Page 370 of 613 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 9190

She also plays important role at the last few pages.

What a strange team for Ororo; Cypher, Fantomex, an AIM merc, and Monet?

I hope Hickman does something good with them. These Giant Size issues have been underwhelming overall. Kinda hard to see where's he's going with all this.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    What a strange team for Ororo; Cypher, Fantomex, and AIM merc, and Monet?

I hope Hickman does something good with them. These Giant Size issues have been underwhelming overall. Kinda hard to see where's he's going with all this.
    Yeah, the issue is a bit all over the place, only the last few pages make sense, because they are direct follow-up after Emma and Jean, Giant Size X-Men.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Something really important is happening with Storm at Fantomex guys! I recommend you check it out!

Giant-Size X-Men: Fantomex (2020) #1

Attachment 99457

She says she is about to die and the only way to heal herself is in the World...
    let me say I will just reserve my thoughts until I read her giant size issue. trying to remain optimistic. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I agree this issue really fell flat for me honestly.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree this issue really fell flat for me honestly.
    Like, this was better than the Nightcrawler and Magneto ones, but it was essentially just a retelling of Morrison's Fantomex origin, with a few more layers(that don't even make sense with established continuity in terms of how many decades they skipped there, and the cameos and references made).

I dunno. I know Hickman can do great issues when he wants to. Let's hope he saved all his creative juices in this Giant Size series for Storm's issue.

BANNED

GS:Fantomex wasn’t really bad. I’d rank it above Magneto. I’m curious as to why Storm picked those people to Journey with her into The World. I’m actually very excited for GS:Storm even more.

Empyre: X-Men and GS: Fantomex was good to me.

As for Deadpool it’s whatever. It’s just silly foolishness to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Storm is immune to the elements. Don't let lovell crop writing come to dilute what Claremont expressed many times in regards to her power set:

I know this pages is from Uncanny X-Men #168 but, was this particular mystery ever followed up on?

See, I secretly been thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I know this pages is from Uncanny X-Men #168 but, was this particular mystery ever followed up on?
    The story took place just before she went to Japan and lost her Goddess mode and started her mohawk moment,

The whole becoming a leader, being stuck in space and dealing with the Brood, really throw Storm for a loop.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-05-2020 at 02:33 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    GS:Fantomex wasn’t really bad. I’d rank it above Magneto. I’m curious as to why Storm picked those people to Journey with her into The World. I’m actually very excited for GS:Storm even more.

Empyre: X-Men and GS: Fantomex was good to me.

As for Deadpool it’s whatever. It’s just silly foolishness to me.
    Gotta agree with you. GS: Fantomex wasn't perfect, but it was good, especially knowing that Storm will play a major role there and she will adventure in The World.

As always I loved this issue of Empyre: X-Men, I f*cking loved how Magic summoned all available psychics to Genosha, I wonder what her plan is, and seeing so many show up, it was really cool and intriguing. I am not too sure, but I think the fat guy at the left background is Shadow King, I am not sure who is the guy next to Kid Omega, but he looks really familiar.

32.jpg

You mean Exodus? In pink?

Like, this was better than the Nightcrawler and Magneto ones, but it was essentially just a retelling of Morrison's Fantomex origin, with a few more layers(that don't even make sense with established continuity in terms of how many decades they skipped there, and the cameos and references made).

I dunno. I know Hickman can do great issues when he wants to. Let's hope he saved all his creative juices in this Giant Size series for Storm's issue.
    another storm friend on a different platform had mentioned it would be great to see her call out to Oshtur or Gaea for help instead of going to the world. had that been the premise I would have been going crazy. I never read any.of the Morrison stuff so maybe thats why I don't appreciate what I read today. but here's to hoping

what do you mean when you say mystery? as to why her powers were wonky? if you are talking about that yes it would be later addressed when she later met Yukio and then went punk.

Gotta agree with you. GS: Fantomex wasn't perfect, but it was good, especially knowing that Storm will play a major role there and she will adventure in The World.

As always I loved this issue of Empyre: X-Men, I f*cking loved how Magic summoned all available psychics to Genosha, I wonder what her plan is, and seeing so many show up, it was really cool and intriguing. I am not too sure, but I think the fat guy at the left background is Shadow King, I am not sure who is the guy next to Kid Omega, but he looks really familiar.

32.jpg
    I thought Magik today was the mvp. I thought she had a really good showing and it was good to see one of the generals in action in the capacity that was earlier referenced back when Hickman revealed their positions.

Not explicitly. I always thought this was a reflection of her body being regenerated in the Acanti/the general sense of ungroundedness she felt from all those weeks-months in space away from Earth/her internal disharmony over the killing of the Broodling/committing suicide(which most people don't seem to grasp about her galactic core feat; she let go after killing the Broodling to kill herself, in recompense for breaking her vow of no killing she made after she killed her would be rapists at age 12). So, while it's not directly followed up with, so to speak, it is connected to her powers going out of control in Japan a few issues later, which ended up burning a lot of her hair off, which was the impetus for her punk reinvention(as well as Yukio's, and to a certain extent, Callisto's, influence).

32.jpg
    WHat you should be worried about. Magik summoned all the telepaths with questionable morals...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.