Page 462 of 613 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 9190
    BANNED

Apocalypse just killed 4 of his external kin to create the external gate with a speech about community as rictor rose up in power to combat 4 high lords, its likely he would be thrilled about said development

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BadBadBeans View Post
    Many thanks for the effort, T’Challa folks. I still don’t ship them, but at least your boy came through making things right, and I give him much credit for that. You guys came through for your boy.
    We get it buddy, you don't like tchalla because clearly judging by your pro pic we can tell who you "ship". The only reason why the relationship between tchalla and ro ended was because of corporate shenanigan's and ike perlmutter being a prick and also the whole fox thing. So the whole avx thing was staged, honestly if you ask me I don't see the point of the relationship between tchalla and ororo ending other than x men bullshizzle and drama for the sake of drama. I'm only invested in HiXMen for the ride and to see where it goes besides it's not like ya boy James Houlette hasn't smashed any other X chick on that team, Ro was just another one for the body count. I'm just super sayin, it's really not worth shaming tchalla for something thats been reconciled in 2016

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I wonder if it could have been presented better than just another "Storm summons a lightning bolt from the sky" scene, that for casual onlookers like me, requires previous context to understand how it's different from the other such scenes over the years.

So she got yet another power up on top of the allready big pile of power and qualities, which writers have added to her over the years (expert hand to hand fighter, skilled thief, can controll weather on earth, can controll weather in space, can controll weather in mystical dimensions, powerfull bloodline dating back to the first grand civilizations and now godhood and likely more i forgot at the moment)?
    I often get the impression said pile is the reason so few writers seem to know what to do with her anymore. That she has possibly become too large to write compellingly or interesting, so they don't even try anymore and just place her in backrounds as living tesla sphere.
    A great power fantasy admittedly, but perhaps unsuited for interesting plots that don't require a overpowered character to throw lightning at increasingly more powerfull other beings.

The more powerfull a character is the more they need to be defined by their personal issues and failings, but these seem to have written out of Storm over the years in an inverse to how her powers grew.

But that's just my outsider perspective. Wouldn't mind being wrong on it.
    Half those power ups are just her being able to do the same thing she can normally do when she’s not on Earth lol. And her becoming a goddess is directly linked to her bloodline, so this isn’t even a new power up, more an exploration of something that was always there but hardly explored. But I get the general sentiment that Storm is lacking in the deep characterization that actually fuels a character’s growth.

I think most people in this thread, as happy as they are about her newfound godhead, would also like there to be an exploration of her personality, goals for mutantkind, and relationships outside Wakanda. Increased power levels aren’t a substitute for character development and like you I’d like to see Storm make mistakes and triumph over her better demons while also dealing with her new roles on Krakoa as a leader (both political and spiritual).

The X-office is gearing up to tell a Storm-centric story of some sort after X of Swords so we’ll see if they’ll finally start giving her more to do than just throw lightning. At least with Black Panther the revelation of her godhood was tied to a personal arc of romance and acceptance of a foreign people, if she’s gonna continue that development under Hickman, I think it’s worth giving her a similarly intimate story. Magneto is arguably more powerful than Storm and he’s gotten great character moments since DOX so I see no reason why Storm, with all her power can’t get the same.

Fantastic Member

Fight: Storm vs Apocalypse

Who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    Fight: Storm vs Apocalypse

Who wins?
    She tanked his best shot and had him at her mercy in that Extraordinary run, but he was feeble, so, not a great showing. If you compare their highest levels, she has a good chance. Apocalypse tends to be more bark than bite. He does all the speeches and political positioning, but when it comes down to it, Magneto just ripped him in half in AoA, his daughter just ran him through(cheap shot, but it worked). Storm has the firepower to do the same or worse.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    She meant it in an endearing way. T’Challa plays his cards close to his chest and it’s a quality that she finds attractive and valuable when in the field or dealing with an enemy behind the scenes. Doesn’t mean he can’t go overboard, but in moderation T’Challa’s poker face is something I could see a person in touch with their emotions (like Ororo) liking. He wanted her to realize her own divinity, her getting told all the answers from the get go would’ve been less fulfilling for Storm. It’s basic storytelling.

T’Challa apologized for divorcing Ororo and made it clear their divorce was a failing on his part to accept all of her, as the scans butterflykyss show. He even said at one point that he was lonely and wanted to “cage her” in his kingly lifestyle but that he had to accept she was a free being. Storm for her part has recognized that the throne she once bore and the obligations she once grew unsteady with were worth it.

That Wakanda was something special to a man she loved and was thus something she had to accept and embrace. She reconciled within herself that Wakandans had the potential to change and love and accept her in totality (even when they refused to do so for their king), allowing her to embrace her own heritage and grew as a person. She is a hero and realizes she must be that for ALL people.

So the relationship has evolved into one more sustainable even if it’s unlikely to last. They’ve accepted each other as they are, not trying to force labels on one another to meet the expectations others have set for them or they’ve set for themselves. I dislike some of the stuff that had to happen to get to that point but I do think Coates “fixed” the relationship and made it more fleshed out. If they had to stay together, I would’ve liked to see more actual dating stuff like dinners and stuff but it’s action comics and T’Challa was in space so there wasn’t time for that.
    Excellent response.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    We get it buddy, you don't like tchalla because clearly judging by your pro pic we can tell who you "ship". The only reason why the relationship between tchalla and ro ended was because of corporate shenanigan's and ike perlmutter being a prick and also the whole fox thing. So the whole avx thing was staged, honestly if you ask me I don't see the point of the relationship between tchalla and ororo ending other than x men bullshizzle and drama for the sake of drama. I'm only invested in HiXMen for the ride and to see where it goes besides it's not like ya boy James Houlette hasn't smashed any other X chick on that team, Ro was just another one for the body count. I'm just super sayin, it's really not worth shaming tchalla for something thats been reconciled in 2016
    Yes, to all of this. Coates, IMO, pulled together a bunch of mischaracterization and forced drama between Ororo and T'Challa and created a storyline where they struggled with, recognized and then came to terms with their "issues." Basically naming and claiming what happened before and then deciding they wanted to move forward together. He had them actually acting like capable adults, which wasn't how they were portrayed in events leading up to and after their divorce. Anyone who actually read Coates's take on their relationship, beginning with the BP and the Crew would see his slow progression of their reconciliation. He didn't show everything. There was a time jump but he showed enough where readers knew they had been working on their relationship and that it was T'Challa who initiated things with Ororo first through friendship and then more.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadBadBeans View Post
    Many thanks for the effort, T’Challa folks. I still don’t ship them, but at least your boy came through making things right, and I give him much credit for that. You guys came through for your boy.
    Thank you. I have a question for you? From your avatar it would appear you ship Ororo with Logan but why? Logan romantically throughout the years has shown Ororo that she would never be his number one in his life.

Canonically he only has three real loves and that doesn't include storm:

When Jean comes back from the "dead" during the inferno era Logan gets a whiff of her and he blindly and instinctively responds by hitting Ororo, again displaying a lack of concern for ororo relative to Jean:

After Jean is out of the picture Logan would finally give her a try but it didn't start as a love where he respected her. She was just a lay for him:

Part 1
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

After hooking up, these two would continue to be f buddies for one another; however, as soon as Logan found a woman he truly wanted to be with left Ororo to be with his hearts desire:

It was only when he was knocking on death's door that he entertained ororo on a romantic level after not having any commitment and after putting countless women in front of her. He even apologizes for not seeing her due to jean:

He eventually dies and his life as well as his true loves flash before his eyes and guess who isn't there:

So my question again is why would you ship for a man who saw her mostly as a booty call who also preferred countless women over Ororo?

Part 2
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-26-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Maybe Logan should apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Maybe Logan should apologize.
    lolol right. but to be fair he did apologize for not seeing her due to jean. what kinda low self esteem no value in one's self mess is that? ororo aint desperate she don't need no trash dude like logan.

BANNED

This thread is so messy at times I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    This thread is so messy at times I love it.
    baby you know we live for the mess here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I wonder if it could have been presented better than just another "Storm summons a lightning bolt from the sky" scene, that for casual onlookers like me, requires previous context to understand how it's different from the other such scenes over the years.

So she got yet another power up on top of the allready big pile of power and qualities, which writers have added to her over the years (expert hand to hand fighter, skilled thief, can controll weather on earth, can controll weather in space, can controll weather in mystical dimensions, powerfull bloodline dating back to the first grand civilizations and now godhood and likely more i forgot at the moment)?
    I often get the impression said pile is the reason so few writers seem to know what to do with her anymore. That she has possibly become too large to write compellingly or interesting, so they don't even try anymore and just place her in backrounds as living tesla sphere.
    A great power fantasy admittedly, but perhaps unsuited for interesting plots that don't require a overpowered character to throw lightning at increasingly more powerfull other beings.

The more powerfull a character is the more they need to be defined by their personal issues and failings, but these seem to have written out of Storm over the years in an inverse to how her powers grew.

But that's just my outsider perspective. Wouldn't mind being wrong on it.
    Well I don't know if I would categorize that particular showing as lightning. It was a divine energy blast powered by the faith of the Wakandans. The primary difference between this and other attacks is natural (her regular abilities) versus spiritual/divine (goddess abilities). When adversary was attacking Wakandan with unnatural storms Ororo's baseline mutant anilities had no effect on them. It wasn't until she tapped into her divine powers was she able to remove the storms plaguing Wakanda. Moreover, natural attacks cannot stop Adversary. He can only be taken out by mystical/spiritual means. This is where Ororo's abilities come in to play and allow the heroes a victory. Every attack they made against Adversary prior to Ororo attack was not working.

To her abilities, yes she is an omega-level mutant goddess but Ororo rarely goes all out as she doesn't want to cause irreparable damage to the environment or potentially kill as she values like. Her self imposed limits are what keeps her from being too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol right. but to be fair he did apologize for not seeing her due to jean. what kinda low self esteem no value in one's self mess is that? ororo aint desperate she don't need no trash dude like logan.
    Logan: Sorry 'Ro darlin' but Jean is back. I know, I know I promised to stick around this time but c'mon bae, it's Jean. Brown sugar is sweet an' all but I need that Red Pepper! But if she ever leaves me again, you know I'll stop by to get a li'l somethin' until she gets back. And don't go running back to that BBC while I'm with Jean either.You belong here with us!

Was that the apology?