Page 354 of 613 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that is a good point her skin has been all over the place loll I died when I saw purple lol

I want her elemental form to be used sparingly and only when battles require, just like I think her goddess power should be used as well.
    Not to be funny, but it’s the truth.

Now here’s the problem I have with that. The Elemental Being Concept and Goddess Storm Concept TO ME IMO. Can be separated.
    What do I mean? Storm transcending or transforming her physical body to that of any Element can be seen as another reason why Storm is a Omega Level mutant. Just like How Iceman does it Storm can do the same. OR we make it a Secondary Mutation.
    As for Goddess Storm is a completely different beast and different subset of her powers.

I guess what I’m tryna say is. Do you guys WANT Elemental Form to actually be Storms Goddess Form?? Or different.

Because truthfully you can split the two and Storm is even more powerful.

Just sayin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I even think Black Panther and Monica Lynne were engaged at one point (in one of those Black Panther graphic novels from the 1980's from Don McGregor), but we all know they never eventually got married. Same editorial office, but plans didn't work out for whatever reason.
    FYI the editors for the engagement and the separation were two different folks.

Panther's Prey editors were Terry Kavanagh, Kelly Corvese & Mark Power Head editor Tom Deflaco

Black Panther issue 27 (Priest) was Tom Brevoort Head Editor Joe Q.

A 10 year gap and there was no BP book until 1999.

As with Peter and Mary Jane, Green Arrow/Black Carney, Nightwing/Starfire, Wally/Linda West-the folks breaking up these relationships were NOT the same folks who approved them.

Anyway, I see what you mean. Although, I don’t see how it would matter. Storm hasn’t been the correct Skin Color for a long as time. She’s Been: Dark Skin, Light Skin, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Dark Shad of Purple etc. she’s everywhere.
    However if you go with her changing colors ala Sunspot. Guess what you COULD end up with.

You give her an elemental form-don't THINK FOR A SECOND they won't leave her like that.
    Or use it for "OTHER" reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

Now here’s the problem I have with that. The Elemental Being Concept and Goddess Storm Concept TO ME IMO. Can be separated.
    What do I mean? Storm transcending or transforming her physical body to that of any Element can be seen as another reason why Storm is a Omega Level mutant. Just like How Iceman does it Storm can do the same. OR we make it a Secondary Mutation.
    As for Goddess Storm is a completely different beast and different subset of her powers.

I guess what I’m tryna say is. Do you guys WANT Elemental Form to actually be Storms Goddess Form?? Or different.

Just sayin
    I am more for her Elemental form being an ascension of her Godhood, and her Godhood itself to be a separate thing like a Pantheon journey. In other words, something among the lines of 60/40.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    FYI the editors for the engagement and the separation were two different folks.

Panther's Prey editors were Terry Kavanagh, Kelly Corvese & Mark Power Head editor Tom Deflaco

Black Panther issue 27 (Priest) was Tom Brevoort Head Editor Joe Q.

A 10 year gap and there was no BP book until 1999.

As with Peter and Mary Jane, Green Arrow/Black Carney, Nightwing/Starfire, Wally/Linda West-the folks breaking up these relationships were NOT the same folks who approved them.
    Sure, but all these characters were still handled by the same respective editorial offices. To me, just because the people who broke up the relationships weren't the same as the ones who put them together, doesn't take away from the fact that these characters were in the same respective editorial offices and still could not remain intact as a couple.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Just sayin
    I know but it was still funny lol.

The elemental form can be as you said separate from the goddess power. I just figured this could be a way to know when she is in goddess mode, the elemental form could be a visual indication of her being in that mode.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The elemental form can be as you said separate from the goddess power. I just figured this could be a way to know when she is in goddess mode, the elemental form could be a visual indication of her being in that mode.
    It just sounds like too much to me. Goddess Mode, Elemental. I say we just link it all together and move forward. We bout to turn storm into a Saiyan. Rogue Storm Storm, Elemental Storm, Goddess Mode Storm. She just needs to commune all of her powers and give her durability. Hercules and Thor don't need another form to be durable.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I am more for her Elemental form being an ascension of her Godhood, and her Godhood itself to be a separate thing like a Pantheon journey. In other words, something among the lines of 60/40.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It just sounds like too much to me. Goddess Mode, Elemental. I say we just link it all together and move forward. We bout to turn storm into a Saiyan. Rogue Storm Storm, Elemental Storm, Goddess Mode Storm. She just needs to commune all of her powers and give her durability. Hercules and Thor don't need another form to be durable.
    I see what y’all mean.

Personally, I’d say Call the Elemental Form a Secondary Mutation. And Goddess Form is something different and CALL IT A DAY.

this storm is perpetually a goddess then a creates a scenario where she will be too OP Kinda like the whole Phoenix thing. her being able to tap into the ability only when necessary at least gives writers who don't want to deal with it an out as she doesn't become so powerful for the story a writer wants to tell.

I see what y’all mean.

Personally, I’d say Call the Elemental Form a Secondary Mutation. And Goddess Form is something different and CALL IT A DAY.
    does an elemebtal form typically fall under the category of secondary mutation? I don't think this is the case with iceman.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Sure, but all these characters were still handled by the same respective editorial offices. To me, just because the people who broke up the relationships weren't the same as the ones who put them together, doesn't take away from the fact that these characters were in the same respective editorial offices and still could not remain intact as a couple.
    You are talking about a 10 year gap with different staff.

You are dealing with whole new attitudes. Especially if some one HIGHER up is ordering stuff.

We saw what one employee did to the Fantastic Four.

NOTHING is stopping someone from the top saying give both new love interests to match the movie universe. Especially after all the claims to increase black awareness.

I can get more money from Panther/Monica and Storm/ New Person than the two together. At least for awhile.

BANNED

does an elemebtal form typically fall under the category of secondary mutation? I don't think this is the case with iceman.
    It can go both ways:

Emma Frost Diamond Form - Secondary Mutation.

Iceman Ice-Form - Mutant Power Evolved to a greater Height(Not a Secondary Mutation).

Storm’s Elemental Form can go either direction. Like Emma’s or Like Bobby.

this storm is perpetually a goddess then a creates a scenario where she will be too OP Kinda like the whole Phoenix thing. her being able to tap into the ability only when necessary at least gives writers who don't want to deal with it an out as she doesn't become so powerful for the story a writer wants to tell.

If thor, hercules, carol, hulk, can be these all powerful characters and that doesn't create a problem for story i'm not sure why it should for storm. if the writers can't make threats big enough they must not be good writers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

If thor, hercules, carol, hulk, can be these all powerful characters and that doesn't create a problem for story i'm not sure why it should for storm. if the writers can't make threats big enough they must not be good writers.
    oh no I think it is a lame excuse but honestly with all of the powerhouses on krakoa it may work now.

It can go both ways:

Emma Frost Diamond Form - Secondary Mutation.

Iceman Ice-Form - Mutant Power Evolved to a greater Height(Not a Secondary Mutation).

Storm’s Elemental Form can go either direction. Like Emma’s or Like Bobby.
    gotcha! I thought secondary mutations were separate from the main power though? Emma is also is not an elemental

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You are talking about a 10 year gap with different staff.

You are dealing with whole new attitudes. Especially if some one HIGHER up is ordering stuff.

We saw what one employee did to the Fantastic Four.

NOTHING is stopping someone from the top saying give both new love interests to match the movie universe. Especially after all the claims to increase black awareness.

I can get more money from Panther/Monica and Storm/ New Person than the two together. At least for awhile.
    isn't Monica dead?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-01-2020 at 08:13 PM.

oh no I think it is a lame excuse but honestly with all of the powerhouses on krakoa it may work now.

gotcha! I thought secondary mutations were separate from the main power though? Emma is also is not an elemental

isn't Monica dead?
    The secondary mutation is more like entirely different power set, like for example if Storm is energy bender or weather manipulator, which comes from her Energy manipulation, her ascension to Elemental form is still part of that set...

Now if... let's say if she starts to bend the metal itself, which is not part of her main power, then this is a second mutation.

In other words, the second mutation is a mutation power which has nothing to do with the main power.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    The secondary mutation is more like entirely different power set, like for example if Storm is energy bender or weather manipulator, which comes from her Energy manipulation, her ascension to Elemental form is still part of that set...

Now if... let's say if she starts to bend the metal itself, which is not part of her main power, then this is a second mutation.

In other words, the second mutation is a mutation power which has nothing to do with the main power.
    yes this is what I thought so I don't think based upon this her turning to an elemental being would be a secondary mutation

BANNED

Where did you get the idea that Monica Rambeau was dead?