Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Rachel (Grey) Summers: Phoenix II Appreciation 2020

Here is hoping we see more of Rachel (Grey) Summers in 2020 and she gets to be the Starchild she was always meant to be!

Last edited by RachelGrey; 12-31-2019 at 08:21 PM. Reason: editing the title
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

“Starchild” is twee but it’s still better than “Prestige”.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    “Starchild” is twee but it’s still better than “Prestige”.
    Yeah Galactus and Selene both called her Starchild, but that was back in her first appearance and during Excalibur.

I hope they can fix the title, I put "Thread" instead of "2020"!

yay, they fixed the title. Haha, CRaymond they agreed with you that Starchild was too old and barely used, they removed it!

And yet they went ALL the way back to Phoenix II. Gross.

I get they want to keep things consistent but can’t we have this thread named Rachel Summers Appreciation 2020? It’s the bane she was introduced as, and it’s the only name that’s stuck.

I loved when Rachel tore Quentin a new one during training!

And yet they went ALL the way back to Phoenix II. Gross.

I get they want to keep things consistent but can’t we have this thread named Rachel Summers Appreciation 2020? It’s the bane she was introduced as, and it’s the only name that’s stuck.
    That was my fault, I was the one who did "Phoenix II" I was trying to prevent "Prestige" from being in the title of this thread so I went with the title she held longest in all the comics, "Phoenix II"!

So what’s Rachel’s status going into 2020? Chilling in the Summer House on the moon sitting next to a pager, waiting for her dad to need a psychic? Honestly, she should be paired with him for his QC missions.

Jean & Quentin are running X-Force, Betsy is Excalibur, Kwannon is FA/Hellions... Danielle, Jono & Karma are dicking around in space. The only other telepath without a job is M and honestly she’s probably a stronger choice cause she’s not a redhead.

So what’s Rachel’s status going into 2020? Chilling in the Summer House on the moon sitting next to a pager, waiting for her dad to need a psychic? Honestly, she should be paired with him for his QC missions.

Jean & Quentin are running X-Force, Betsy is Excalibur, Kwannon is FA/Hellions... Danielle, Jono & Karma are dicking around in space. The only other telepath without a job is M and honestly she’s probably a stronger choice cause she’s not a redhead.
    I was hoping Rachel would get paired up with Scott permanently, I don't expect her to show up much at all now though. I think she will be a very occasional character with no story in 2020, unless one of the other writers picks her up as a character.

I think that's why I hope they just let her go Dark Phoenix and leave the Earth entirely for a while. If they don't plan to use her any time soon then have her just leave Earth and go her own way, she can show up someday when a writer actually wants to use her as a character.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

IMHO It works for Kwannon/Psylocke II. Laura I'm fine with "AN" Wolverine being her alternate.

Oh, and Future Fight Rachel with friends.

BTW RachelGrey, is your ignore action just a conscious action, or did you use the board function? If the latter, yes I was out of line. I managed to cut off my bile at the Kate thread but slipped up at Emma's. That was a jerk-ass thing to do. The idea of my preceding post about one-and-done "vs issues" just triggered something. Ugh. Outside of my day job I'm technically a Filipino hikkikomori. Socially inept lot.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Shouldn't this thread be called "Rachel (Grey) Summers: Prestige Appreciation 2020"? That's her current name, not Phoenix.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope she gets more than a cameo this year.

Happy New Year to Rachel .

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope she gets more than a cameo this year.
    For real! After the shitshow that 2018-2019 were for her she is owed more than a cameo as the "goth and edgy daughter" we've seen.

And no, I do not recognize the code name she has now as it is something from Guggenheim. So we don't need that name in the title of this thread.