Page 6 of 613 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Of course I want more than knife fighting Storm. I just nice to know that we’re not being forced to endure some bullshit pacifist Storm to make Cyclops look more cutthroat. I like that that her stateswoman status is being flexed very subtly. Hadari Yao is queen in name because a portion of Wakandan citizens still believe her to be their rightful queen. Hodari the Wakandan Council member states plainly that as a country Wakanda would rather settle for the more familial relationship of kings and queens. Storm may not want the titles thrusted upon her while she’s been under Coates, but that isn’t going unnoticed.

Hadari Yao, the queen who refused to have her power nullified. The woman that conceals vibranium knives and god knows what else on her person. I’ve been slayed!

All-New Member

Gotta love some Storm! Here's some concept art I made934126-70sx_men.jpgclassic-xman-storm.jpg5759178fec81170882ce2c4949f2890c.jpg
    Last edited by jmichael06; 01-01-2020 at 10:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love warrior storm too. it's been such a long time since we have truly seen her.
    Has it though? Even Guggenheim gave us his version of powerless badass Storm. I’m just sick of writers living out that nostalgia for her punk phase and doing little else. Why is Storm, the weather-controlling environmentally-conscious mutant, stabbing people in the eye while Iceman is refreezing the ice caps?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Ororo "stab-a-ho" Munroe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    She hid it in her wig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    This Russian fool really thought he could just pull up on Hadari Yao...

These has me literally lol'ing. All very apt description. I can't tell which one I love more - stabbing bitches in the heart or taking out an eye . I want a more comprehensive fight like they gave Kitty in issues 1 and 4, but this was pretty bad ass taste.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    X-Men #4 mention of Wakanda and indirect mention of Ororo and T'Challa's relationship

Attachment 90906
    Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Yes, the Wakandan rep says their country STILL will not allow Krakoan drugs into their country. But that's okay, their nations are still bound together by their King and Queen. Meaning despite official word that she is divorced from their King T'Challa, Wakandans still consider Ororo their Queen (and one of the Goddesses in their Pantheon). Therefore, since their acclaimed still-Queen is a Krakoan, that essentially ties their respective nations to one side. Mags accepts that, though he does remark that the Hellfire TC will also not take that lying down either because their ideal objective is to get Krakoan drugs EVERYWHERE on Earth, without exception, whether people like it or not (and hopefully profit from it).
    This is one of the directions I am hoping they considering going in with Storm. Her ties and connections around the globe and in various communities of all levels could make for so many interesting roles.

thanks for sharing. I saw this over in the BP thread. ororo looks like honey this is cute but we been in here for like four hours we got ish to do.

A nice node to The Crew

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Of course I want more than knife fighting Storm. I just nice to know that we’re not being forced to endure some bullshit pacifist Storm to make Cyclops look more cutthroat. I like that that her stateswoman status is being flexed very subtly. Hadari Yao is queen in name because a portion of Wakandan citizens still believe her to be their rightful queen. Hodari the Wakandan Council member states plainly that as a country Wakanda would rather settle for the more familial relationship of kings and queens. Storm may not want the titles thrusted upon her while she’s been under Coates, but that isn’t going unnoticed. Hadari Yao, the queen who refused to have her power nullified. The woman that conceals vibranium knives and god knows what else on her person. I’ve been slayed!
    Hickman would be the ideal writer to bring this to the fore in the MU/X-Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by jmichael06 View Post
    Gotta love some Storm! Here's some concept art I made934126-70sx_men.jpgclassic-xman-storm.jpg5759178fec81170882ce2c4949f2890c.jpg
    This looks amazing. I am not a fan of The Gold uniform but your art is amazing.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Has it though? Even Guggenheim gave us his version of powerless badass Storm. I’m just sick of writers living out that nostalgia for her punk phase and doing little else. Why is Storm, the weather-controlling environmentally-conscious mutant, stabbing people in the eye while Iceman is refreezing the ice caps?
    I think that's fair but we've also got the weather controlling environmentally friendly mutant in fearless. I would love to see ororo given better depictions with her abilities but why cant she do both?

and to your point about Guggenheim his depiction of her being "badass" was shown by way of WIS; it was nothing to be edcured to read.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Of course I want more than knife fighting Storm. I just nice to know that we’re not being forced to endure some bullshit pacifist Storm to make Cyclops look more cutthroat. I like that that her stateswoman status is being flexed very subtly. Hadari Yao is queen in name because a portion of Wakandan citizens still believe her to be their rightful queen. Hodari the Wakandan Council member states plainly that as a country Wakanda would rather settle for the more familial relationship of kings and queens. Storm may not want the titles thrusted upon her while she’s been under Coates, but that isn’t going unnoticed.

Hadari Yao, the queen who refused to have her power nullified. The woman that conceals vibranium knives and god knows what else on her person. I’ve been slayed!
    I've been slayed too boo. it was a nice read.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think that's fair but we've also got the weather controlling environmentally friendly mutant in fearless. I would love to see ororo given better depictions with her abilities but why cant she do both?

and to your point about Guggenheim his depiction of her being "badass" was shown by way of WIS; it was nothing to be edcured to read.
    Guggenheim's take on "powerless" Storm was an epic flatline. That whole issue was an face slap to Storm fans (i.e. Wolverine's pep talk).

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Guggenheim's take on "powerless" Storm was an epic flatline. That whole issue was an face slap to Storm fans (i.e. Wolverine's pep talk).

lolol you have me rolling with the epic flatline but it is true!

from the nap to the wolverine pep talk the issue was absolutely the worst lol

when are we going to get your review of the issue?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I still can't get over the fact that storm just whipped out a knife the moment her powers are gone and just stabbed a guy in the eye lmao say what you want about Duggan but he definitely brings that since of brutality to his fight scenes.

And yes more warrior Storm I understand this Storm is a loving, caring, and nurturing person but she also has a mean streak when you fudge with her family and as we saw won't hesitate to cut a bih.

Can someone post that page where storm whips out a knife in contemplation of stabbing Xavier lol

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I still can't get over the fact that storm just whipped out a knife the moment her powers are gone and just stabbed a guy in the eye lmao say what you want about Duggan but he definitely brings that since of brutality to his fight scenes.

And yes more warrior Storm I understand this Storm is a loving, caring, and nurturing person but she also has a mean streak when you fudge with her family and as we saw won't hesitate to cut a bih.

Can someone post that page where storm whips out a knife in contemplation of stabbing Xavier lol
    I think you are referencing this:

she even made a similar face lolol

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-01-2020 at 11:12 PM.

lolol you have me rolling with the epic flatline but it is true!

from the nap to the wolverine pep talk the issue was absolutely the worst lol

when are we going to get your review of the issue?
    Just focusing on Storm mainly:

- Art = Amazing. I would not mind both this artist and colorist staying on this book (even if I don't end up buying the series as a whole). Storm looked amazing in each panel (though I feel that costume should have a spiked heel or wedge). Costiie and coloring was accurate in each panel but I do want them to settle on one look for her cap. I like the full gap and asymetric cap look but it keeps changing in the various books she's appearing in. Part of me would even love for them to get rid of the cap and throw in one of her 80's style belts (lose but well fit where she can hide her vibranium blades and an extra place for lockpicks)

- The characterization and dialogue for Storm was good. Her complexity and multi-faceted personality came shining through. The nurturing Storm, defender of her family, her fellow mutants and the oppressed, and then we see the fierce warrior who may respect the law of "kill no man" but has a ruthlessness that reminds us how lethal she is as an opponent. Sans powers, even weapons, she is a skilled fighter who has no qualms with leaving her opponents with a grim reminder of the mistake of underestimating her. I a hoping for an expansion on the fight next issue where we get to see her skillfully taking on more than 1 soldier.

- The story was entertaining. I am glad that the sassy witty dialogue is not limited to Emma, Pyro, Kitty and Bobby. Storm's quip bout getting her vibranium knife back made me laugh and was absolutely delish. Bishop, a focused and competent strategist deducing the trap (like a talented investigator), with Ororo acknowledging it but willing to risk it for the sake of helping her people. While she too is pragmatic and a skilled tactician and strategist it's fitting for her character to take extreme risks (be it to make a sacrifice that she knows is right but will never sit well with her emotionally or a costly risk she may not walk away from). The few pages they received definitely made for impact to the story finally). These 2 have great chemistry and I hope to see some more panel time between them.

- finally w see each team member getting some fair amount of panel time and a sense of relevance is starting to build for Storm here

Minuses
    - I don't find the villains particularly impressive for these X-Men. Power dampening tech is great, and the Russians pulled off an ambush that made sense (even though one could argue Storm's atmospheric senses would have given them her location). I prefer to see some polished villain for this team like we see in X-Force. Their homework was done well so that their prep and tech allows for them be credible threats. Plus...I am not sold on the Hellfire kids. Just seeing them takes me back to the trainwreck of WatX under Aaron.

If we get another good issue like this the book will make it's way on to my pull list for sure. A solid 4.25/5 for me)
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

I'm having mixed feelings about this issue. At first, I was like oh damn Storm ain't playing...than my feeling turned to Storm just killed that man.

Im not against Storm killing but that was to the extreme on a person/group who hasn't used lethal force yet.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm having mixed feelings about this issue. At first, I was like oh damn Storm ain't playing...than my feeling turned to Storm just killed that man.

Im not against Storm killing but that was to the extreme on a person/group who hasn't used lethal force yet.
    Well what do you think they were going to do after depowering them? In Russia they started shooting at them and aiming to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Well what do you think they were going to do after depowering them? In Russia they started shooting at them and aiming to kill.
    But this group wasn't out to kill. Their first shot was non-lethal...see a non-powered Bishop still alive.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Just focusing on Storm mainly:

- Art = Amazing. I would not mind both this artist and colorist staying on this book (even if I don't end up buying the series as a whole). Storm looked amazing in each panel (though I feel that costume should have a spiked heel or wedge). Costiie and coloring was accurate in each panel but I do want them to settle on one look for her cap. I like the full gap and asymetric cap look but it keeps changing in the various books she's appearing in. Part of me would even love for them to get rid of the cap and throw in one of her 80's style belts (lose but well fit where she can hide her vibranium blades and an extra place for lockpicks)

- The characterization and dialogue for Storm was good. Her complexity and multi-faceted personality came shining through. The nurturing Storm, defender of her family, her fellow mutants and the oppressed, and then we see the fierce warrior who may respect the law of "kill no man" but has a ruthlessness that reminds us how lethal she is as an opponent. Sans powers, even weapons, she is a skilled fighter who has no qualms with leaving her opponents with a grim reminder of the mistake of underestimating her. I a hoping for an expansion on the fight next issue where we get to see her skillfully taking on more than 1 soldier.

- The story was entertaining. I am glad that the sassy witty dialogue is not limited to Emma, Pyro, Kitty and Bobby. Storm's quip bout getting her vibranium knife back made me laugh and was absolutely delish. Bishop, a focused and competent strategist deducing the trap (like a talented investigator), with Ororo acknowledging it but willing to risk it for the sake of helping her people. While she too is pragmatic and a skilled tactician and strategist it's fitting for her character to take extreme risks (be it to make a sacrifice that she knows is right but will never sit well with her emotionally or a costly risk she may not walk away from). The few pages they received definitely made for impact to the story finally). These 2 have great chemistry and I hope to see some more panel time between them.

- finally w see each team member getting some fair amount of panel time and a sense of relevance is starting to build for Storm here

Minuses
    - I don't find the villains particularly impressive for these X-Men. Power dampening tech is great, and the Russians pulled off an ambush that made sense (even though one could argue Storm's atmospheric senses would have given them her location). I prefer to see some polished villain for this team like we see in X-Force. Their homework was done well so that their prep and tech allows for them be credible threats. Plus...I am not sold on the Hellfire kids. Just seeing them takes me back to the trainwreck of WatX under Aaron.

If we get another good issue like this the book will make it's way on to my pull list for sure. A solid 4.25/5 for me)

I'm in alignment with your points. it's very nice to see Lucas and Ororo team up and tge att is gorgeous. one of the minuses for me is also these threats. I want to see what exactly makes ororo an omega a d I've yet to see it with the exception of ororo doing that beautiful water bending in house of x.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    But this group wasn't out to kill. Their first shot was non-lethal...see a non-powered Bishop still alive.
    remember people were getting paid to kill a mutant . the Russians tech indirectly would have resulted in those mutants (most of which appeared to be children) being killed as they depowered would have had no way to defend themselves against the madripoor citizens looking to make money.