Page 251 of 613 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 9190
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh..."early stages" "brainstorming" does not interest me, in the least. While I understand the nature of these "reports" is to get the hype/discussion train rolling...I'll let my interest be piqued when the news is more conclusive.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The goddess element should not be removed from her backstory. What could be interesting is if maybe a certain sect of Wakandans are revealed to be worshiping Ororo as a goddess and this is what makes T'Challa aware of her existence. They could dive into her magical ancestry and the Atlantean lineage that traces back directly to Adam and Eve, making her a potential rival or contender for the throne until T'Challa and Ororo fall in love with each other and marry to unite the people.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Yes I don’t know how true these allegations are ive heard numerous people confirm it from a “reliable source” saying this is the direction they wanna take with Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Sunfire, Nightcrawler, Havok being the starting lineup. I’ll post the video for you guys to see
    If this is real, I think I could be okay with this. However, what I think is very important is that Cyclops start off as the X-Men leader and then it becomes obvious that he is flawed and not the right person for the job. Storm needs to take over and be considered the greater leader for the X-Men and mutantkind. That would be a very powerful image if the MCU presented that the white guy who always automatically leads the team is taken from power and a black woman is in fact the better choice. The MCU hasn't really had any female leaders so far anyway (it's always a Chris like Chris Pine or Chris Pratt) so the X-Men, the supposedly most diverse team, needs a diverse leader for this era. As the most prominent female leader in comics, no one is better equipped for this major role in the MCU than Storm and this can make her a leading heroine again like she used to be.

BANNED

From what I heard Storm is going to be very important in BP2 and in the X-Men.

It seems Marvel wants to the AVX using Storm and Black Panther. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    From what I heard Storm is going to be very important in BP2 and in the X-Men.

It seems Marvel wants to the AVX using Storm and Black Panther. -_-
    I'd be all for that although in the comic event, I always thought Storm should have joined Wolverine and Beast and joined the Avengers side from the get-go. I thought that was going to happen because her loyalties were with them in Schism and Marvel strangely had her join the Avengers just right before AvX so I naturally assumed it was because she was going to side with the Avengers. Instead, she barely had a role in the event besides getting her marriage annulled.

I don't think they'll marry. I'm pretty sure it'll be a very flirtatious relationship. Lost of chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I'd be all for that although in the comic event, I always thought Storm should have joined Wolverine and Beast and joined the Avengers side from the get-go. I thought that was going to happen because her loyalties were with them in Schism and Marvel strangely had her join the Avengers just right before AvX so I naturally assumed it was because she was going to side with the Avengers. Instead, she barely had a role in the event besides getting her marriage annulled.
    AvX did a lot of characters dirty in terms of their characterization/portrayals; and this is especially so for Storm and T'Challa. Then afterwards Marvel had the Uncanny Avengers/Unity Squad which was a mix of Avengers and X-men/mutants, and neither Storm nor T'Challa were members. The whole concept was jarring to me since Storm and T'Challa would have been perfect for that team.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I hope they don't cast another biracial girl as Storm. We need a brown skinned woman whether dark brown or light brown but definitely not a Beyonce or Halle colored chick. And we need her with BLUE EYES for once smh

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    AvX did a lot of characters dirty in terms of their characterization/portrayals; and this is especially so for Storm and T'Challa. Then afterwards Marvel had the Uncanny Avengers/Unity Squad which was a mix of Avengers and X-men/mutants, and neither Storm nor T'Challa were members. The whole concept was jarring to me since Storm and T'Challa would have been perfect for that team.
    I dont think it would have made sense to have them on there considering their marriage had just ended

BANNED

rememder really seemed like he wanted to mess up the concept of mutants to exonerate wanda
    He started off with the M word speech, then tried to make a point about why mutants need be born at all
    Then when we had the Kitty pryde jewish thing, he deflated that example too with a comparison to how romanis have a culture while mutants don't so they don't have an ethnicity with rogue left with no answers.

Kinda fucked up, especially since he told people who didn't like the M word speech to drown in hobo piss.

Ororo would have been one of the prime choices for an Avengers Unity Squad but sadly Marvel never really wanted to do anything with Storm in the Avengers besides the initial promotion of her joining the team. I don't think T'Challa would have been a good fit for the team though. As pointed out, after AvX, he had major enmity with both Namor and Ororo, two mutants, and I couldn't see him working alongside Ororo nor do I think she would want to work with him after he so callously annulled their marriage. Although I do understand his point because in my eyes, Ororo joining the Avengers side should have been a given considering T'Challa, Logan, and Hank were on there and she had herself just joined the Avengers and had little sympathy with Scott and his cabal of villains. This is what happens when Marvel gives up on the character and doesn't give a damn about her motivations. She was just wallpaper in the X-Books to them.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I hope they don't cast another biracial girl as Storm. We need a brown skinned woman whether dark brown or light brown but definitely not a Beyonce or Halle colored chick. And we need her with BLUE EYES for once smh
    I mostly agree with this. However, I don't want a light skinned Ororo. She should be dark skinned or medium but definitely not light brown. And YES, blue eyes finally. That is such a distinguishing feature of hers, alongside her white hair, but the films have always ignored that. And none of those ghastly wigs that Halle Berry used to wear.

I've always liked Naomie Harris as an actress and feel she is grossly underrated and would be interested to see her as Ororo. She's already played an elemental goddess as Tia Dalma before in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

I like Gugu Mbatha-Raw a lot as an actress but this is a case where I would say that she is too light skinned for the role.

Is anyone here familiar with Aja Naomi King from How to Get Away With Murder? She is super talented, has worked with the queen Viola Davis herself (and also Kerry Washington), and has the look I could see Ororo with.

love love love ANK . Same with Naomie Harris. I think they'd both have great, different takes on Storm - Naomie in particular I can see giving her a wicked edge too many adaptations miss

I don't think we'll ever see Naomie's Storm though... I feel they'll want to cast younger to maximize franchise potential which is good in that we'll see new blood. But we'll miss out on what more experienced performers could bring to the table. Double edged sword
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 06-04-2020 at 10:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    That whole Event was BS.

Storm would have been mutual, but since Marvel had her side with the X-Men honestly I would have expected no less. I don’t want the MCU to do a AVX movie because they are just trying to cause division amongst the fans. Nah, I don’t want it. No AVX

The reason they won't let her leave is because Storm is The Black person on the team. If they were to lose her they have no representation . Which why she will always be an XMAN which is why she will always side with the xmen.

The xbooks have done nothing for the other black
    character.
    Bishop the second longest running black got villainous.
    They just frikin created Gentle and Ide . Prodigy ditch us.
    forYA. Low-key has there been a full fledge black on NM.
    Heck was full fledge black in Xfactor or Xforce.
    Not counting our biracial (no offense)
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 06-05-2020 at 09:33 AM.