Page 371 of 613 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Gotta agree with you. GS: Fantomex wasn't perfect, but it was good, especially knowing that Storm will play a major role there and she will adventure in The World.

As always I loved this issue of Empyre: X-Men, I f*cking loved how Magic summoned all available psychics to Genosha, I wonder what her plan is, and seeing so many show up, it was really cool and intriguing. I am not too sure, but I think the fat guy at the left background is Shadow King, I am not sure who is the guy next to Kid Omega, but he looks really familiar.

Attachment 99460
    YES!!!!

That’s exactly why Empyre: X-Men is fat Better than the Event. I absolutely laughed and giggled in excitement watching these characters coming out to help. This was Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "neither does she" clearly indicates that Storm died in that moment and...we see a new Storm body being healed in/by the Acanti who was then projecting her thoughts to the X-Men.

Claremont's hyperbole was very problematic and muddled things up unnecessarily.
    If she was dead dead how did the acanti put her consciousness in a new body. Maybe i missed something about where the Acanti can pull souls from the afterlife because we know for a fact when storm almost died in Xtreme Xmen she went to see her parents when she was on the cusp of life and death and jean went after her to save her but found out she didn't need to and ororo wanted Jean to meet her parents.

If you heal a dead body it's still just a dead body in better shape.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-05-2020 at 02:44 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Something really important is happening with Storm at Fantomex guys! I recommend you check it out!

Giant-Size X-Men: Fantomex (2020) #1

Attachment 99457

She says she is about to die and the only way to heal herself is in the World...
    Her Ascension is coming!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and just a few others:

Not to derail but... Has Nezhno and N'Kano ever met?

Nope. I don't think they have. Has anyone used him since the Priest run?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If she was dead dead how did the acanti put her consciousness in a new body. Maybe i missed something about where the Acanti can pull souls from the afterlife because we know for a fact when storm almost died in Xtreme Xmen she went to see her parents when she was on the cusp of life and death and jean went after her to save her but found out she didn't need to and ororo wanted Jean to meet her parents.

If you heal a dead body it's still just a dead body in better shape.

Uncanny X-Men 166
    say she wasn't dead yet. The Acanti found her body floating in space just before she passed on.

Edit...

It should also be noted that a computer mention that because of her mutant physiology Storm can withstand the extremes of space for 30 seconds before it does her damage. (Uncanny X-Men 156)
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-05-2020 at 03:10 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Her Ascension is coming!
    God please, YES, PLEASE! Make her finally ascend and update those damn statistics of her.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Uncanny X-Men 166 say she wasn't dead yet. The Acanti found her body floating in space just before she passed on.

Edit...

It should also be noted that a computer mention that because of her mutant physiology Storm can withstand the extremes of space for 30 seconds before it does her damage.
    I think we are way far from that, Storm powers and she herself have evolved beyond most of us expected. Surviving Space, surviving death, surviving underwater pressure, breathing under water (which most likely means that she can breath also in space with electrolysis, and can create air and oxygen in space as well), and let me not start on her ascension as Goddess and her slowly accepting it, yet not wanting to lose herself.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You mean Exodus? In pink?
    Yeah, and I thought the blond chick is Emma, but she is Lady Mastermind clearly, no idea who she was until I read her man she is scary... and then I found out that all of those are questionable characters and villains, like 80% of them.

another storm friend on a different platform had mentioned it would be great to see her call out to Oshtur or Gaea for help instead of going to the world. had that been the premise I would have been going crazy. I never read any.of the Morrison stuff so maybe thats why I don't appreciate what I read today. but here's to hoping
    Yes, please! I really want to see some interaction between her and Gaya, yes, give me that. I want to see how they will interact, having in mind that their powers are literally the same with a few exceptions.

I thought Magik today was the mvp. I thought she had a really good showing and it was good to see one of the generals in action in the capacity that was earlier referenced back when Hickman revealed their positions.
    Yes, definitely loving her show-off, and what kind of power she has over Krakoa when it comes to War. If she summons all available psychics, then it means that there is War on-going and that is what it got me really, really excited for the next issue. Can't wait for it! 6 more days!

WHat you should be worried about. Magik summoned all the telepaths with questionable morals...lol
    She summoned all available psychics, she didn't know who will show up! But hell yeah, loved the use of her War Captain Title, as I pointed above! Give me more of that sh*t! It got me really excited for the next issue.

Uncanny X-Men 166
    say she wasn't dead yet. The Acanti found her body floating in space just before she passed on.

Edit...

It should also be noted that a computer mention that because of her mutant physiology Storm can withstand the extremes of space for 30 seconds before it does her damage. (Uncanny X-Men 156)
    Hmm I'm the real world a regular human could survive 15 seconds in space before losing oxegon and stuff and yet claremont's own narrative said storm was in colds that a regular human would die in seconds. But a computer says 30 seconds in space. Okay well I guess we all believe what we believe. Like butterflykyss I will rely on the body of evidence rather than cherry picking two or three lines. A computer also said storm had omega level potential but we now know she is in fact an omega. *Shrugs*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Dang, Storm got jobbed in Deadpool to a baby shark

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Indeed she did, but I think it was aimed more for the giggles than anything else.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yeah, and I thought the blond chick is Emma, but she is Lady Mastermind clearly, no idea who she was until I read her man she is scary... and then I found out that all of those are questionable characters and villains, like 80% of them.

Yes, please! I really want to see some interaction between her and Gaya, yes, give me that. I want to see how they will interact, having in mind that their powers are literally the same with a few exceptions.

Yes, definitely loving her show-off, and what kind of power she has over Krakoa when it comes to War. If she summons all available psychics, then it means that there is War on-going and that is what it got me really, really excited for the next issue. Can't wait for it! 6 more days!

She summoned all available psychics, she didn't know who will show up! But hell yeah, loved the use of her War Captain Title, as I pointed above! Give me more of that sh*t! It got me really excited for the next issue.
    agree to all of this!

Uncanny X-Men 166

Edit...

that computer needs to be updated. clearly it was off in its analysis.

but joking aside, Claremont seem to at times to very inconsistent with her abilities. one moment she is immune and can't feel cold the next she talking about being cold lol.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Not explicitly. I always thought this was a reflection of her body being regenerated in the Acanti/the general sense of ungroundedness she felt from all those weeks-months in space away from Earth/her internal disharmony over the killing of the Broodling/committing suicide(which most people don't seem to grasp about her galactic core feat; she let go after killing the Broodling to kill herself, in recompense for breaking her vow of no killing she made after she killed her would be rapists at age 12). So, while it's not directly followed up with, so to speak, it is connected to her powers going out of control in Japan a few issues later, which ended up burning a lot of her hair off, which was the impetus for her punk reinvention(as well as Yukio's, and to a certain extent, Callisto's, influence).

yes I thought it was explained her powers were going wonky due to her being away from the planet during the brood saga and her changing personality much of which started as a result of her resentment towards Xavier and joining the xmen. she was resisting this part of herself instead of embracing it leading to her inability to properly use her powers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

That was hilarious. All the facist stuff was a little over the top though especially since deadpool knows what mutants have gone through but i was able to chalk it up to he is just hurt.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

That was hilarious. All the facist stuff was a little over the top though especially since deadpool knows what mutants have gone through but i was able to chalk it up to he is just hurt.
    it was just a funny cute issue. that shark was adorable. it was funny too him calling them fascist as he proclaims to be king of Staten lol. just a mess.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Hmm I'm the real world a regular human could survive 15 seconds in space before losing oxegon and stuff and yet claremont's own narrative said storm was in colds that a regular human would die in seconds. But a computer says 30 seconds in space. Okay well I guess we all believe what we believe. Like butterflykyss I will rely on the body of evidence rather than cherry picking two or three lines. A computer also said storm had omega level potential but we now know she is in fact an omega. *Shrugs*
    My comments was more to clear up the whole if she was dead or not when the Acanti found her...she wasn't.

The 30 second part was more something I just found interesting. I would assume that without air, Storm a the time of that story would probably die. Claremont had barely touched her true power then.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-05-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.