done with BP. They have my gratitude for elevating and caring about the character, but I don't want to read about her in a series that I just don't care about.
    That's a nuanced and respectable viewpoint. I'm a fan of BP and several other Avengers on top of being an X-fan but I agree with the idea that she needs to thrive in her home franchise. That said, I'm personally tired of giving the X-office a chance with Storm. They need to stop lending her to the BP office whenever they get tired of her and using her as a token when they do, and commit to a direction.

It doesn't help her to be an extension of his franchise and it doesn't help T'Challa to not have a stable love interest as a solo IP, they deserve better, especially as the two most popular black characters in comics. As bad as I thought Marauders was, I hope that it ended whatever connections they have so Storm can be fully immersed in the DOX narrative, but the way it ended, I have my doubts.

That was the cause of this conversation to begin with, Storm still has those ties and Marvel seems to be doubling down on them by creating conflict between them. But we'll see, maybe it gets handwaved away and Storm can finally get stories not contingent on T'Challa.

I've largely stayed away from the BP/Storm relationship situation because I've pretty much said my peace. I'm not going to get into any kind of pissing contest on who did what to who or who benefits because it's moot.

Under the current conditions, a BP/Storm relationship cannot work for reasons well documented by both sides of the debate. Marvel however will continue to hang on to it as it's been well used as a plot point to provide tension for each character and fan base. We've had dozens of threads, hundreds of posts and multiple bannings because of it.

I refuse to participate anymore. First and foremost I'm a staunch BP fan but I also have an interest in seeing Storm and other Black mutants do well. Going forward, my comments regarding Storm will be solely about her role and usage in X-books. I will be as critical(good and bad) of her portrayals as I am of BP's. I'm saying all of this so that my position is clear and understand. The BP/Storm relationship no longer matters to me because it no longer matters to Marvel in any good way.

The XBooks could stand to lose a few characters. Everyone is so stagnant, and rehash. At least else where there's opportunity to grow.