Page 31 of 613 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131531 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i wish the first solo gave ororo . a specific task, original villains and a couple of specific supoort characthers, marisol was a great start but the series was too much references and not enough new stuff that all solo characthers need :/, i love it but it felt more like an antalogy series about ororo's history than on ongoing trying to increase her strenght as a solo characther.

but the x-office is terrible with allowing non wolvie characthers having consistent solos.
    i think its an overarching issue, with ororo being the main and most anoyingly frustrating product of said issue.
    you described the series perfectly. it did read like a greatest hits book versus trying carve out a new path for the character on the mcu.

also your last point is so very true as well. I would love to see the xoffices give her a solo series much like captain marvel is getting one. but I'm over cyclops/jean/emma and other white characters being the drivers of the franchise. ororo, if she was real, would have a much greater presence in the world beyond being an assist fo kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Ugh! Why does great music like this not exist anymore!
    it sure doesnt boo. it's a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That is encouraging, but his third sentence is concerning.
    why is the third sentence concerning?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why is the third sentence concerning?
    When he says characters have different velocities as different times, it says to me he feels that he doesn't need to develop Storm because she is being developed in BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    When he says characters have different velocities as different times, it says to me he feels that he doesn't need to develop Storm because she is being developed in BP.
    honestly so as long as they reinforce what coates has done I'm not fairly interested in them developing her in the xbooks. what has she gotten so far? of all the things that has happened thus far greatest development is being an omega. beyond that it's been pretty much the same where she is there for the support of another character. whether it was supporting cyclops during schism, supporting Logan when he was running the school, or supporting kitty in gold and now kate in mauraders her development in the new era of xbooks have primarily hinged around other characters development and it doesnt appear to be changing anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Good points. I always take a "wait-and-see" approach with the X-titles, especially when it comes to Storm. Writers, editors, etc. can say whatever they want about her, but until I see it committed to the comic panels I remain skeptical.

I also would like to see Kymera return and have more of her history/story explored. I want her and Storm to have a positive relationship with one another. I felt their previous dealings with each another were very lackluster/under-whelming. I also think Kymera had a cool look. It wasn't anything over-the-top but it still worked:

The striped panther-avatar was pretty cool too.
    the thing with kymera was both odd/interesting and expected. it seemed someone thought she was a concept interesting enough to create to further develop tchalla and Ororo's connection, which in itself was odd seeing this was a concept derived from the xoffices; however, the expected part was that the concept was eventually forgotten as kymera disappeared into nonexistence. you then had the later and tragic reveal about major x. instead of further developing kymera they again try to bring everything back to the Summers clan. I'm glad that major x was not from 616 storm and would find it nice if kymera were to reappear at some point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

he said he likes his storm:

Attachment 91867
    The problem I have with this is that it didn't stop them from using Wolverine from being in multiple books(even multiple solo books at the same time). I don't see how Storm being used in BP is somehow hindering her from having more development in the X-books.

But I guess that's the reasoning behind her lack of further development in X-world.

I wonder what they have planned for Storm that they have to wait until Coates is done(another 2 years).

Can't the PTB just do their Storm story?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The problem I have with this is that it didn't stop them from using Wolverine from being in multiple books(even multiple solo books at the same time). I don't see how Storm being used in BP is somehow hindering her from having more development in the X-books.

But I guess that's the reasoning behind her lack of further development in X-world.
    I 100% agree. First I know writers and creative teams dont have to address fans' concerns; however, when they do respond I tend to expect these responses. they arent going to say they dont write certain characters because they are not their fave or they are editorially mandated to include them but dont really care to develop them. that's when we get "big things are in store for fill in the blank character." I remember challenging Guggenheim in person about storms godhood. he said he didnt think she was a god and then I asked had he read BP. his response was that he had not. now I know there was zero chance he was wasnt aware of what was happening in coates book; however, he said to me what he did to get out of a potential contested exchange. that is what I see these response as - a way to placate fans without having to reveal their truth which is they simply dont care to develop them.

I 100% agree. First I know writers and creative teams dont have to address fans' concerns; however, when they do respond I tend to expect these responses. they arent going to say they dont write certain characters because they are not their fave or they are editorially mandated to include them but dont really care to develop them. that's when we get "big things are in store for fill in the blank character." I remember challenging Guggenheim in person about storms godhood. he said he didnt think she was a god and then I asked had he read BP. his response was that he had not. now I know there was zero chance he was wasnt aware of what was happening in coates book; however, he said to me what he did to get out of a potential contested exchange. that is what I see these response as - a way to placate fans without having to reveal their truth which is they simply dont care to develop them.
    Honestly, I know writers really don't owe fans anything but treating the characters with respect.

With that said, if they aren't going to be honest about their motives, then either don't engage or just don't answer the question. These creators aren't deaf and they hear the chatter from fans.

I don't expect them to always respond and I don't expect them to placate fans but just engage honestly, even if it's just to tell someone to bug off.

They know that they will be asked questions about what plans they have for titles/characters so be prepared to answer or don't respond.

BANNED

Ororo needs to, in my personal opinion: be more present in x-men, since i did enjoy her a lot in issue one, a great balance of her fierce nature and more caring side, "i will never get tired of uplifting our people" is a wonderfull line, hickman's storm was much better than i expected, and overall, more as a presence in the council and krakoan issues.

Second: into a main leader role of an x-book, preference x-corp since its previous incarnation was global + its spiritual sucessor, mutants sans frontiers, was funded by wakanda when she was queen, she is the perfect face for such a book, but im doubtfull of it since the track record isnt in our favor.

Third and best option: have her solo, a proper one with the full intentions to be as sucessfull and impactfull as possible, talented artist with a knack for design that can give us a new costume, new villains, a whole concept around ororo

last thoughts, last mauraders issue was good in terms of ororo, but the 80's teen crush effect kate puts on every book she shows up recently makes me dread when both fight in the same page,. Overall, its absolutly not living up to what a characther of ororo's status deserves and needs, but after these last years im at least not barfing each time she shows up, plus coates work on her is now being recognized wich makes me happy.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-19-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Ororo needs to, in my personal opinion: be more present in x-men, since i did enjoy her a lot in issue one, a great balance of her fierce nature and more caring side, "i will never get tired of uplifting our people" is a wonderfull line, hickman's storm was much better than i expected, and overall as a presence in the council and krakoan issues.

Second: into a main leader role of an x-book, preference x-corp since its previous incarnation was global + its spiritual sucessor, mutants sans frontiers, was funded by wakanda when she was queen, she is the perfect face for such a book, but im doubtfull of it since the track record isnt in our favor.

Third and best option: have her solo, a proper one with the full intentions to be as sucessfull and impactfull as possible, talented artist with a knack for design that can give us a new costume, new villains, a whole concept around ororo

last thoughts, last mauraders issue was good in terms of ororo, but the 80's teen crush effect kate puts on every book she shows up recently makes me dread when both fight in the same page,. Overall, its absolutly not living up to what a characther of ororo's status deserves and needs, but after these last years im at least not barfing each time she shows up, plus coates work on her is now being recognized wich makes me happy.
    I think like most of us that Storm should have her own team and book. They aren't going to have her overshadow Kitty/Kate in Marauders. She's on the Quiet Council but they seem to have her playing hostess.

At some point, I'd like to see her put her foot down and be boss about things she'd like to see done with mutantkind and at some point, establishing ties with sympathetic humans who want to work and live with mutants. And not just on Krakoa.

Honestly, I know writers really don't owe fans anything but treating the characters with respect.

With that said, if they aren't going to be honest about their motives, then either don't engage or just don't answer the question. These creators aren't deaf and they hear the chatter from fans.

I don't expect them to always respond and I don't expect them to placate fans but just engage honestly, even if it's just to tell someone to bug off.

They know that they will be asked questions about what plans they have for titles/characters so be prepared to answer or don't respond.
    yup agreed to all of this. I will say from his response i don't see ororos influence with any of the xstories growing in the near future. that's why imma cling to Coates until given a reason to also invest in xstories.

BANNED

if the oportunity shows itself of humans wanting to work with mutants on equal terms and the council refuses, sure, but i really dont think a woman who has lived so much and endured so much would be the one to foolishly belive in the very rare, once in a blue moon kindness of the humans.
    one angle could be african communities that relied on their mutants before wanna sephora maximofies came and ruined it all, her compassion could create beautifull stories in that sort of setting

I wonder what they have planned for Storm that they have to wait until Coates is done(another 2 years).

Can't the PTB just do their Storm story?
    they have nothing planned unless they planning to undo everything coates has done lol.

if the oportunity shows itself of humans wanting to work with mutants on equal terms and the council refuses, sure, but i really dont think a woman who has lived so much and endured so much would be the one to foolishly belive in the very rare, once in a blue moon kindness of the humans.
    one angle could be african communities that relied on their mutants before wanna sephora maximofies came and ruined it all, her compassion could create beautifull stories in that sort of setting
    She married and is currently dating a human. She's worshipped as a goddess by humans. She's made great friends with humans.

It's not foolish to believe that there are good humans just as it's foolish to believe all mutants are good.

Ororo needs to, in my personal opinion: be more present in x-men, since i did enjoy her a lot in issue one, a great balance of her fierce nature and more caring side, "i will never get tired of uplifting our people" is a wonderfull line, hickman's storm was much better than i expected, and overall, more as a presence in the council and krakoan issues.

you make a lot of great points. when we look at the character historically and her inclusion (claremont days) her being more present would make the most sense. her connections as well as powerset would allow for her to play a greater role than she is currently but as you said I'm happy they are recognizing coates work. it is very encouraging.

yup agreed to all of this. I will say from his response i don't see ororos influence with any of the xstories growing in the near future. that's why imma cling to Coates until given a reason to also invest in xstories.
    That's the feeling I get. I'd love to be proven wrong though.