Page 468 of 613 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 9190
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Advocating for the Devil here....

Was she doing anything proactive for Africa/the Continent? Or...just being the local Weather Girl for any village who needed it?
    And as per Xavier's pitch...she did find and embraced her role and place in the world (and Universe) at large...a question she herself wrestled with but ultimately came to terms with.
    She wasn't doing anything comprehensive but was helping out where possible, which means she was doing her part. It's clear many found her efforts worthwhile so while she was indulging in her Weather Girl reputation, Storm did improve the lives of thousands of Kenyans. But I agree, she found a calling more impactful than just being a local deity. If she didn't become the woman that she did, how many times would the Earth (including her worshippers) been destroyed? Still though, there's room for a bit more balance in her obligations to the mutant cause and the people she left behind. How writers should approach that (if they even wanted to go that route) is up to debate.

now I want to see Storm telling Xavier to shove this "you'r living a fantasy....." mumbo jumbo where the sun doesn't shine, I'm aware of the wakanda's feats but It feels like the x-books don't really take the her claim of godhood seriously
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Advocating for the Devil here....

Was she doing anything proactive for Africa/the Continent? Or...just being the local Weather Girl for any village who needed it?
    And as per Xavier's pitch...she did find and embraced her role and place in the world (and Universe) at large...a question she herself wrestled with but ultimately came to terms with.
    Nope, she was more than the common Weather Witch that walked Africa bringing rain. She was worshipped as a Goddess since Xavier says to her that she is not one. I've always wondered what would have happened with Storm if she stayed in Africa and they kept worshipping her? Would she ascend beyond mortal life and reshape herself into a full-bodied Goddess, or would something else happen?

YIKES! Can Land pleased be banned from drawing Storm again?

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Nope, she was more than the common Weather Witch that walked Africa bringing rain. She was worshipped as a Goddess since Xavier says to her that she is not one. I've always wondered what would have happened with Storm if she stayed in Africa and they kept worshipping her? Would she ascend beyond mortal life and reshape herself into a full-bodied Goddess, or would something else happen?
    Good point. If she had stayed and word spread to other regions about the benevolent goddess who helps the crops that feed the people and protect them from other threats, that could have resulted in more people believing in her and worshipping her. Who knows where it could have gone from there.

I'm pretty sure that the villagers left behind were like, "What the frak happened? Some bald white dude in a wheelchair shows up, says something to our goddess and she leaves us forever! Now our crops are dead, we cannot feed our people and we are being attacked by marauders(no pun intended) Why has our goddess forsaken us for the bald white man?"

Man, I pity the next white dude that shows up to that village.

But I'm sure they understood that Storm was needed elsewhere. And no, I'm not being sarcastic

Storm should have snatched Xavier's wheelchair after he told her point blank she wasn't a goddess. Oh word, Charles Xavier? Ok, just for that, you can crawl back to America. Can he even crawl? Maybe he'd have to slide all the way back to America on his stomach. It would be funny if in addition to her greenhouse, Storm also had another room where she kept all of the items she's stolen from people over the years: wigs, wheelchairs, hearts...(ok, that last one was corny).
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Storm should have snatched Xavier's wheelchair after he told her point blank she wasn't a goddess. Oh word, Charles Xavier? Ok, just for that, you can crawl back to America. Can he even crawl? Maybe he'd have to slide all the way back to America on his stomach. It would be funny if in addition to her greenhouse, Storm also had another room where she kept all of the items she's stolen from people over the years: wigs, wheelchairs, hearts...(ok, that last one was corny).
    I love corny. I loved it all.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

wat yall think of the description of storm in xfactor. and Xavier is an idiot.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    wat yall think of the description of storm in xfactor. and Xavier is an idiot.
    "Once a goddess" means not anymore right?

*Ducks out of thread*. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    "Once a goddess" means not anymore right?

*Ducks out of thread*. Lol
    oh chile. she is and always will be a goddess.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

YIKES! Can Land pleased be banned from drawing Storm again?
    land drew that? thats a hot sh!t mess.

Charles: My name is Charles Xavier and I am the most powerful telepath on the planet. I need you to join with others like yourself and help to save my students who have powers of their own from a monstrous island that will kill them! And by the way, you're not a goddess.

Storm: So Charles Xavier, you say you are the most powerful telepath on the planet, you have recruited others with powers like myself and you want us to go save your students that you trained from a monster island? And you also say that I'm not a goddess?

Charles: Yes.

Storm: .......you do it.

Charles: What?

Storm: I guess you can't read minds after all.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thank the Goddess he recruited her...else we would not have X-Man Storm from inception.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

lmfao Im screamin lol

and thought this was appropriate to convo:

#facts
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-30-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lmfao Im screamin lol

and thought this was appropriate to convo:

#facts
    Queen of the garbage people?

Weapons hot, shots fired!