Page 401 of 613 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Does anyone know when some preview art will be dropping for the giant size issue? I feel like I'm going to be let down with the issus unfortunately.
    The week before its out which means you have like 3 weeks to go

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The week before its out which means you have like 3 weeks to go
    well that sucks a$$.

thank you though.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Does anyone know when some preview art will be dropping for the giant size issue? I feel like I'm going to be let down with the issus unfortunately.
    History repeating itself?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    History repeating itself?
    basically. that plus I wasn't really impressed with the last two issues and her going to the world just seems beneath her. I was hoping she would finally transcend to energy and destroy the virus that way but that doesn't seem the path hickman will be taking.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

basically. that plus I wasn't really impressed with the last two issues and her going to the world just seems beneath her. I was hoping she would finally transcend to energy and destroy the virus that way but that doesn't seem the path hickman will be taking.
    Lol , "transcend into energy".....(wipes tears)

BANNED

“The World” is not your Average place. It’s very formidable I wouldn’t say it’s “Beneath Storm” if anything? It’s a good Challenge for her.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-20-2020 at 09:25 PM.

I’m keeping my expectations for giant size low, but one thing that makes me optimistic is that we know Storm’s objective. The problem with the other GS issues is that they’re all about characters going on fetch quests for other people. But Ororo is trying to save herself, so the mission is more personal.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    “The World” is not your Average place. It’s very formidable I wouldn’t say it’s “Beneath Storm” if anything? It’s a good Challenge for her.
    22204129-FF3C-4988-8B85-F1D29581CEA6.jpg

Agree. Remember that she actually ruled the place for perhaps several months World-Time, when she and Logan were there together in Wolverine and the X-Men Vol. 2 #8. I doubt they’ll reference that in the issue, since their entire relationship is presently being ignored, but it’s canon that the two busted heads in the place.

Well, that is one way of looking at it sure. But look at the words Storm is saying. She’s not Spewing a Hate Speech like a Normal Supremacist would.

The ONLY person that has been consistent with his Mutant Supremacy motto is Magneto. But on the other hand I can see why you would think the X-Men are Supremacist. However, Based on the Comics we’ve been reading. They are Not.

Hickman knew what he was doing when he wrote that. Clearly, he wanted us to question if the X-Men are Heroes or Villains. But again look at what has transpired since Krakoa became a Nation. It’s pretty clear the X-Men are neither Hero or Villains. They have the exact same problem and issue like any other real Nation.

Only problem is they are more Dangerous. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Agreed. White supremacy was the farthest thing from my mind reading that speech lol I got a sense of empowerment, of awe, and defintely a sense of familial ties. The Ressurection of the X-Men and the Conquering of Death a badass iconic moment for Storm and the X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    And no, storm wasnt leading the crowd for hatred of humans, but about a type of pride and joy many mutants havent been able to feel, ororo however has had Pride and joy in her abilities, on her identity as a mutant, she was the perfect conductor for the crowd.

In that moment she was using her inherited charisma and pure strength of soul to uplift a culture that has never been lifted into the levels of divine that Storm embodies, in a speech that embraced mutants for their traits and story and their victory rising above the constant non stop agression and death by the merit of their own power, and embraced her family , her loved ones returned from the dead

It was a moment that captured WHY storm is so important, not because of an iconic visual design or powers, but her unique brand of humanity and compassion laced with divinity.

So I cant really see what makes it seem like a supremicist rally, since no hatred or incitation to violence was being created, it was a celebration of mutantkind's new found power and unity, humans were the cause but they were irrelevant before what was happening on the hatchery.
    None of us meant supremacy the way you understood it. The word has many meanings. And no need to get so protective or aggressive towards our comments. We simply said that this is not how we see Storm, I am sure they could have done it better, just that specific part is the only thing in the entire new era which I truly disliked about Storm. She felt like entirely different character for me and I honestly didn't like it, at all.

They could have worded her speech better something not so... I don't know cultish? I am all for Storm and Krakoa, I love Krakoa, but that specific moment... just no. Sorry but that is not Storm for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Lol , "transcend into energy".....(wipes tears)
    she's almost done it before though:

I'm saying she shouldn't need the help of the world to rid her of the virus. the power lies in her own abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I’m keeping my expectations for giant size low, but one thing that makes me optimistic is that we know Storm’s objective. The problem with the other GS issues is that they’re all about characters going on fetch quests for other people. But Ororo is trying to save herself, so the mission is more personal.
    thats very true about it being personal. maybe this will give this story whatever seemed to be missing from the nightcrawler, fantomex and magneto ones.

Last edited by juan678; 08-21-2020 at 06:39 AM.

Wow we are getting this much earlier than expected. Storm looks like she's ready to cut Emma. I wonder what snarky crap Emma just said to her

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow we are getting this much earlier than expected. Storm looks like she's ready to cut Emma. I wonder what snarky crap Emma just said to her
    Emma's been trying to get under Storm's skin for years. That Ororo still lets it get to her is hilarious and disappointing lol.

I'm so pumped! I just hope there's dialogue unlike the first issue.

It was confirmed in an X-men Monday interview that there is dialogue, right?