Page 189 of 613 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 9190
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    As to what Storm has to offer.

1)Perimer Superheroine.
    Who know maybe she'll be the Ms.Marvel of D+ (Not counting Wanda)
    2) She's a Princess
    You know how the Mouse eats that for breakfast, look at Shuri.
    3) Cross Franchise
    Tho theyre going to waste all of it on Wolverine and Deadpool.
    I think the Audience would be intrigued in a cross franchise relationship.
    Nothing to heavy no marriage, just something for the fans to ship .
    4) Free reign.
    Like we stated she has no real life or back story so all the more to creat something and no constriction no boundaries free to put their best forward. Could even relaunch her to new heights in media and In house Comics.
    5) She Black
    See how I saved that for last. Shouldn't be a factor but we all know it is.
    Good points. I think Black Widow is a great example of how, in the beginning, Disney never considered giving that character a solo film. I think that's pretty obvious. She was always meant to be a supporting character, checking off the kickass, bad girl trope box. Like, here you feminist, here's one of your own. Take that and like it. The thing with Black Widow, even though she's had solo comics, it was the films that made her mainstream. As a result, her character blew the hell up. IMO, the BW movie is total fan service for a beloved character Disney did not expect would have the kind of base that grew around the character and actress playing her.

My point is that Disney "gets it" now. Ten years ago, no movie with a female lead was even a thought, much less one with an African hero. I doubt there will be a Storm trilogy. I do think, however, Storm could be deliberately built up to have her own movie. There is more than enough source material for Storm to have her own movie out of the gate, although Disney would likely test the waters with the character first before giving her a solo.

And, check it, the actress who played Monica Rambeau's mother in Captain Marvel, is now the new Bond. I love that so much. I keep saying that could've been Disney breaking the mold with the first African American female hero with Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel. She carried that moniker before Danvers.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 04-06-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    HOW???

What does Storm have to offer that Disney would consider that? I am being 100% serious.

Because the folks in charge look at Coates dictatorship on Black Panther and look at the numbers-that only BENEFITS Panther. They are not picking up that book and seeing what is done with Storm.

What I have been YELLING in this forum that needs to be done? Storm has to stand on her own and have her own BLEEP. That is what the stock holders look at.

Because if I had to pitch a show or movie with a black female- Midnight Angels, Moon Girl, Riri Williams and Shuri say hi with leads in solos/minis. No to mention Monica and her mom in Cap marvel.

That is why Storm fans have to demand BETTER. Don't rely on Black panther's success for anything. Because it's not his job. Because if you do that, you are also allowing others failure to hold you back.

Remember Storm only got her solo BECAUSE of Ms Marvel. What if that book had failed?

Storm fans demand better. Demand an OGN by Coates. Demand something.
    I couldn't disagree more with your points here.

What does Storm have to offer? She would be the first black superheroine to have her own movie. As we saw with girl empowerment with WW/Captain Marvel and black empowerment with BP I imagine something similarly when you think of Black girl magic.

To Ororo being written by Coates, his works in black panther and how good he wrote her was why people were pushing for his solo for her to finally be released. People read his works, took note and wanted more of his Ororo.

Ororo can only do as much as her creators want to do with her. I always ask this but again I ask where would storm be if not for coates taking interest in the character? He have her a deeper connection to Harlem and her blackness, made her a goddess, made her beloved by the wakandan people again. Hesvmade her central to tchallas development and growth. Can the same be said if the xoffices?

And storm fans have demanded better and more. We've created petitions, written the creative teams, reached out to the writers on Twitter,etc. Coates in many ways has given us a lot of the things fans have wanted. Hes written her in a manner that is consistent to her mythos and created stories that has expanded her role within the MU.

I dont recall storm getting a book because ms. marvel. Daniel Ketchum was an editor who was open to her getting a solo. it has nothing to do with ms. marvel.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    As to what Storm has to offer.

1)Perimer Superheroine.
    Who know maybe she'll be the Ms.Marvel of D+ (Not counting Wanda)
    2) She's a Princess
    You know how the Mouse eats that for breakfast, look at Shuri.
    3) Cross Franchise
    Tho theyre going to waste all of it on Wolverine and Deadpool.
    I think the Audience would be intrigued in a cross franchise relationship.
    Nothing to heavy no marriage, just something for the fans to ship .
    4) Free reign.
    Like we stated she has no real life or back story so all the more to creat something and no constriction no boundaries free to put their best forward. Could even relaunch her to new heights in media and In house Comics.
    5) She Black
    See how I saved that for last. Shouldn't be a factor but we all know it is.

yes yes yes to all of this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Forgive me if I’m a bit late to the game with regard to this artist...

Since Black Panther, I’ve held Ruth Carter as the only/best hope for a killer visual adaptation of Ororo on the big screen. For even longer I’ve had a general distaste for Storm dressed in white.
    Artist Lucas Werneck just showed me the error of my ways. Wow.
    https://instagram.com/lukaswerneck?igshid=1lcmtubpl14dj

Overall his X designs become, understandably, repetitive since it’s a group look. But his Ororo is a standout. I’d seen his Jean Grey design getting attention but only recently found the rest of his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Forgive me if I’m a bit late to the game with regard to this artist...

Since Black Panther, I’ve held Ruth Carter as the only/best hope for a killer visual adaptation of Ororo on the big screen. For even longer I’ve had a general distaste for Storm dressed in white.
    Artist Lucas Werneck just showed me the error of my ways. Wow.

Overall his X designs become, understandably, repetitive since it’s a group look. But his Ororo is a standout. I’d seen his Jean Grey design getting attention but only recently found the rest of his work.
    I absolutely love that design. its glorious!!!

I couldn’t place the face upon which the artist based this Ororo at first but now I’m seeing FKA Twigs...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

I couldn’t place the face upon which the artist based this Ororo at first but now I’m seeing FKA Twigs...
    oh wow she does look a lot like the artwork.

All-New Member

FB_IMG_1586267872089.jpg

What issue is this?

Quote Originally Posted by marvinstorm View Post
    FB_IMG_1586267872089.jpg

What issue is this?
    It's from the original FF/X-Men crossover in the 80's. Not sure which one of four off the top of my head. That was a 'coincidental' lightning bolt(as was common during her 'depowered' phase).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

FB_IMG_1586267872089.jpg

What issue is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's from the original FF/X-Men crossover in the 80's. Not sure which one of four off the top of my head. That was a 'coincidental' lightning bolt(as was common during her 'depowered' phase).
    Fantastic Four vs X-Men #4 (1987)

FB_IMG_1586267872089.jpg

What issue is this?
    yea I love how quickly she hulk had a change of heart when that lightning cracked. miss hill wasnt ready lol

BANNED

Ororo was pulling looks in the 80's non stop

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Ororo was pulling looks in the 80's non stop
    right????

BANNED

it makes me cringe everytime ororo is drawn in fanart with some really basic/20 year old girl clothing.
    she has 2 extremes: realy realy rich hippie/boujie auntie in flowing dresses and tunics that are expensive as sin with head scarves + the spirit of grace johnes and naomi campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it makes me cringe everytime ororo is drawn in fanart with some really basic/20 year old girl clothing.
    she has 2 extremes: realy realy rich hippie/boujie auntie in flowing dresses and tunics that are expensive as sin with head scarves + the spirit of grace johnes and naomi campbell
    do you have any images of what you are talking about?