Page 443 of 613 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453493543 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 9190

This issue essentially validated the Giant Size series as a whole, which had been rather lumbering and disjointed. Long after Hickman's run is over, and you can read it in its entirety, this series will be important(that TO virus being is foreboding). That said, it's clear that Hickman just isn't that into Ororo, even if this issue is well constructed. It is also clear that Dauterman loves her deeply, and as an artist showcase, this was a masterpiece.

I did enjoy the issue overall, particularly with smarty pants Monet coming up with the plan, but even with the esoteric feat(controlling the artificial World environment), Ororo was the least interesting character in it. As I suspected from his past work, he just doesn't really like her vibe. I'll give him some credit for being professional enough to recognize her importance to the franchise and do what he can to fold her in, but it is what it is.

I still look forward to XoS's world building. Hickman is a great writer, even if he's not really a Storm fan.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Probably best Storm panel

Is she talking to us the audience in this panel?
    Something about the way Ororo's words are phrased reminds me of the way she was speaking in the Shuri miniseries, when her Godhead was activated by cave mushrooms (or something like that). Anyone else notice that or am I trippin'?

Also, best panel ever!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The tornadoes looked different but if if you also look on the previous page the wind was dark and starting to gather around her, she was controlling the actual environment The swirl in the sky is the wind rising up.
    she says on the panel that:

the environment in this world is very malleable and the small machines are vulnerable to this manipulation.

she is using the machines directly manipulating them to create wind as stated from her own mouth.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Got off work at 6. Went to three comic bookstore called four other sold out everywhere. Found one across town the last one. Yes. Got the orange cover. And found my elusive bliiy cranston blue ranger funko pop, brought that too, so life's good right now. Omw home to read. I'll drop my comments in few

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That she has been operating weakened.
    Got you. I thought you had made a connection to something else with Storm in another comic.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Got off work at 6. Went to three comic bookstore called four other sold out everywhere. Found one across town the last one. Yes. Got the orange cover. And found my elusive bliiy cranston blue ranger funko pop, brought that too, so life's good right now. Omw home to read. I'll drop my comments in few
    Glad you got a copy. I had to cut out the stress, a while back, of getting physical comics. Now, I simply buy online. I had mine on my Kindle app right after it dropped EST. I'm too impatient to do what you did today.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Is she talking to us the audience in this panel?
    Something about the way Ororo's words are phrased reminds me of the way she was speaking in the Shuri miniseries, when her Godhead was activated by cave mushrooms (or something like that). Anyone else notice that or am I trippin'?

Also, best panel ever!
    it definitely reminded me of this panel:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BK, tell me this. Did Hickman pull Storm being a goddess out of his ass? I mean, has he, in anything he's written ever referred to her as a goddess? That's straight from Coates but without the BP credit or reference.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it definitely reminded me of this panel:

See. yes. I just asked you a question in another post. I did not see this one first.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    BK, tell me this. Did Hickman pull Storm being a goddess out of his ass? I mean, has he, in anything he's written ever referred to her as a goddess? That's straight from Coates but without the BP credit or reference.
    I totally see it as a referemce to Coates BP the placement and order of "mutant," "no," and then "goddess" was a dead giveaway for me. And outside of this reference I do not recall hickman ever referring to her as a goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    See. yes. I just asked you a question in another post. I did not see this one first.
    no worries beloved!!! this was the first thing I thought of when I read that line.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

An all around wonderful issue, and it warms my heart to see Monet come up with and carry out the plans to save Storm. I'm living for two incredibly smart, powerful, and black women being given a platform for their excellence. Storm under Hickman has been solid and he at least has concrete plans for her and I can't wait to see where it leads.

Oh and everyone else was nice too...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This issue essentially validated the Giant Size series as a whole, which had been rather lumbering and disjointed. Long after Hickman's run is over, and you can read it in its entirety, this series will be important(that TO virus being is foreboding). That said, it's clear that Hickman just isn't that into Ororo, even if this issue is well constructed. It is also clear that Dauterman loves her deeply, and as an artist showcase, this was a masterpiece.

I did enjoy the issue overall, particularly with smarty pants Monet coming up with the plan, but even with the esoteric feat(controlling the artificial World environment), Ororo was the least interesting character in it. As I suspected from his past work, he just doesn't really like her vibe. I'll give him some credit for being professional enough to recognize her importance to the franchise and do what he can to fold her in, but it is what it is.

I still look forward to XoS's world building. Hickman is a great writer, even if he's not really a Storm fan.
    Yea Hickman has a particular profile of character that he seems to really be into and Storm just doesn't fit the mold all that well. He's amazing with characters that are stoic and while Storm is that, it's more in the serene Earth Mother way than the alpha "this is beneath me" vibe of Namor or Apocalypse.

His favorites tend to be arrogant and though Storm knows her worth as a mutant leader and goddess, she doesn't parade around her superiority like Magneto or Emma. She has a few good put me downs but she's not putting out disses like Monet or villainous monologues like Apocalypse.

I think there are elements to her that he likes such as her absurd power and the weight she carries among mutantkind, but overall I think he's more interested in characters that tend toward anti-heroism and fuckery, and Storm hasn't been that way in a long time. That said, he obviously respects the character and he seems more than willing to let creators like Vita and Gerry do great things with her and integrate their ideas.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-16-2020 at 05:55 PM.

she says on the panel that:

the environment in this world is very malleable and the small machines are vulnerable to this manipulation.

she is using the machines directly manipulating them to create wind as stated from her own mouth.
    Exactly. The big thing for me is that storm took this planet's environment which being an artificial world was made out of machinery and controlled the primal forces that made up this environment, machinery, and altered it into what would be this world's equivalency of wind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I totally see it as a referemce to Coates BP the placement and order of "mutant," "no," and then "goddess" was a dead giveaway for me. And outside of this reference I do not recall hickman ever referring to her as a goddess.
    Right. I find it funny that Hickman can use this development of Ororo in BP to his benefit but not once, as far as I know, acknowledge her relationship. Smh.