Page 36 of 613 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I mean if that’s how you feel, that’s fine and you have every right to. You can’t, however, not understand why fans of the greatest African American leader in all of comics gets paid dust in an X-office article specifically written to highlight and celebrate X-men leaders in honor of an African American hero/leader. You can’t get more obvious than that. I don’t think anyone is saying that it should’ve been a “Storm centric” article by any means but even a “In honor of one of the great African American civil rights leaders being celebrated today, we would be remiss not to mention a pioneering leader and legend of the X-men, Storm. As the first female and leader of color the X-men ever had, Ororo’s place as one of the greatest leaders and most important female characters in X-lore cannot be understated.”. That was two sentences, two sentences could’ve given Ororo the respect she deserves on this topic, in particular. You really can’t say that’s asking for too much when Cyclops got a paragraph or two.

As to why mention anything about her at all, I don’t really understand your question? Why mention anyone on that list? Because it correlates to the topic of discussion.
    At first I thought it was a reach until I saw they specifically referenced MLK and used that as the basis for the article, so yeah you are right. Its in poor tatste

Yeah that’s exactly it. I’m really not one to complain just to complain, trust me. But when your article literally states that it’s going to “celebrate leaders of the X-men” in honor of MLK, our most important African American leader, and you don’t give Storm any due? Yeah it’s upsetting to me for sure. I usually hold my tongue but this just seemed wildly inappropriate. Not looking to take shine away from anyone else. Just give Storm what she deserves at least in this instance, damnit! Lol
    Well, this would be the perfect opportunity by the X-people to play up Storm on MLK Day but they've marginalized her for so long, they just don't have anything to say about her at all except "we have big plans for her."

And that pretty much is a blow off.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would have been more shocked if they actually said something.

Happy MLK Day.
    Happy MLK Day to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    At first I thought it was a reach until I saw they specifically referenced MLK and used that as the basis for the article, so yeah you are right. Its in poor tatste
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, this would be the perfect opportunity by the X-people to play up Storm on MLK Day but they've marginalized her for so long, they just don't have anything to say about her at all except "we have big plans for her."

And that pretty much is a blow off.
    I wish it wasn’t so but you guys are both right. Just a shame tbh. Another opportunity to give credence where it’s due to one of your unquestionably most iconic characters and you just waste it. My minds having a hard time grasping how they could be so tone deaf even on a day such as today.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Question though:
    What more needs to be said or confirmed that hasn't been said already; that isn't general knowledge and understood by ALL Storm-fans.
    Bottom line...She is the best Leader of the X-men during her tenure. End of.
    I don't think more "light" needs to be shed.
    I think the problem is why bring up the particular skills about any X-leader without going into details? And if you're going to give specifics about one and give some vague answer about the other, it undoubted will raise questions and cause fans to react. Especially in the context of MLK Day.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would have been more shocked if they actually said something.

Happy MLK Day.
    Happy MLK day to you too Lam!! And to all of you here. Despite our disappointments let’s not forget to look back and be grateful for the guy who did so much for many of us to have the freedoms we have today. Not without fault, but still a great man. Here’s to you Dr. King!

@ butterflykyss girl you crack me up! Thanks for the love lol I love our little Storm gang on X-twitter too haha. Y’all are some real ones.

Storm is known across the entire planet as one of the GREATEST leaders of the X-Men!
    When people are asked about the X-Men or the franchise in general, Storm is one of the first and most popular characters to be mentioned. Nothing will ever take that away from her!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Nevermind, butterflykyss.
    gotcha boo!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Happy MLK day to you too Lam!! And to all of you here. Despite our disappointments let’s not forget to look back and be grateful for the guy who did so much for many of us to have the freedoms we have today. Not without fault, but still a great man. Here’s to you Dr. King!

@ butterflykyss girl you crack me up! Thanks for the love lol I love our little Storm gang on X-twitter too haha. Y’all are some real ones.
    lmfao bish I love you because you are not afraid to say what everyone else is thinking! your one post got this thread lit all the way up and it does because what you said is absolute fact. the article didnt need to be storm centric but if your article is a quote one quote tribute or in honor of mlk day you would think the marvel team would have a little bit more to say about their most popular black character. again diversity is so very important because I'm sure crackshot didnt think anything of not including ororo but I think someone of color specifically a black person would have had given us a different take on leadership within the xlore in honor of mlk.

and yes I love our twitter family too. no mods to ban you or delete posts for silly reasons!!! and I can let my hair down and just have fun!! you're the beat sis. lol

oan ya'll posting too fast for me to respond!! I love it
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think the problem is why bring up the particular skills about any X-leader without going into details? And if you're going to give specifics about one and give some vague answer about the other, it undoubted will raise questions and cause fans to react. Especially in the context of MLK Day.
    It clearly wasn't that sort of article/interview...based off of the questions chosen and the answers given.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I mean if that’s how you feel, that’s fine and you have every right to. You can’t, however, not understand why fans of the greatest African American leader in all of comics gets paid dust in an X-office article specifically written to highlight and celebrate X-men leaders in honor of an African American hero/leader. You can’t get more obvious than that. I don’t think anyone is saying that it should’ve been a “Storm centric” article by any means but even a “In honor of one of the great African American civil rights leaders being celebrated today, we would be remiss not to mention a pioneering leader and legend of the X-men, Storm. As the first female and leader of color the X-men ever had, Ororo’s place as one of the greatest leaders and most important female characters in X-lore cannot be understated.”. That was two sentences, two sentences could’ve given Ororo the respect she deserves on this topic, in particular. You really can’t say that’s asking for too much when Cyclops got a paragraph or two.

As to why mention anything about her at all, I don’t really understand your question? Why mention anyone on that list? Because it correlates to the topic of discussion.
    omg that sentence would have been perfect! tell the truth, shame the devil!

It clearly wasn't that sort of article/interview...based off of the questions chosen and the answers given.
    But somehow leadership skills were brought up along with Storm. Someone made a comment that some people found lacking.

You can't blame people for not liking the response.

Can anyone find yet original tweet that they drew the questions from? Because according to this man, there were actually a lot of questions about Storm that just went ignored. Not as was insinuated that there weren’t enough questions about her.

71F64FE7-9476-4B7D-B581-2F22914BAF19.jpg
    Last edited by Ororo101; 01-20-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i think so because of her hair and cloak their direction makes me think they are falling/flying, but her face is facing forward into whatever its atacking her.
    you know this could be a pic from where she is taken prisoner or abducted leading to emma and jean needing to save her in uncanny :/

Can anyone find yet original tweet that they drew the questions from? Because according to this man, there were actually a lot of questions about Storm that just went ignored. Not as was insinuated that there weren’t enough questions about her.

71F64FE7-9476-4B7D-B581-2F22914BAF19.jpg
    can you at me in that tweet. I'm trying to see the source too.