Page 207 of 613 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    The article's point is that the re-conned exists to support their union, which doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter that is was later re-conned, or that the mini was trash. It's still cannon and it still exist so it's a valid point to bring up in the article.

I do agree it was trash, but the scans you posted don't undo it.

I'm simply pointing out that story was later retconned back to the original telling so by definition that would make dickey story non-canon. two different origin stories cant exist in the same space.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

10. It didnt make sense to haters but I got it. I loved them as a couple and it worked for me
    9. She wasnt the X-men leader when she left. This was the time when Cyclops rose in prominence to be the overall leader of the teams
    8. I didnt like it but she's human. I find them to be more of a brother/sister relationship
    7. Storm has no qualms with killing when necesary. She doesnt promote it in the kids but would support them defending themselves if need be. She didnt join Scott bc she agreed with him but rather to help keep him in line
    6. They criticize her for leaving the X-men and not being there for mutantkind and criticize her for when she chooses mutantkind? Stupid. It wouldnt have made sense for Storm to side with the Avengers here
    5. No it made sense that she felt bad. What didnt make sense was for being depressed for so long after it. IvX shouldnt have kept her down for as long as it did
    4. Storm at least in the beginning had a natural immunity to temperature changes. Its laughable to say her clothing made no sense bc it would have been too cold for her
    3. We complaining about hair now? Women go through different styles. Deal with it
    2. Not marrying Forge was one of the best decisions she made. He treated her like crap when she declined which proved her point
    1. Again women change their hair. The punk look lasted for a long time and she outgrew it

BANNED

I'm seeing more Storm fans react to this so I guess i'll put my 2 cents in. Wasn't going to, but alright.

10. The Marriage to me felt forced and not needed. Also, a bit of a Cliche IMO.
    9. Fair Enough. But at the same time she had other obligations and besides it's not like the Entire Mutant Nation needed Storm. They had Scott and Emma holding the fort.
    8. Yeah, I agree here.
    7. Fair Point, but Storm isn't opposed to making harsh Decisions. If it came to it Storm could have done the same thing...who knows.
    6. Technically, the Avengers waged war on the X-Men. I guess CBR wants Storm to turn her back on her Family then.
    5. I agree 100%
    4. Ok, this is pretty dumb. Storm is practically Naked in this costume and secondly, she can manipulate Heat.....i'm not sure what's the problem here.
    3. Storm always had "Big Hair" CBR......it's never bothered her then...why now?
    2. This was Jean Grey's Fault she meddled into something that she shouldn't have.
    1. Well, we can't have Storm running around looking like a Man forever. I like the Punk Rock too, but things change. That's why it's called a "Phase" lol.

Whoever wrote that article, if they did their research they'd know she was immune to variations in temperature from her debut. I'm certain that "she gets cold when its hot" garbage only came about when Scott Lobdell wrote X-men Unlimited
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    10. It didnt make sense to haters but I got it. I loved them as a couple and it worked for me
    9. She wasnt the X-men leader when she left. This was the time when Cyclops rose in prominence to be the overall leader of the teams
    8. I didnt like it but she's human. I find them to be more of a brother/sister relationship
    7. Storm has no qualms with killing when necesary. She doesnt promote it in the kids but would support them defending themselves if need be. She didnt join Scott bc she agreed with him but rather to help keep him in line
    6. They criticize her for leaving the X-men and not being there for mutantkind and criticize her for when she chooses mutantkind? Stupid. It wouldnt have made sense for Storm to side with the Avengers here
    5. No it made sense that she felt bad. What didnt make sense was for being depressed for so long after it. IvX shouldnt have kept her down for as long as it did
    4. Storm at least in the beginning had a natural immunity to temperature changes. Its laughable to say her clothing made no sense bc it would have been too cold for her
    3. We complaining about hair now? Women go through different styles. Deal with it
    2. Not marrying Forge was one of the best decisions she made. He treated her like crap when she declined which proved her point
    1. Again women change their hair. The punk look lasted for a long time and she outgrew it
    I agree with most of your points here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Whoever wrote that article, if they did their research they'd know she was immune to variations in temperature from her debut. I'm certain that "she gets cold when its hot" garbage only came about when Scott Lobdell wrote X-men Unlimited
    yes yes and yes. i feel like many of the writers who came after Claremont felt he wrote her as too powerful. instead of writing her in a manner consistent to his working they started to write her in a fashion that made sense to them. hence the many poor depictions of her power such as she needs weather or she cant use her powers in space.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    These CBR articles all tend to be pretty awful. Honestly, I always feel they are written by someone who lacks proper knowledge of the topic and/or is incredibly biased. Someone used the word "trash" earlier, and I agree.

Storm didn't refuse to marry Forge. She just told him she needed to think about it. When Forge asked Jean to tell him what Ororo was thinking, she totally botched the situation and got Forge heated. Ororo was going to say yes, but Forge freaked out and went off on her and left with Mystique before she could say so. It was a horrible moment. I'll never forgive Forge for that. And his whack ass still be trying to mack on her.

Dismissed!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I have that book in question. She did say yes after he had walked away from her.

After he chewed her a new behind and compared her to Kitty & Jubliee. He did not give her time to think about it.

Issue of reference Uncanny X-Men 290. Storm is on the cover.

Extraordinary Member

Controversial question. Are there any fans of AoA Storm?

While it made sense that Rogue became the head lady in charge by virtue of now being team mom with hubby Magneto. Storm wasn’t a leader at all. Though she seemed close to Quicksilver of all people, the “prince” to Magneto’s “king” and Rogue’s “queen.”

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Controversial question. Are there any fans of AoA Storm?

While it made sense that Rogue became the head lady in charge by virtue of now being team mom with hubby Magneto. Storm wasn’t a leader at all. Though she seemed close to Quicksilver of all people, the “prince” to Magneto’s “king” and Rogue’s “queen.”
    Not really. Her look was interesting but everything else was boring. She had one cool moment when she created an EMP but nothing note worthy after that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I have that book in question. She did say yes after he had walked away from her.

After he chewed her a new behind and compared her to Kitty & Jubliee. He did not give her time to think about it.

Issue of reference Uncanny X-Men 290. Storm is on the cover.
    You are right and that makes matters worse. Forge was such a punk

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm didn't refuse to marry Forge. She just told him she needed to think about it. When Forge asked Jean to tell him what Ororo was thinking, she totally botched the situation and got Forge heated. Ororo was going to say yes, but Forge freaked out and went off on her and left with Mystique before she could say so. It was a horrible moment. I'll never forgive Forge for that. And his whack ass still be trying to mack on her.

Dismissed!

Straight out of a soap opera! Thank goodness she got out of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Straight out of a soap opera! Thank goodness she got out of that!
    Storm has the absolute worse track record with men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm has the absolute worse track record with men.
    Adult Cable was good to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Adult Cable was good to her.
    And she friendzoned him!