Page 538 of 613 FirstFirst ... 38438488528534535536537538539540541542548588 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 9190
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Lol this post is every reason they need to end. Despite what the writers do storm will always be the bigger character with more potential and unlike bp is irreplaceable.
    You can pick up any sales data from any month in any year and see who the real seller is. Giant size x-men storm, bp could never.
    Since you asked

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...09Diamond.html
    Giant Size X-Men Storm 1 $4.99 09/16/20 Marvel 55,500 (est low) 66,000 (estimated high numbers)
    Kindle sales on Amazon
    #2,418 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #6,547 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Trades on Amazon
    Storm Vol. 1: Make It Rain
    Kindle Store
    #4,015 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #4,326 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #10,329 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Paperback
    #1,504 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #3,391 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Volume 2
    Kindle
    #4,706 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #4,981 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #11,920 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Paperback
    #1,509 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #3,400 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...6/2016-04.html
    1 1 Black Panther 1 $4.99 April 2016 Marvel 253,259
    Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet Book 1
    Kindle
    #33 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #38 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #44 in Comics & Graphic Novels (Kindle Store)
    Paperback
    #122 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #237 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Hardcover
    #202 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #437 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Need any more proof?

Panther fans have SCREAMED her being linked to him does not benefit her. Her being with him gives the X-Office and excuse to not invest in her. Her fans flocking to his book to read her ony benefits HIM. Because that book is in his name. Little sister Shuri has the novels not Storm.

We have screamed she needs her own STUFF. They have had 10+ years to do that. 10 years.
    She sat with nothing while we saw Miles, Shuri, Moon Girl, Falcon, Riri, Spawn, Far Sector, Naomi, Duke Thomas, Doras and now a GROWING number of black lead books come out.

Yet where is this so-called way MORE popular than Black Panther-Storm at? Her fans have to get excited about ONE SHOT. When do Storm fans give a piece of their mind to the X-Office?

Because they can't keep tossing out excuses. How many more dead franchises and folks can get shots while the ones like Storm sit and wait?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It's not a misconception, that's an objective fact lol. Up until Coates, Storm had vaguely defined mystical abilities with ties to an elder god, he confirmed (where the X-office retconned away) she was in fact a goddess. C'mon we don't have to be revisionist with the history of Storm's development to make a point.

Either way I don't quite think you understand what I'm getting at, but that's ok. Like I've said, when nearly every major moment for Storm since roughly 2017 is tied to T'Challa, both in his book and in Storm's own franchise, I think it's a problem for her as an independent character. If you're fine with her being more of an ambassador for T'Challa than Gentle then that's your prerogative, but I come from the perspective of someone who'd like to see her mythos developed without relying on another franchise, least of all her ex-husband.

Which is why the refusal to permanently end the romance is weird. You'd think if they wanted complete ownership, like when T'Challa first divorced her, the X-office would do something more definitive. Instead they leave open the possibility of war with Krakoa and have her once again basically confirm they still love each other. T'Challa, as I'm sure you're aware, is a fictional character. If his mythos creeps up again in DOX to drive Storm's story, that's on the X-office, which comes back to the idea they don't seem to have a story for her that's not tied to him. But I could be wrong, all that's left to do is see. I have my hopes and my concerns, but with all the plot threads DOX established who knows.
    I get what your saying and in the end we want the same thing. Them complete sepeeeated and storm to never mention wakanda like she did in her silo and in extraodrfinary x-men both I enjoyed. Hopefully this is the last piece I would be all too happy if storm dies and comes back not remember tchalla outside of a hello when they were you g. I'm just done and exhausted having to read wakanda in my stories so on that I agree as well. But we can't act like tchalla didn't have certain behind the scenes freedoms rights and all storm didn't have. He was a placeholder because they couldn't add anything without it being given to fox or going the movies but that's over now too.
    Let storm take her home country of kenya back from wakanda and he can do his stuff with avengers etc.

It's the bp team that keep trying to pull her. Let it go.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Lol yes the inconsistencies are startling which is why I am not a fan of this couple. If done well and respected consistently by all who handle them I would be fully behind it. But given the factions of the marvel office, the best and most enduring romances tend to be those that are done in house. I'm definitely no fan of the Logan/Storm hot mess, but this may also be why some people react more positively towards it. Due to BP and Storm belong to different branches, their relationship often feels like the office struggles illustrated. It reeks of office relationships and deals. Sometimes the two sides love each other, sometimes they hate each other, sometimes they honor each other, and some time they troll each other. Storm and BP just seem to be collateral damage.
    Although, not even in-house romances from the same franchise are safe at Marvel. Remember what happened to the Peter Parker/Mary Jane Watson-Parker marriage? All it takes is for ANYONE in a position of power at Marvel to decide they don't like a certain romance in their comics for ANY reason, and it's bye-bye to THAT relationship.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think it's that deep. The x offices wanted it over and done like a lot of other x-fans and they planned it well enough to know exactly who to have write it to deal with some of the possible push back. Quite a bit of thought went into this and it was more a case of they knew exactly where they didn't want storm to be. Kudos to hickman and crew from me.
    Which to me makes no sense because, if the X-Office wants to be petty (just like in 2012) and not have her be with Black Panther AGAIN, then why agree to have her back as Black Panther's love interest AGAIN? UNLESS the plan is just to troll comic books readers and not actually break them up, just because they like to see Storm fans and Black Panther fans go at it (which in itself is a twisted, sick desire).
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Spectacular Member

I've pretty much been saying this since I got here bros, Ro needs more fleshed out development which is why you usually see me taking Ali level jabs at the x faction of marvel. Personally i don't trust them but at the same time I agree with skyvolt that Ro needs more development in house if you're looking for our Girl to be The premier marvel heroin but again I'm a little more realistic in this situation because i don't expect them to do anything major with Ro at all which is why I'm not buying the whole "storms big break" thing and i swear something like that has been promised before but never delivered so my expectations are low, I know it's an Xmen book centered around the Xmen but i ain't trynna here all that and when you see Emma and Kate i definitely ain't trynna to here all that. No way there should be so much animosity between between BP and Storm fans stuff like this shouldn't be a problem at the same time though this is why i say i don't trust Marvel or DC with black characters and the two i mentioned are at the top of the totem, all this toxic divisive virtue signaling bs just for some story telling, sorry Bro's but that's a no go for me. No way you can justify this unnecessary drama between these 2 characters, as a fan of both this is why i say i'm neutral my metaphorical bullets are aimed at these writers lackin in the daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Which to me makes no sense because, if the X-Office wants to be petty (just like in 2012) and not have her be with Black Panther AGAIN, then why agree to have her back as Black Panther's love interest AGAIN? UNLESS the plan is just to troll comic books readers and not actually break them up, just because they like to see Storm fans and Black Panther fans go at it (which in itself is a twisted, sick desire).
    Again i don't know what the deal was and i'm not into going back and forth with BP fans. I don't go to the thread won't read the book etc. i can be done now, i initally only picked it up because i was forced to follow storm there and i'm sure hudlin was intent on making it so that this was the place you had to go to see her. From my perspective there was Xtreme that ended with a new status quo she was ripped from the xbooks and pimped as BP's new wife. That led to a FF run that was okay. Doomwar that was trash, and pretty much Hudlin's entire run which was trash to me. For me as an X fan who continue reading Xbooks as well there was barely any storm then AVs X and they break up and next thing i know Storm i sback in my books i want to read so i can drop BP and go back to reading only what i want as i have very little interest in his character or wakanda no offense but not my thing at all. Then it took a whole for her to regain her stature in the xbooks but finally finally not only did she lead in extraordinary again but she is showing up in the xbooks and other places then all of a sudden Coates wants her and the next thing i know she's not the leader in the xbooks anymore, she has to recover from not being able to move a cloud and as such in the xbooks is backup again and now once again i have to pick up a book i don't want for Storm because again i have negative interest in BP and then i guess because the BP writers wanted her for some reason the xbooks should respect what they do for their home character but not the vice versa and i'm suppose to act like something is in for Storm. Naw, i'll just take lightning lass thank you.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just a supposition but...I don't think it was a decided agreement...or rather, not in the way you/we might think.
    At the time of Coates coming on to write BP the X-line was still stagnating without any clear direction and purpose (waiting for HiX-Man to say yea or nay?)...so the X-Editor at the time might have just said to Coates/Avengers editors: "Sure, knock yourself out, we really don't have any plans right now for her or most of the X-Characters really" (it could explain why he was able to use the Adversary and Selene, also).

Then HiX-Man said "YEA!"

...but Coates had already planned and written and published Storm and T'Challa reconnecting. Not a big deal really, as it was open-ended enough so as to be read as non-committal on the X-side (I don't know if it was definitely stated that they were back in a relationship in BP as I wasn't reading it)...hence the exchange between Jean and T'Challa in XM:R when Storm was knocked out under Cassie's influence.

Fast forward a couple of years later...Coates is no longer on the BP book and the X-franchise has a dedicated helmsman with a clear and definitive direction for the books and mutants...and are clearly not beholden to any other book or franchise, especially one that's currently in limbo.

Vita did what was absolutely necessary for the character, and the X-books, under the circumstances.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

The X-Office gave Storm to the BP office for the same reason the BP office wanted her. The writers and editors don't care about the characters they're supposed to be promoting lol. Coates isn't really a fan of T'Challa, not in the conventional way at least, so he imported a character that he actually wanted to write about, hence why Storm hijacked the book in Season 2.

Storm's been languishing in mediocrity under X-writers since X-treme X-Men so her editors were all too happy to once again throw her to the BP office so they could focus on mutants they actually care about. Especially after how poorly she was depicted during the whole Terrigen situation. It's a mutual mishandling of their characters by writers more interested in pushing agendas and other characters.

And even when they're separated for some reason Marvel has Storm continuing to be rooted in his franchise. Did we need her and Wolverine to come back to Wakanda when they were together? Did Storm really need to steal the retconned Skybreaker sword and create tension between two franchises? Why couldn't they just break up, never to see each other again?

Marvel likes the drama that comes with this relationship's flip-flopping, especially since Storm's own lore is so underdeveloped she relies on her ex whenever she needs a story. Despite having her own mythos that could be built up. Maybe they'll shift away from that, but the signs don't look good unless you ignore the seeds they're sowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Just a supposition but...I don't think it was a decided agreement...or rather, not in the way you/we might think.
    At the time of Coates coming on to write BP the X-line was still stagnating without any clear direction and purpose (waiting for HiX-Man to say yea or nay?)...so the X-Editor at the time might have just said to Coates/Avengers editors: "Sure, knock yourself out, we really don't have any plans right now for her or most of the X-Characters really" (it could explain why he was able to use the Adversary and Selene, also).

Then HiX-Man said "YEA!"

...but Coates had already planned and written and published Storm and T'Challa reconnecting. Not a big deal really, as it was open-ended enough so as to be read as non-committal on the X-side (I don't know if it was definitely stated that they were back in a relationship in BP as I wasn't reading it)...hence the exchange between Jean and T'Challa in XM:R when Storm was knocked out under Cassie's influence.

Fast forward a couple of years later...Coates is no longer on the BP book and the X-franchise has a dedicated helmsman with a clear and definitive direction for the books and mutants...and are clearly not beholden to any other book or franchise, especially one that's currently in limbo.

Vita did what was absolutely necessary for the character, and the X-books, under the circumstances.
    You definitely hit the nail on the head. Once the x-office established a clear plan for xbooks, whatever Coates had cooking will take a backseat to whatever Hickman has planned for her. They might be on same page with the goddess thing (and that's a huge might), but Hickman may wanted to pull Storm away from Wakanda. I suspected this last year.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Say what we may of HiX-Man but he knows his X-lore and he and his writers know how important Storm is to the X-Mythos.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Since you asked

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...09Diamond.html

Kindle sales on Amazon
    #2,418 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #6,547 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Trades on Amazon
    Storm Vol. 1: Make It Rain
    Kindle Store
    #4,015 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #4,326 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #10,329 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Paperback
    #1,504 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #3,391 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Volume 2
    Kindle
    #4,706 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #4,981 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #11,920 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Paperback
    #1,509 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #3,400 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...6/2016-04.html

Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet Book 1
    Kindle
    #33 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #38 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #44 in Comics & Graphic Novels (Kindle Store)
    Paperback
    #122 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #237 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Hardcover
    #202 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #437 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Need any more proof?

Panther fans have SCREAMED her being linked to him does not benefit her. Her being with him gives the X-Office and excuse to not invest in her. Her fans flocking to his book to read her ony benefits HIM. Because that book is in his name. Little sister Shuri has the novels not Storm.

We have screamed she needs her own STUFF. They have had 10+ years to do that. 10 years.
    She sat with nothing while we saw Miles, Shuri, Moon Girl, Falcon, Riri, Spawn, Far Sector, Naomi, Duke Thomas, Doras and now a GROWING number of black lead books come out.

Yet where is this so-called way MORE popular than Black Panther-Storm at? Her fans have to get excited about ONE SHOT. When do Storm fans give a piece of their mind to the X-Office?

Because they can't keep tossing out excuses. How many more dead franchises and folks can get shots while the ones like Storm sit and wait?
    Yup, Storm needs development in her own franchise, hence why the decision not to permanently end her connection with T'Challa is puzzling. She still has a sword that can spark a civil war in his kingdom, which potentially has implications on the economic protectorates, one of which is her homeland of Kenya. Mind you, Kenya was made a protectorate of Wakanda by the X-office lol. This same sword's theft also has the potential to spark conflict between Wakanda and Krakoa, a conflict she would obviously play a big role in.

And in the garbage issue this sword was introduced (Marauderd #13), they both proclaimed their love for one another and T'Challa (written by an X-writer) keeps open the option of diplomacy and her continuing to visit, just on different terms. Why even float that as a possibility if the intention was to keep them apart? Wakandans are going to be in the upcoming SWORD book. Wakanda was colored Red in HoX/PoX by Hickman, showing they have a role to play in DOX, much like Franklin Richards.

In X-Force we learn that Krakoa puts sanctions on and has a policy of regime change in non-treaty nations (like Wakanda), indicating a desire to dethrone T'Challa at some point. What is it with the X-office and Black Panther? I don't see why they're forcing these interactions, most of which relate back to a character who he shouldn't be involved with. Storm's autonomy is handicapped by all these plot threads relating to T'Challa and most of them involve conflict and tension. And of course T'Challa won't come out these interactions looking great either, if Ayala's Marauders is any indication.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Well...
    Wait, 200$ l hope a diamond is included
    Not a diamond lmaooooooo

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Say what we may of HiX-Man but he knows his X-lore and he and his writers know how important Storm is to the X-Mythos.
    I wouldn't say anything vita did in marauders 13 was necessary bruv. The only thing it did was reinforce unneeded drama between the two characters that should've went in a different way, no ones questioning John boys knowledge on X lore but at the same time this sword event isn't exactly something that would be considered as "a big story" not even for the Xmen. I mean it was pretty clear that the HiXMan era was in full force, Marvels YT channel wouldn't shut the hell up about it which leads to my previous comment about "Continuity" and in terms of the Xmen you can see that perfectly as it makes me believe they are written in a vacuum i mean honestly other than AvX (which was clear that said event was cooperate whoo ha behind the scenes due to movie rights) and the thing with skarlet witch and a few minor references to Krakoa no xmen story really effects the MU as a whole. In terms of storm and her link to BP i don't find that as an issue but at same time my issue is primarily the Xmen not giving the character the proper means and story potential go beyond just a lightning jobber which may be cool with Jwatson but it ain't cool with me especially when you take into account that Ro is black and a woman which honestly makes her depiction waaayyy more controversial also considering the whole "Storm doesn't look like you're average negro" chestnut by the old comix and it seems she can't have links to characters outside the X continuity without it being seen as a big deal to the point of complaints. As a storm fan i expect more of the character and that means expanding beyond just the xmen, i got no sympathy for these writers at all and in terms of storm characterization i don't approve of depictions that make her seem like she's wit the shits but unfortunately it ain't up to ya boy but if it was guarantee Ro would be in the forefront of the MU. I already know what i want from her character but idk about the rest of yall and yeah i can tell a good majority of yall aren't BP fans and that's cool but when ya don't expand your horizon to other characters you're basically a bias one trick pony that make assumptions about stuff ya don't know and that's not good, no disrespect.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I've largely stayed away from the BP/Storm relationship situation because I've pretty much said my peace. I'm not going to get into any kind of pissing contest on who did what to who or who benefits because it's moot.

Under the current conditions, a BP/Storm relationship cannot work for reasons well documented by both sides of the debate. Marvel however will continue to hang on to it as it's been well used as a plot point to provide tension for each character and fan base. We've had dozens of threads, hundreds of posts and multiple bannings because of it.

I refuse to participate anymore. First and foremost I'm a staunch BP fan but I also have an interest in seeing Storm and other Black mutants do well. Going forward, my comments regarding Storm will be solely about her role and usage in X-books. I will be as critical(good and bad) of her portrayals as I am of BP's. I'm saying all of this so that my position is clear and understand. The BP/Storm relationship no longer matters to me because it no longer matters to Marvel in any good way.
    I'm not going to ever give up on tchalla/ororo but the who did what to who conversation is old and pointless. However, if we are taking score Storm was f@cked up for what she did to Wakanda in the latest issue of Marauders. She was irredeemable in that issue as she was shown to be a liar, impatient, deceptive and impulsive. All for what? To wait for six other people to show up. She was the only character shown to be so crazed at getting her sword and irrationally so.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not going to ever give up on tchalla/ororo but the who did what to who conversation is old and pointless. However, if we are taking score Storm was f@cked up for what she did to Wakanda in the latest issue of Marauders. She was irredeemable in that issue as she was shown to be a liar, impatient, deceptive and impulsive. All for what? To wait for six other people to show up. She was the only character shown to be so crazed at getting her sword and irrationally so.
    BK, I hope you are well rewarded for your devotion.

As far as Storm and Marauders #13, all I will say is this: Vita completed the assignment handed to them.