Page 87 of 613 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187587 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    These Giant Sized books are essentially oneshots. The comic stores will order them months in advance. Even if we all go in droves to the store to pick it up when it is released, that will be long after the fact.

I don't think this is a 'test' of marketability.
    very true. that being said I hope it does well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    A Giant Sized issue is exciting but I want more. We should be getting the rebirth of Claremont Storm.
    Gods of the earth and air, Bright Lady, so mote it be! Aṣẹ Aṣẹ

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nothing marvel does is by accident and I see this effort as a means to an eventual prevalent role in the mcu. I say all of this to say I wouldn't be surprised if feige has his hands in this that the xoffices invest more in their premier black female superheroine. we know the disney has been all about synergy and I dont see why that would be so far fetched here.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    very true. that being said I hope it does well.
    All five of these are going to do well. Hickman is on fire.

That said, if people start bugging their LCS's now, maybe we can inflate the numbers for Storm even more!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Gods of the earth and air, Bright Lady, so mote it be! Aṣẹ Aṣẹ

I think your suggestion of feige being involved is probable. so yes amen indeed boo!

oan so I'm sure I know your answer but what are your thoughts on Janelle Monet playing storm or rumored to be top pick for her? would you be ok if she ultimately is the pock for her?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Janelle Monet is an interesting and talented artist, but no, I don't see her as Ororo in the least.

It will be very interesting to see what direction they go as far as casting Ororo and the other X-Men. I think I've made my opinion known at this point that they should all be cast more or less college aged so we can watch them grow up over a decade of films(and Disney+ series), instead of starting off with already mature characters(who have had their powers since puberty, it just doesn't makes sense), but it is impossible to know what they will do until it is done.

The casting of Eternals does make me a bit nervous because they really went with a pretty much all well-known cast(maybe because Eternals is sooooo obscure?), whereas I think most of the X-Men, and Storm in particular, would be better served by casting relative or complete unknowns(because, really, who on the normal Hollywood radar can do Ororo right now?). For one, you can get them to sign a 10 year deal to do films and series more easily. And two, the audience can see them as the character(which was Hugh Jackman's greatest advantage with Logan), not as 'so and so from what's it called'.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I had to repost this glorious pic, this is doing it for me she is drawn amazing. I adore it may have to change my avatar.
    I’m regards to Storm for the MCU I’m still rocking with Ryan Destiny she is a good age, though I do feel we are getting a more adult Storm since I feel they are going to play up the romance between her and TChalla though I don’t know and could be wrong, but she’s 25 so if they chose to play that role they could. I’m excited either way this news about Storm for the future makes me hopeful and optimistic for great things to come.

CFEC51F5-6183-4A57-9B29-4B27DF7D0AB8.jpg
    This is the young lady I was speaking off.

Chadwick Boseman is already 42. Letitia Wright(Shuri) is already 26. I don't think a 25 year old can realistically(or rather, acceptably) be in a romance with BP at this point, nor do I think they will discard Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o(36)'s Nakia so easily.

I honestly don't think they will go for the Ororo/T'Challa romance in the MCU, but rather just have them be friends and allies.

Chadwick Boseman is already 42. Letitia Wright(Shuri) is already 26. I don't think a 25 year old can realistically(or rather, acceptably) be in a romance with BP at this point, nor do I think they will discard Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o(36)'s Nakia so easily.

I honestly don't think they will go for the Ororo/T'Challa romance in the MCU, but rather just have them be friends and allies.
    Yeah. Casting an older Storm will not be good for a franchise that’s going to restart. They’ll in it for the long haul, so the actirs have to be considerably young. I want a younger Storm solely for that fact. But yeah, I’d rather not with Chadwick being 42.

BANNED

tbh if ororo is well writen mcu nakia would have better chemestry with her than tchalla.
    shes basicaly yukio/calisto with a proper moral compass

lol, that would be interesting. I've always been down for a bi Ororo, but Yukio should come first.

I see college aged Ororo(pre-Krakoa) as still being emotionally withdrawn and distant from people, even though she does loves them and likes to help them. I think after all the trauma of her youth in Cairo and nearly being raped along the way to Kenya, and her powers developing just after that, she just became one with the elements and nature and reveled in that level of being(letting go all that hurt and pain, and now no one could try to overpower her, not with the forces of nature and the Goddess with her). I do not accept the later stories that try to say she lived with Ainet who was her mother and all that nonsense. Claremont showed us Ororo's past, and it was living in a treehouse alone in the jungle. She helped people as a rain goddess, but other than that kept to herself.

ororogoddessinvocation.jpg

teenstorm.jpg

That's the great beauty of the X-Men for Ororo: she was around a bunch of other powerful beings(particularly Jean in those Phoenix days) for the first time, socializing and interacting as equals. The taste of course was bittersweet, and she often yearned for her solitude in the wilds(hence her attic greenhouse choice instead of a normal dorm room), but it was the bonds she made with the X-Men as her family more than mere teammates, that kept her around and eventually led to her developing as a leader of her peers.

With the fact that we know MCU films and Disney+ shows will start to meld together, I see the X-Men positioned in the perfect time/place to really get a lot of media created with them. I think casting Ororo with a 6' tall 19-22 year old young woman from Kenya is the way to go. We'll get to watch her grow into the role and become the badass leader and global politician she is in the later periods in time, starting from the beginning. Imagine if Game of Thrones had summer blockbuster season finales? That's the kind of thing we could get with X-Men for ten years.

Watching a cast grow and mature into their final forms, not just start with them already 30/40 years old is the way. I think this was a mistake in T'Challa's case too. I don't like that T'Chaka was so old and unfit. I would have cast Djimon Hounsou as T'Chaka and got someone in their mid or late 20's to be Prince T'Challa, but RDJ really did skew the characters older, so I see why they did that. If they wanted to use Chadwick, so be it, but then frame T'Chaka's death in the past(as in the comics, Klaw could kill him when T'Challa was still a boy/young teenager). Anyways, it's fine to start Tony Stark off as a mature man, because his story as Iron Man doesn't start until he builds the suit. With mutants, their powers pop off around puberty most of the time, so their character starts getting interesting very early. Starting off mutants as 30 or 40 year olds, that have had powered adventures for 20 or 30 years off camera(in a universe that doesn't seem to acknowledge mutants at all), just seems stupid to me(even to this day after decades of stories, the main X-Men still haven't broken 30).

Now of course the MCU can just say that the mutations didn't happen until just recently, even for mature adults, or that they were hiding the whole time, but both of those just seem very unfulfilling. The X-Men concept started off as teens at a school. I think the high school angle is played out at this point, but a college-based angle is perfect. They're at Professor Xavier's school, living in dorms, being drilled and evaluated in the Danger Room in their uniforms. It works. I really want them to sneak off to Harry's Hideaway for beers after a mission, and they can't do that if they are still in high school. I guess Tom Holland(23)'s Spider-Man is still in high school, but that can't last much longer(he's already two solo movies in and besides they are actually Sony productions...).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-18-2020 at 05:46 AM.

I wasn’t saying they had to blossom the romance between Ororo and TChalla I just felt like they would but I honestly don’t know at all which direction they will take the character. I’m not sure why people keep mentioning Lupita when others mention the possibility of Ororo and TChalla as if her being the villainess character she was in the comics would give her any less screentime when it could still give her a role to dig her teeth into. I don’t mind either way. I’m not a fan of teenage Storm I didn’t much like her in Ultimate XMen so I hope that’s not a route they take. 25 isnt old to start a franchise film with she does not have to literally be 18-19 in ten years if they chose she would only be 35. I really don’t even want Storm in college I just don’t I got introduced to her as an adult and that’s the version I fell in love with. If they did a Storm solo movie then yes I want a teenage Storm as well to fully tell her story and for that I’d choose the young woman from Blackish Marsai Martin.
    Last edited by StormDisciple; 02-18-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Ultimate Member

All five of these are going to do well. Hickman is on fire.

That said, if people start bugging their LCS's now, maybe we can inflate the numbers for Storm even more!
    You don't want that.

All that means is you got plenty of copies on the shelf collecting dust.

What you want is SOLD OUT. Sold out to force another printing-meaning another artist gets a shot at the cover.

So Storm AND others are featured in Giant-Size X-men: Storm, but it's suppose to establish Storm's role in the years to come. We know that Storm will be in Children of the Atom. Will those new kids be the other characters said to be in the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    So Storm AND others are featured in Giant-Size X-men: Storm, but it's suppose to establish Storm's role in the years to come. We know that Storm will be in Children of the Atom. Will those new kids be the other characters said to be in the issue?
    I hope their not making her a Den Mother.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.