Page 176 of 613 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Aww that’s Cute. They think she can beat him because she’s Worthy. Well...Duh.

I understand where they are coming from in their decision. Personally, I don’t like that Reason.

I mean she is a Goddess Now whatever Thor dishes out can be dealt with. But I don’t see Storm knocking Thor out without herself getting hurt as well. Without some form of good durability.....I don’t see Storm lasting long in a Fight with Thor.

But that’s Me.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-29-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

just checking on all you guys storm fam. be safe hopefully we get some storm news soon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I don't think we are getting any comics THIS Week :0(

I checked on Previews World.com and they keep showing this:

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 9.49.24 AM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

well that sucks
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Who is Xmen Greatest leader?

Storm is number two on this list:

https://screenrant.com/x-men-greates...marvel-comics/

Storm's most important period as leader was in the 1980s, and it's easy to forget that she made history when she stepped up to take charge of the X-Men. She became leader of the X-Men at a time when women were typically sidekicks, secondary characters, or love interests. Even better, she won the leadership by beating Cyclops in combat, a feat she accomplished without her powers (it was sadly later retconned). Like many mutants, her powers seem to have generated specific flaws with her character; she has a need for control that can never quite be fulfilled, and a result she often second-guesses her own decisions. For all that's the case, though, Storm boldly led the X-Men to redefine themselves as outlaws and outcasts, taking them to the Australian Outback for a time, and ultimately overthrowing the government of the nation of Genosha rather than allow its citizens to treat mutants as slaves.

The modern Storm has frequently been portrayed as a leader with divided loyalties. Her relationship with Black Panther means she has responsibilities to the nation of Wakanda, and these have often conflicted with her responsibilities to the mutant race. This was particularly notable in the aftermath of the Decimation, a time when mutants were almost rendered extinct by Scarlet Witch. It took Storm quite some time to join the X-Men on the nation of Utopia, and her delay was noted by several of her fellow X-Men, who weren't particularly impressed. A similar tension is likely to emerge in Jonathan Hickman's X-Men relaunch, given the X-Men are secretly instituting a policy of regime change in nations that refuse to trade in mutant drugs - Wakanda being one such country.

Cyclops is the best leader in war. Storm is the best leader in peace.

You can debate primacy forever. The war/peace dichotomy is how I see it and prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

You can debate primacy forever. The war/peace dichotomy is how I see it and prefer it.
    very interesting perspective. do you mind expounding as to why you see one better in depending on if there is war or peace?

Not trying to start a Vs. thread here but I was reading their opinion on Storm and they brought up the Storm Vs Cyclops fight for leadership.

It made me wonder if the roles were reversed could a powerless Cyclops defeat a fully powered Storm in a fight?
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-30-2020 at 01:51 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Not trying to start a Vs. thread here but I was reading their opinion on Storm and they brought up the Storm Vs Cyclops fight for leadership fight.

It made me wonder if the roles were reversed could a powerless Cyclops defeat a fully powered Storm in a fight?
    I don't think he could, there aren't many heroes who can fight a fully powered Storm WITH their powers, let alone without any powers. the sheer range and destructive potency of some of her abilities, like mass lightning strikes and tornadoes, makes it an insanely overwhelming uphill battle for Cyclops.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Not trying to start a Vs. thread here but I was reading their opinion on Storm and they brought up the Storm Vs Cyclops fight for leadership.

No, I couldn’t see powerless Scott defeating a powered Storm (fully or only partial). I think (sane with most elementally powered characters) her powers vs a non-superhuman is a guaranteed beat down for him/her.

A separate note - why do these articles bring up the retcon even though it has never been acknowledged (to my knowledge) in any other book? Like every story outside of the “recton” sticks with the original CC version of Storm’s victory. Its nitpicking lol but still...
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Hmmm yeah I disagree. She’s proven to be more than capable as a leader in war time, though Fraction and some X-writers tried to undermine her history to create this perception to push Scott & Logan.

cyclops doesnt stand a chance even with his powers. the only way a powerless cyclops could win is if he had prep and tech to help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    very interesting perspective. do you mind expounding as to why you see one better in depending on if there is war or peace?
    I'll try :-)

My biggest complaint with Storm's presence in the X-Books is that no one seems to ask Storm what HER vision for mutants could or should be.

Ever since No More Mutants, the X-Men have been reacting to human aggression in violent fits and spurts. Utopia was Scott's idea about protecting mutants in wartime.

Prior to that, Storm had established the XSE to police mutant threats and rescue civilians. It was a role that allowed her to lead by example and work alongside human diplomats to work toward a progressive status quo.

After Cyclops died, Storm struggled with leadership positions because the paradigm was still reeling from the inertia of Cyclops' hyper-defensiveness.

It's only now that Krakoa has created a viable economic state for mutantkind that Cyclops has been able to retreat to his proper role as military general. And while I'm WAITING, Ororo seems content on X-Men Red and playing high priestess of resurrection. What I WANT is for her to ascend to mutantkind's secretary of state.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    No, I couldn’t see powerless Scott defeating a powered Storm (fully or only partial). I think (sane with most elementally powered characters) her powers vs a non-superhuman is a guaranteed beat down for him/her.

A separate note - why do these articles bring up the retcon even though it has never been acknowledged (to my knowledge) in any other book? Like every story outside of the “recton” sticks with the original CC version of Storm’s victory. Its nitpicking lol but still...
    my personal thoughts are that there are some that work at cbr (or who write these articles at least) who dont really care for the character. back during the guggs days cbr wrote many articles around hammertime but not one article around Coates identifying her as a goddess. I dont necessarily see it as happenstance.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

Comixology still has Marvel and DC comics listed for digital release this week. I think DC confirmed, waiting to see what Marvel says.