Page 529 of 613 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 9190

From 2016 when i was playing with Storm designs. I still like this one.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I LOVELOVELOVE this design.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Very nice jwat!!!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Great work!

Sunday STORM Service

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Sunday STORM Service

Really love this, but it would be so hard for other artist to get it right. Sometimes simple designs are better.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Lovely. Would be even better with a cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Sunday STORM Service

Amazing drawing and outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Amazing drawing and outfit!
    Agreed! This is my favorite too!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I like a bunch of things about Storm, she's visually striking, got a nearly unrivaled tenacity, and is insanely kind. I like little aspects like her love and respect of nature (especially gardens) and her badass backstory coupled with skills like thievery and dagger use. She's just a really interesting character with multiple layers as an ambassador for mutantkind while also being that girl from the streets of Cairo. She's worn a lot of hats and when written well it shows.

I don't like that she often gets reduced to the aloof Earth Mother or Den Mother archetype. It's often used as an artificial means to give her importance in-universe, while sidelining her in the narrative of the actual story. I dislike when writers buy into her hype too much and give her a flat personality with little of the street urchin wit that makes her a fun character. I'm also not a fan of her being reduced to just using lightning in combat.

While I'm sure you've heard this for multiple characters like Gambit and Wolverine (I lurk on those threads as I like those characters a lot too lol), I think Storm needs to spread her wings to other parts of the MU. As I said before, she's an ambassador for mutantkind but her experiences in that role and underused aspects of her lore more than justify her carving out her own niche in the MU while still being an X-Men. As far as hypothetical stories I'd like to see, I'd be down for stories where Storm leans into her mystical roots and go full afrofantasy, exploring the ties between her X-gene and the Elder God Oshtur and the legacy of the windriders.

Spend a bit more time away from the X-Men going on spirit quests, using her intimate connection to white magic to shut down dark cults, using her thieving skills to recover relics of her tribe's lost kingdom, uncovering other mutants/aliens that have been blessed by elder gods, etc. Something mind bending and epic with the feel of Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider, turning her into a warrior/priestess/pure adventurer. I'd like to see her mentorship to Gentle explored as well and to see her finally build her own mutant dynasty. Her relationship with Gentle has a lot of potential because you rarely see female comic characters with male proteges. His connections to Wakanda are also valuable (and since this is fanfiction I'd be down for her romance w/ T'Challa being used as well). Their contrasting powersets and personalities make it so we get to see Storm problem solve and figure out the best ways for Gentle to evolve as she coaxes him out his shell. Similar to how she had to when she first joined the X-Men, with Gentle's powers eventually evolving into something along the lines of Midoriya from My Hero Academia.

I'd like to see an aged up version of Spyke as Storm's cousin with the ability to decay things and control fungi as well as a magic using ancestor from the past. In terms of when she's with the X-Men and not on solo adventures or working alongside the wider MU, I'd like her to continue being influential but not necessarily THE commander. She can co-lead a secondary team with a close friend like Jean, who's friendship with Ororo I think should continue being fleshed out. X-Force is too dark for them but maybe something along the lines of X-Men Red or X-Treme X-Men. Mutant ambassadors who spend more time among humans and deal with coordinating mutant support programs and diplomacy. Maybe a new Uncanny Avengers works better, anything that focuses on Storm representing her people but also trying to build bridges with humanity.
    Ding Ding effin gat damn Diiiiiiiing!!!!

This right here encapsulate everything Storm can and should be but is denied.

I would add ....exploring relations with ALL her biological extended family not just only her maternal mystic roots.

BP found Storm's paternal family relatives and introduced her to them.

Frankly, it's sad that it has taken all this time for y'all to feel the pain of strangulation placed on Storm as a character.

Many of you were so desperate that you PRAISED Storm being the *#@k-puppet of Wolverine....how was that ever a good idea? IT WASN'T!!! ...But that's what y'all wanted!

BP did a lot for Storm.....no help or contribution from the X-Men side not 1 bit other than throwing shade and ridicule repeatedly. BP side never retaliated not once, ever!

Y'all DEMANDED she return to X-Men and end the marriage....well, here we are back to being the semi- wall paper mother hen taking orders from Emma and Kitty and probably on stand-by for another random meaningless empty sex romp for whichever random X-Men.

Frankly, I think if "storm fans" used the same collosal Titanic amount of devoted vitriol and demands on the X-editors/writers the same way they/"storm fans" did against BP back in the day.....I am fairly certain Storm would be in a much more prominent leading status today.

Anyhow, what the hell do I know?

May be the majority of the storm fans enjoy the status-quo.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

I would add ....exploring relations with ALL her biological extended family not just only her maternal mystic roots.

Frankly, it's sad that it has taken all this time for y'all to feel the pain of strangulation placed on Storm as a character.

Many of you were so desperate that you PRAISED Storm being the *#@k-puppet of Wolverine....how was that ever a good idea? IT WASN'T!!! ...But that's what y'all wanted!

BP did a lot for Storm.....no help or contribution from the X-Men side not 1 bit other than throwing shade and ridicule repeatedly. BP side never retaliated not once, ever!

Y'all DEMANDED she return to X-Men and end the marriage....well, here we are back to being the semi- wall paper mother hen taking orders from Emma and Kitty and probably on stand-by for another random meaningless empty sex romp for whichever random X-Men.

Frankly, I think if "storm fans" used the same collosal Titanic amount of devoted vitriol and demands on the X-editors/writers the same way they/"storm fans" did against BP back in the day.....I am fairly certain Storm would be in a much more prominent leading status today.

Sadly this is true as it relates to the status quo. Its nothing interesting or new with the character as I've seen, and the franchise that looked to elevate her beyond the status quo unceremoniously cut that aspect from her storyline. the xmen seriously have done nothing but tell regressive stories and that is very much supported seeing the recent cover of her versus callisto. just a hot mess. history is repeating itself.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Thanks for all the comments. Been cleaning up pc and found a few more i uploaded. I have like 100s of Storm and X-men sketches i've never shared. lol.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

2018 must have been a real good x year for me. lol

i tend not to use reference so things change a bit based on how i see them in my head. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

you are very talented!

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

I’d always advocate for better treatment and visibility for Storm but parts of your post is ridiculous (a little slut shame-ish) and ignores context with respect to why some Storm fans justifiably didn’t/still aren’t interested in a BP relationship/connection. And there were and still are plenty of BP fans throwing their own shade so...*shrugs*