Page 252 of 613 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 9190
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That whole Event was BS.

Storm would have been mutual, but since Marvel had her side with the X-Men honestly I would have expected no less. I don’t want the MCU to do a AVX movie because they are just trying to cause division amongst the fans. Nah, I don’t want it. No AVX
    I agree with this 100%
    Of all the Events to go with, they would choose AvX? Miss me with that shyt. No amount of re-writes and scripting could salvage that monumental rubbish. It wasn't worth the paper on which it was printed...it's not worth the film on which it will be filmed.

If MCU is seriously considering this...then they've already started off on the wrong foot.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

If they do go with AvX they'll have to make a lot of tweaks..that was built on years of stories, anything remotely near a faithful adaptation wouldn't work.
    Tweaks are what we want though loll and they're the mcu's specialty . What we get is at least gonna be watchable

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    If they do go with AvX they'll have to make a lot of tweaks..that was built on years of stories, anything remotely near a faithful adaptation wouldn't work. Tweaks are what we want though loll and they're the mcu's specialty . What we get is at least gonna be watchable
    Most of the films are not faithful adaptations. They take a premise and build a story around that. Look at Civil War which had very little in common with the comic story. You had Cap vs Iron Man for completely different reasons and the movie was actually better than the comic crossover. Same can happen with AvX. Avengers vs X-men is a very simple premise to grasp and there are any number of reasons for why the teams would be opposing each other

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree with this 100%
    Of all the Events to go with, they would choose AvX? Miss me with that shyt. No amount of re-writes and scripting could salvage that monumental rubbish. It wasn't worth the paper on which it was printed...it's not worth the film on which it will be filmed.

If MCU is seriously considering this...then they've already started off on the wrong foot.
    If they really wanted to do a AVX they can incorporate that in the Secret Wars Event. That way they can hit 2 Birds with 1 Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Most of the films are not faithful adaptations. They take a premise and build a story around that. Look at Civil War which had very little in common with the comic story. You had Cap vs Iron Man for completely different reasons and the movie was actually better than the comic crossover. Same can happen with AvX. Avengers vs X-men is a very simple premise to grasp and there are any number of reasons for why the teams would be opposing each other
    That is VERY true. But is it really called for???

Like I said to the user above. Put the battle between Avengers and X-Men in Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If they really wanted to do a AVX they can incorporate that in the Secret Wars Event. That way they can hit 2 Birds with 1 Stone.

That is VERY true. But is it really called for???

Like I said to the user above. Put the battle between Avengers and X-Men in Secret Wars.
    I think if Secret Wars is ever done it should be a much larger story in scope. Think what we got in IW and Endgame which was fair game to everyone in the MCU. AvX should be a smaller, more intimate story. JMO

The whole impetus for the event was the Phoenix coming to Earth to find a new compatible host. Now, if they just lead with that and create a whole new set of scenarios there after that does not include Stark being an incompetent ass, the X-Men being possessed, Wakanda being flooded, Cyclops killing Xavier, the Avengers being ****-heads...then probably.

If you are going to throw out the majority of plots (and Goddess knows they should) that came after the PF was discovered heading towards Earth then that's not "tweaking" that's re-writing...which quite frankly they should do. That event should never be referenced in any shape or form.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The goddess element should not be removed from her backstory. What could be interesting is if maybe a certain sect of Wakandans are revealed to be worshiping Ororo as a goddess and this is what makes T'Challa aware of her existence. They could dive into her magical ancestry and the Atlantean lineage that traces back directly to Adam and Eve, making her a potential rival or contender for the throne until T'Challa and Ororo fall in love with each other and marry to unite the people.
    Now this I actually like, and it works.

BANNED

The goddess element should not be removed from her backstory. What could be interesting is if maybe a certain sect of Wakandans are revealed to be worshiping Ororo as a goddess and this is what makes T'Challa aware of her existence. They could dive into her magical ancestry and the Atlantean lineage that traces back directly to Adam and Eve, making her a potential rival or contender for the throne until T'Challa and Ororo fall in love with each other and marry to unite the people.

Actually, that sounds like a bad retcon only because T'Challa and Ororo met for the first time in Marvel Team-Up #100 (1980) and the "Goddess" thing was mentioned in-story.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-05-2020 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Actually, that sounds like a bad retcon only because T'Challa and Ororo met for the first time in Marvel Team-Up #100 (1980) and the "Goddess" thing was mentioned in-story.
    I meant as a backstory for Storm when she's introduced into the MCU, not as a retcon for her comic 616-universe backstory. Her comic backstory is perfect and should not be altered in any shape or form. I hope we get something with the same depth in the movies and not just the street urchin part like in X-Men: Apocalypse.

BANNED

I meant as a backstory for Storm when she's introduced into the MCU, not as a retcon for her comic 616-universe backstory. Her comic backstory is perfect and should not be altered in any shape or form. I hope we get something with the same depth in the movies and not just the street urchin part like in X-Men: Apocalypse.
    Ah, a thousand pardons I misunderstood... I never put the MCU and Earth-616 in the same thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Ah, a thousand pardons I misunderstood... I never put the MCU and Earth-616 in the same thought process.
    That's all right, the discussion has been going on for a few pages so the one post taken out of context would likely sound like I was talking about retconning her 616 universe past and that's a total no-no lol.

Her back-story in-comic is indeed perfect, there is no need to change or tweak anything (that's why the FoX-Men was such a rabid clusterfek of bile and shittery...they couldn't, nor did they have the skill to, bring those stories to life.)
    What they need to do is find competent writers who can transcribe the essence of that story, and of the stories of all the X-Men they intend to introduce, from page to film.

Although, if they truly intend on giving us hero vs hero crap there may not be time and room to give each character their due focus...which is a shame. After FoX-Men, I think we really need to re-introduce these characters properly and definitively.
    Their first movie should be a cinematic retelling of Claremont's ANAD GSX-Men story with the cliff-hanger being the mutants' first interaction with the Avengers, ...leading into the second film...with the ultimate "showdown" in the third (if they absolutely insist).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-07-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Her back-story in-comic is indeed perfect, there is need to change or tweak anything (that's why the FoX-Men was such a rabid clusterfek of bile and shittery...they couldn't, nor did they have the skill to, bring those stories to life.)
    What they need to do is find competent writers who can transcribe the essence of that story, and of the stories of all the X-Men they intend to introduce, from page to film.

Although, if they truly intend on giving us hero vs hero crap there may not be time and room to give each character their due focus...which is a shame. After FoX-Men, I think we really need to re-introduce these characters properly and definitively.
    Their first movie should be a cinematic retelling of Claremont's ANAD GSX-Men story with the cliff-hanger being the mutants' first interaction with the Avengers, ...leading into the second film...with the ultimate "showdown" in the third (if they absolutely insist).
    What's worse is that FoX-Men didn't even care about wanting to bring those classic stories to life. I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason that they gave Ororo her street urchin in Cairo backstory was because they needed to quickly tie her in with Apocalypse so it suited their narrative. There's a reason the goddess element was overlooked because it meant nothing to them.

And another thing I hated was how she was constantly referred to as Storm, never Ororo. Like at the end of DOFP, when Logan tells Xavier to find "Scott, Jean, and Storm." It's so odd that he uses all their first names except for Ororo's. Jean had no codename so that can be excused but why use Scott over Cyclops but not use Ororo over Storm? It's like the name Ororo was too ethnic or difficult for them to bother to pronounce and/or they felt that because of their lackluster job in portraying her, nobody would realize who Ororo is. The moment she's impaled in DOFP is supposed to be a tragic moment because a longstanding character has been killed but thanks to FoX-Men, Storm is an afterthought so it's just like "oh that Halle Berry character finally died. Whatever."

My assumption if they ever do an AvX film is that it'll be something they build up to over multiple phases like they did with Thanos and the Infinity Stones, rather than jump to right after introducing the X-Men. I don't think they want to pull a Batman vs Superman fiasco. From the rumors that have been posted in these threads, it seems like they are going with a Giant-Size X-Men type of film as the X-Men's debut with Krakoa as the villain and a team pulled from that era.

My hope would be that they leave Black Panther/Wakanda and Avengers out of it, entirely...to focus solely on the X-Men.
    Claremont wrote cinematically...everything is there to transferred to script and film. How could they (Fox) **** it up so badly.
    Hopefully Disney will learn from their egregious mistakes.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-07-2020 at 05:16 AM.

My hope would be that they leave Black Panther/Wakanda and Avengers out of it, entirely...to focus solely on the X-Men.
    Claremont wrote cinematically...everything is there to transferred to script and film. How could they (Fox) **** it up so badly.
    Hopefully Disney will learn from their egregious mistakes.
    Tell me about it. The Dark Phoenix Movie thread popped back up and I forgot how much I hated that movie. Fox really did do an awful job a translate great stories to the cinematic world.