Page 297 of 613 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 9190
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    is that Katie Mcgrath? If so, Loved her in Merlin.
    Yep. Morgana was it even though i loved Merlin more

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    This woman plays the best villains.
    she looks familiar but I csnt place where I've seen her.

They all have their own place in the Marvel universe. The cosmic beings seem to be the frame work of the multi-verse, where logic and structure rule. While magic seems to be an unchecked force that doesn't follow the natural laws of the multi-verse.
    so you are saying magic and divinity are the same? I thought those were different too??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she looks familiar but I csnt place where I've seen her.
    She played Morgana Pendragon in Adventures of Merlin and now i think she plays Lena Luthor in Supergirl (if it's still on air)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    She played Morgana Pendragon in Adventures of Merlin and now i think she plays Lena Luthor in Supergirl (if it's still on air)
    I think that is where I remember her from that show was good thank you!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I see, the beginning sounds like what I am reading but everything else after it, it is not what this story is about and I cannot find anywhere on which Earth is happening, so it might be an alternative one.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-07-2020 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    While multiverse, you must think on a higher level, for example, Andromeda, Milky Way and the other universes put together makes one small multiverse.
    Ok, let's see if we're on the same page here. The Andromeda galaxy and Milky Way galaxy (our home) are part of the universe. The universe is part of the multiverse. The multiverse is part of the omniverse.

Now imagine several other universes within a bigger universe and bigger, now that is a real multi-universe,
    I think you're talking about the omniverse... which I explained above.

the Magic, simply, is not that powerful to create something like that. I see Magic more like a world which is required to keep the balance of our verse but not maintaining the balance in the entire multiverse. We are touching here very in-depth and really out of context thing.
    As far as I know there has never been a limit on what magic can do. Again, the Living Tribunal's duties is to keep magic in check. Magic is whatever the writer needs it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Oh boy I’m so confused. Lol
    Lol. I pretty much gave up on trying to understand the rules of magic.

I was debating someone on a Vs. Board and they said "Zatanna put wings on the moon." There was no way I could counter that...

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so you are saying magic and divinity are the same? I thought those were different too??
    When you say Divinity...are you talking about Marvel's Earth Gods who are all the children the mystical being Gaea or The One Above All (God)?

Causes there levels of divinity.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-07-2020 at 06:02 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Empire Magazine
    @empiremagazine
    ·
    3h
    Janelle Monáe wants to play Storm in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: https://empire***********/movies/new...rm-in-the-mcu/

BANNED

Ok, let's see if we're on the same page here. The Andromeda galaxy and Milky Way galaxy (our home) are part of the universe. The universe is part of the multiverse. The multiverse is part of the omniverse.

As far as I know there has never been a limit on what magic can do. Again, the Living Tribunal's duties is to keep magic in check. Magic is whatever the writer needs it to be.

Lol. I pretty much gave up on trying to understand the rules of magic.

I was debating someone on a Vs. Board and they said "Zatanna put wings on the moon." There was no way I could counter that...

When you say Divinity...are you talking about Marvel's Earth Gods who are all the children the mystical being Gaea or The One Above All (God)?

Causes there levels of divinity.
    With Ororo playing host to the consciousness of an avatar of Eternity and the events seen in Black Panther #172 -- shouldn't Ororo, at the very least, be as powerful as Gaea?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No. Not as powerful as Gaea. Because she is still essentially human. Gaea is not.
    She does have the potential to be as powerful just not at this time.

in FotM the Adversary set up Storm and Forge as the Godheads of the new Earth. He acknowledged that they were both very powerful and he needed them off the board if his attempt was to work.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Empire Magazine
    @empiremagazine
    ·
    3h
    Janelle Monáe wants to play Storm in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: https://empire***********/movies/new...rm-in-the-mcu/
    Interesting. It reminded me that 2019 old rumor.
    https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...anther-2.html/
    Marvel Eyes Janelle Monáe for Storm in 'Black Panther 2'

Indeed that correct.

Yes that is correct, my mistake. Omniverse word just skipped my mind when I wrote my reply.

That not entirely true, if any energy has a limit, that is the magic. As you can see in the many comics of Dr Strange and animations where Doctor Strange is included. Magic is powerful, only as the being which wields it.

I haven't seen yet a being that is powerful enough to create multiverse, let alone Omniverse in the Marvel Universe or in the DC Universe via Magic only. Now Cosmic Magic that is an entirely different subject and the befalls under the Cosmic power trees.

Most people see Cosmic, Magic, Divinity as one or separate thing. None of the two is true and at the same time, all of them are true. If a Cosmic being is wielding Magic (not overseeing it, please note there is a difference), then that falls below the Cosmic Power tree as a separate power set and it has nothing to do with the known magic on the Earth plane. We are talking here for something much, much more powerful and differential than the Earth Plane magic with which most people compare it.

Now if we have only magic wielder, who is a divinity (Earthly one), then you can compare it to Earth Plane magic. And it is as someone else note here, an entire new superior level of Magic than the one which humans/mutants wield. That is the division in which Storm falls if she enhances her magic.

Only Magic, that is a few lower layer of levels of Magic, weaker and not so vast as the one which a deity will wield.

And finally, we have Divinity which is an entirely different subject in which Storm falls as well since she is of Divine blood, her bloodline is one of a Goddess. Now Divinity can be something else than magic, look at Storm, for example, she doesn't use her magic potential she uses her mutant powers and energies. Magic energy is entirely different. A God or a Goddess can wield Divine power without magic, prolonged lifespan or immortality for example, which is due to their genetics or mutant powers not due to magic but also it can be a magic one, which uses magical energy to empower the being and restructure their lifespan and immortality. So we have genetic/mutant and magic one.

We don't know yet what Storm speciality is as divinity, we do know that she is a Goddess of Balance, of Nature, but not of Magic.

Amora / Enchantress I believe is the Asgardian Goddess of Magic and Sorcery, as well and a few other deities: Marduk (Mesopotamian Pantheon, God of Judgment and Magic), Karnilla (another Asgardian Goddess of Magic), Hecate (Greek and Roman Goddess of Magic and Witchcraft) and The Dagda (The Celtic God of Magic).
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-07-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    With Ororo playing host to the consciousness of an avatar of Eternity and the events seen in Black Panther #172 -- shouldn't Ororo, at the very least, be as powerful as Gaea?
    Yes, No, Maybe.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't X-Men Forever say that mutants would eventually replace the abstracts of the universe. So giving time, Storm's powers could possibly surpass Gaea.

That not entirely true, if any energy has a limit, that is the magic. As you can see in the many comics of Dr Strange and animations where Doctor Strange is included. Magic is powerful, only as the being which wields it.
    Right, the petitioner's ability to manipulate magical energy plays a big part on what they can do. Now with that being said, that is not an indication of the limits of magic.

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92;5038062
    I haven't seen yet a being that is powerful enough to create multiverse, let alone Omniverse in the Marvel Universe or in the DC Universe via Magic only. Now [b
    Cosmic Magic[/b] that is an entirely different subject and the befalls under the Cosmic power trees.
    Magic is magic. You're overthinking it.

What you wrote was interesting but in the long run all you said was there are different levels of magic users. Earth magic, cosmic magic and divine magic are all under the same magic umbrella. If we start counting DC, then someone would bring up Lucifer Morningstar making an universe....etc. Then things would really gets messy and I'm not trying to clog up a Storm thread.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-07-2020 at 09:22 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Cosmic entities predate magic. Magic did not exist in until the fourth incarnation of the multiverse according to Ultimates by Ewing. Beings like the First Firmament, Living Tribunal, the previous 3 iterations of Eternity, are almost definitely older and more powerful than magic. It's even stated that the Eternity of the fourth multiverse is the source of magic itself.

And from what I understand magic gave rise to divinity, but the latter also has cosmic connections because of the origins of magic. In the case of Earth the Demiurge is a sentient, mystical life force that created the Elder Gods. One of those Elder Gods (Gaea) gave birth to all the other pantheons (Thor, Bast, etc. are her kids). Gods like Thor and Ares are inherently mystical beings that have access to distinctive forms of magic (which we could call divine power). There are certain abilities and attributes they have that regular magic users can't replicate, but in the case of Loki they can supplement their divine powers with regular magic they learn.

Like LordAllMighty said, at a certain level powerful enough magical beings can create their own dimensions. The Asgardians own several dimensions connected by the Bifrost, the Orishas created their dimension on the border between Earth-616 and where they sealed the Originators. Sometimes, you have groups who are composed of magic or who live in dimensions filled with it. People like that aren't gods though, because they don't descend from an Elder God. Those are your Faltines (who live in some shapeless dimension made entirely of magical energy) or the people who live in the 9 realms.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Cosmic entities predate magic. Magic did not exist in until the fourth incarnation of the multiverse according to Ultimates by Ewing. Beings like the First Firmament, Living Tribunal, the previous 3 iterations of Eternity, are almost definitely older and more powerful than magic. It's even stated that the Eternity of the fourth multiverse is the source of magic itself.

And from what I understand magic gave rise to divinity, but the latter also has cosmic connections because of the origins of magic. In the case of Earth the Demiurge is a sentient, mystical life force that created the Elder Gods. One of those Elder Gods (Gaea) gave birth to all the other pantheons (Thor, Bast, etc. are her kids). Gods like Thor and Ares are inherently mystical beings that have access to distinctive forms of magic (which we could call divine power). There are certain abilities and attributes they have that regular magic users can't replicate, but in the case of Loki they can supplement their divine powers with regular magic they learn.

Like LordAllMighty said, at a certain level powerful enough magical beings can create their own dimensions. The Asgardians own several dimensions connected by the Bifrost, the Orishas created their dimension on the border between Earth-616 and where they sealed the Originators. Sometimes, you have groups who are composed of magic or who live in dimensions filled with it. People like that aren't gods though, because they don't descend from an Elder God. Those are your Faltines (who live in some shapeless dimension made entirely of magical energy) or the people who live in the 9 realms.
    And I think you've just answered my question as to who would fall within the Reuleaux Triangle.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!