Page 582 of 613 FirstFirst ... 82482532572578579580581582583584585586592 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/earth-atmos...corona-1338611

I'mma need to see Storm fly to the moon and make it rain now!
    And Scott and Jean already got a home there for her to visit. LOL

The article also makes me think of the FF issue where she was gathering the hydrogen molecules in space.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

https://www.newsweek.com/earth-atmos...corona-1338611

I'mma need to see Storm fly to the moon and make it rain now!
    What you just posted only confirms that Storm can Make Cosmic Weather Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    What you just posted only confirms that Storm can Make Cosmic Weather Now.
    Claremont tried to let em know. Talking bout her powers in space didn't make no sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Wein and Cockrum did intend for her to actually be an ancient, timeless African goddess. It was Claremont who made her from Harlem. Who added the claustrophobia and Cairo street thief background. Even still, Claremont considered her a '3-dimensional goddess', and always hinted at something more.

You have to realize making Storm an immortal, all-powerful goddess makes her unwieldy in a team setting. Even Thor, paragon of white male power, gets nerfed all the time in Avengers stories. With a whole roster to attend to, you can't just let him do the thing in a swing of his magic hammer. At least he usually has his own book to stretch those godly legs, and it's been that way since his inception. Wanting a team mutant team book to focus on Omega goddess Ororo just isn't very reasonable. She would really need her own book for that. Or at the very least a writer who wants to drape the team around her. We were blessed to get those Claremont stories. Without the combination of editorial/corporate push and a passionate creative team, that might be the best we get out of Storm.
    You don't have to make her into that kind of goddess. Coates didn't say she was all powerful or immortal. He simply said she was a goddess. Asgardians aren't immortal, they're just extremely long-lived.

They can pretty much develop her as they see fit just from that premise..

It’s the truth. We cannot afford a Solo that comes out Monthly it will hurt Storm.

That may be true that most Storm fans are intrigued, but there does exist fans who rather Storm not go down this path. LOL you wanna put out Thor fans in their place haha. I can do that now. But I know what you mean. :-)
    What would concern me about a Storm solo is that with so many X-books currently out, you'd lose it in the mix.

It would have to really stand out and be more than just about her being a mutant or else it's just another book headed for the cancellation column. Her book should be many things and not just about one aspect or type.

She can do cosmic.
    She can do social issues.
    She can do environmental issues
    She can do cultural issues.
    She can do horror.
    She can do just plain superheroics.

That ability to tap into different genres gives her more opportunities to appeal to readers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What would concern me about a Storm solo is that with so many X-books currently out, you'd lose it in the mix.

It would have to really stand out and be more than just about her being a mutant or else it's just another book headed for the cancellation column. Her book should be many things and not just about one aspect or type.

She can do cosmic.
    She can do horror.

That ability to tap into different genres gives her more opportunities to appeal to readers.
    Well SAID.

She can do cosmic.
    She can do horror.

Exactly. I'm hoping as she explores we get to see the journey of a young mutant goddess coming into power. I want to see how other cosmic entities react to this touched child and what they can teach her. Ororo is being drawn to something like when she was to the Serengeti. What is it?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

You don't have to make her into that kind of goddess. Coates didn't say she was all powerful or immortal. He simply said she was a goddess. Asgardians aren't immortal, they're just extremely long-lived.

Storm's feats with just her normal powers already put her in an elite class among her mutant peers. If you added simple durability alone that would even further upset the balance. If Storm's bulletproof, she will break every story standing next to Scott and Logan. Her human durability is the counterpoint to 'makes galactic storms with her mind'. What would you add to her in full goddess mode? How would her divine nature play out in a mutant identity politics focused franchise?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Storm's feats with just her normal powers already put her in an elite class among her mutant peers. If you added simple durability alone that would even further upset the balance. If Storm's bulletproof, she will break every story standing next to Scott and Logan. Her human durability is the counterpoint to 'makes galactic storms with her mind'. What would you add to her in full goddess mode? How would her divine nature play out in a mutant identity politics focused franchise?
    Nothing needs to be added. All gods or goddesses don't need to have the same qualities.

Sometimes having a higher plane of awareness, having recognizable divine qualities is enough. Again, Storm doesn't need to be immortal, invincible, impervious, all-knowing, all-seeing or omnipotent in order for her to be a goddess.

She already has power and divine grace. Having a higher plane of awareness is probably all she needs.

Incredible Member

I always thought Oshtur was the reason for her goddess powers. Even without the godhead, I thought she was the reason for Storm's ancestors' magic?

Her divine powers are a standard part of her. It goes beyond even her mutant DNA. For some reason, these powers have been dormant over the decades. This is why everyone said she had a huge potential for magic.

But here's a scenario
    Since we know her godhead is actually a primary source and not from any other place. How powerful do you think Storm would be if she unlocked her godhead at an early age and wasn't a mutant?

Astonishing Member

Yea I don't think that just because Storm is a goddess she needs to have the standard powers of Thor or whatever. I don't have a problem with her being a glass cannon, but I think her godhead should give her a mystical awareness that attunes her to imbalances in the natural world. So she should naturally sense demons, feel disturbances in the natural order, and see black magic no matter how well hidden. This expands on her sensitivity to nature that jwatson brought up. We've already seen her do stuff like this in the past, but it should be made an explicit part of her godly awareness and work at a higher level.

In terms of actual combat, I'm fine with what we got so far. Storm should be able to imbue her mutant weather abilities with the divine white magic of Oshtur passed down through her godhead. So her lightning and winds can be just as effective against dark magic as they are regular enemies. I wouldn't be mad at her learning an ancestral spell or two, but that's not necessary.

I find the way her godhead works through her X-gene really interesting. I wonder if that's unique or something that only the most powerful Wind Riders can do. Claremont did say once that every few generations or so her bloodline produced a woman with extraordinary abilities, some of whom were mutants. Is it possible that the woman who first received Oshtur's godhead was a mutant? Maybe the nature-related X-gene is some kind of amplifier or focusing tool for the godhead that makes it even more powerful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I don't think that just because Storm is a goddess she needs to have the standard powers of Thor or whatever. I don't have a problem with her being a glass cannon, but I think her godhead should give her a mystical awareness that attunes her to imbalances in the natural world. So she should naturally sense demons, feel disturbances in the natural order, and see black magic no matter how well hidden. This expands on her sensitivity to nature that jwatson brought up. We've already seen her do stuff like this in the past, but it should be made an explicit part of her godly awareness and work at a higher level.

In terms of actual combat, I'm fine with what we got so far. Storm should be able to imbue her mutant weather abilities with the divine white magic of Oshtur passed down through her godhead. So her lightning and winds can be just as effective against dark magic as they are regular enemies. I wouldn't be mad at her learning an ancestral spell or two, but that's not necessary.

I find the way her godhead works through her X-gene really interesting. I wonder if that's unique or something that only the most powerful Wind Riders can do. Claremont did say once that every few generations or so her bloodline produced a woman with extraordinary abilities, some of whom were mutants. Is it possible that the woman who first received Oshtur's godhead was a mutant? Maybe the nature-related X-gene is some kind of amplifier or focusing tool for the godhead that makes it even more powerful.
    I think that would be a problem.

Infusing her Godpower with her Mutant power can be a problem. Because how can we tell the difference? And do we know WHEN she is activating this power or if it’s always in play.

If Storm’s Godpower is always active and she hits someone like I don’t know Ironman and he survives. That would prove Storm’s Godpower is Weak and we can’t have that. LOL

Ultimate Member

She can do cosmic.
    She can do horror.

Then you need to do an OGN. Just like Goldie Vance and Black AF America's Sweetheart. BOTH have trouble staying in stock at my comic book store.

Astonishing Member

I think that would be a problem.

Infusing her Godpower with her Mutant power can be a problem. Because how can we tell the difference? And do we know WHEN she is activating this power or if it’s always in play.

If Storm’s Godpower is always active and she hits someone like I don’t know Ironman and he survives. That would prove Storm’s Godpower is Weak and we can’t have that. LOL
    I feel like you sidestep that issue by having it so the weather effects are a different color. Storm's lightning tends to be either white or yellow, maybe her mystical lightning could come in shades of purple/pink? I don't think the goddess aspect of her powers should always be active, like with spellcasting, it makes sense for it to be a conscious act on her part.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Wein and Cockrum did intend for her to actually be an ancient, timeless African goddess. It was Claremont who made her from Harlem. Who added the claustrophobia and Cairo street thief background. Even still, Claremont considered her a '3-dimensional goddess', and always hinted at something more.

You have to realize making Storm an immortal, all-powerful goddess makes her unwieldy in a team setting. Even Thor, paragon of white male power, gets nerfed all the time in Avengers stories. With a whole roster to attend to, you can't just let him do the thing in a swing of his magic hammer. At least he usually has his own book to stretch those godly legs, and it's been that way since his inception. Wanting a team mutant team book to focus on Omega goddess Ororo just isn't very reasonable. She would really need her own book for that. Or at the very least a writer who wants to drape the team around her. We were blessed to get those Claremont stories. Without the combination of editorial/corporate push and a passionate creative team, that might be the best we get out of Storm.
    Intentions unfortunately don't have any bearing on canon. Before Coates retconned her to being an actual goddess it was established she was a goddess only in name:

to your point about stories where she is all-powerful acknowledging that she is a goddess doesn't mean she would be depicted by some of the characteristics you mentioned. even in Coates' BP where her godhead is embraced she isn't immortal and even with her powers still have limitations. Yes it would be nice to see such aspects explored in a solo but the Shuri and Black Panther books indicate her gift of godhead can be discussed in a of ensemble characters.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I feel like there's not enough evidence (from Coates at least) to support Storm having distant ancestry to Gaea. All the imagery with her character is light, white, the sky, and balance, which are all traits of Oshtur. I'm more likely to believe she's is the progenitor of Storm's bloodline than Gaea, and even that seems iffy. The godhead being called a "gift" and "blessing" at one point hint Storm's matrilineal line was blessed with godly powers rather than them being actual descendants of any Elder God. I could be absolutely wrong on that but I think Storm is 100% human/mutant but accesses divine magic in a roundabout way. Hence why technically she's still a goddess.

Hercules isn't a child of Gaea but he claims godhood via a Skyfather, who were all created from the godstuff of dead Elder Gods (siblings of Gaea). So he's a close nephew lol. But you got me, gods are generally those descended from Gaea or a Skyfather (in the case of demi-gods)
    going to defer to the post yoga made on the rise of the marvel earth gods. being a god doesn't mean you have to be directly linked to Gaea. Man's mind with the Demiurge allowed the gods of marvel to take form.

In old Marvel cosmology, it was the worship and imagination of the people channeling the 'atmospheric divinity' left over from Atum that created and gave power to all the worlds pantheons.

Anyone or anything can become a god, since all of creation is godstuff. It's ultimately a matter of the divinity being observed/recognized/celebrated by human consciousness.
    100% agreed.

100% agreed here too though some enhancements on her durability would be nice lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-29-2020 at 03:27 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!