Page 88 of 613 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188588 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 9190
    BANNED

this is in june tho, children of the walpapper would be at issue two by then, seems redudant to me

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I hope their not making her a Den Mother.
    Agreed. Thats been played out and Storm needs a world stage role. Like how would you feel/what would be your interest in an Illuminati style book where Storm spearheads a team (mutant & maybe even human heroes) that know the potential disastrous future for the mutant species, and strategically manage events to prevent or minimize it and stops the growth/development of homo novissma? Or the mutants creating their own UN recognized version of SHIELD/SWORD? Or her being the general of X-Corps but with a twist of XSE world authority?

BANNED

even if she is in that book, it has "canceled at issue 6 like falen angels" all over it so Im not worried about it

Will Vita Ayala be the first Black writer to write Storm in a book coming out of the X-Office (mini, maxi, or ongoing)?

BANNED

i think so, such a talented writer doing such a **** concept.

Got to show my Nubian Queen Storm some love. She has always been a favorite of mine: great character design, a unique powerset, along with an intriguing backstory, what is not to love?

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet. Shame on me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Got to show my Nubian Queen Storm some love. She has always been a favorite of mine: great character design, powerset along with an intriguing backstory, what is not to love?

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet.
    the recent news made us all super happy, so welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the recent news made us all super happy, so welcome back
    That it has.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I hope their not making her a Den Mother.
    I know, me neither. But let's just see how it plays out.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Janelle Monet is an interesting and talented artist, but no, I don't see her as Ororo in the least.

It will be very interesting to see what direction they go as far as casting Ororo and the other X-Men. I think I've made my opinion known at this point that they should all be cast more or less college aged so we can watch them grow up over a decade of films(and Disney+ series), instead of starting off with already mature characters(who have had their powers since puberty, it just doesn't makes sense), but it is impossible to know what they will do until it is done.

The casting of Eternals does make me a bit nervous because they really went with a pretty much all well-known cast(maybe because Eternals is sooooo obscure?), whereas I think most of the X-Men, and Storm in particular, would be better served by casting relative or complete unknowns(because, really, who on the normal Hollywood radar can do Ororo right now?). For one, you can get them to sign a 10 year deal to do films and series more easily. And two, the audience can see them as the character(which was Hugh Jackman's greatest advantage with Logan), not as 'so and so from what's it called'.
    Why doesn't it make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why doesn't it make sense?
    My point was it doesn't make sense to skip decades of powered adventures by introducing the characters in the MCU as already full grown, mature adults in their 30's. The characters aren't even that old in the current comics after decades of published adventures. It immediately puts you in a tell, not show, position, and robs the viewer of experiencing those adventures with the characters, live(which is the great advantage of this MCU/Disney+ medium, you can actually follow this group for a whole decade of media). This is all the more nonsensical if these characters have existed in the MCU world and just never helped out during all the world-threatening events we have already seen in the Infinity Saga.

As for the casting of unknowns, Hugh Jackman WAS Logan because most audiences had never seen him before and then here he is embodying Logan. It's better that way, with no other associations in the audience's mind. Now, with lesser characters, previous audience relationships can help(such as Jason Momoa's Khal Drogo setting him up for a slam dunk as Aquaman based on the audience already having a relationship with him), but in this case, I think the characters are bigger than the actors.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-19-2020 at 03:14 AM.

My point was it doesn't make sense to skip decades of powered adventures by introducing the characters in the MCU as already full grown, mature adults in their 30's. The characters aren't even that old in the current comics after decades of published adventures. It immediately puts you in a tell, not show, position, and robs the viewer of experiencing those adventures with the characters, live(which is the great advantage of this MCU/Disney+ medium, you can actually follow this group for a whole decade of media).
    The characters are very much that old in the comics (at least the ones who were allowed to age) or very close to it. And it isn't like you can't do exciting adventures with them as adults. Hell, that's when most of the interesting stuff with them happened. Besides, we've seen young X-Men with First Class, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix and Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The characters are very much that old in the comics (at least the ones who were allowed to age) or very close to it. And it isn't like you can't do exciting adventures with them as adults. Hell, that's when most of the interesting stuff with them happened. Besides, we've seen young X-Men with First Class, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix and Evolution.
    Fox's versions were whack(and so was Evolution). That's not actually what we're looking for. And no, the characters are all still hovering in their late 20's(the O5 and Storm, for example, most of the others are even younger).

I don't understand how this is even contentious. The X-Men start off as students of Professor Xavier at his School for Gifted Youngsters. After 20 years of Fox-Men films, we didn't have a single decent Danger Room sequence. They never developed them as a team/family. They never really characterized them. As far as I'm concerned, the Fox-Men films never once actually gave us a proper X-Men movie, so let's just start over again from the top. This time with feeling.

Fox's versions were whack(and so was Evolution). That's not actually what we're looking for. And no, the characters are all still hovering in their late 20's(the O5 and Storm, for example, most of the others are even younger).
    Yeah, there is no way these guys are just in their late 20s (which is closer to 30 anyway).

I don't understand how this is even contentious. The X-Men start off as students of Professor Xavier at his School for Gifted Youngsters. After 20 years of Fox-Men films, we didn't have a single decent Danger Room sequence. They never developed them as a team/family. They never really characterized them. As far as I'm concerned, the Fox-Men films never once actually gave us a proper X-Men movie, so let's just start over again from the top. This time with feeling.
    Not everything needs to be an origin story. People living under a rock know who the X-Men are already. And even if the Fox movies had flaws, we don't need to see them as teenagers to get proper characterization. A film not dedicated to the X-Men in their teens or 20s is pretty low on the list of problems if it was even on the list to begin with.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-19-2020 at 03:24 AM.