Page 120 of 613 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 9190

Nice topic.
    Maybe both Cats are Storm. One White mane lioness and one Female Panther.
    But they both did look like a lion pair tho.
    "Who are you to me?"

Yes I too have been waiting for a decent space feat since the Brood.
    But it seem it's usually space lighting or EMP or atmosphere related (granted it is her power set)
    But i'm still looking for something major like the Solar wind or Galactic core feat. I wanna see Storm control some space clouds , which are just gasses and energy to do massive feat. A Solar Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thanks beloved.

I just have to say this again because it's worthy of being said: Coates knocked this issue off the freaking planet. Wind rider made reference to Ororo needing to commune to the elements when inside the acanti. back in uncanny 166 Storm did this to protect herself and the acanti healing her body:

Since then we have had writers demonstrate her ability to use her powers in space, specifically duffie; however, more modern writers wished to reduce her to needing weather to use her power:

However, Ta'Nahesi Coates would later come along and tie Ororo and her abilities back to what Claremont had initially established years ago. Since BP issue 17 back in August of 2017, Coates has been steadily revealing to us his understanding of canon and her abilities. He told us her gift of godhead was greater than any mutation and from there he has been peeling back the different layers of this gift. Yes let's be clear this has been his only reference about her mutation and its importance as it relates to her. To conclude her display in BP 21 was due to her omega abilities would require you to ignore a story three years in the making. It wasnt until black history month of 2020 almost 3 years later that Coates completed the circle and showed us just how deep his understanding of Ororos ability are. So much so it mirrors almost exactly how Claremont described it back in issue 166.

I've seen the criticism and hate from some but I for one am so grateful for what he has done for the character. Not even a few years ago Storm fans would have been banned or called fanboys for saying she was a goddess or could make plants grow, or she could beat characters like Adversary and yet here we are. I certainly believe this development in his book made it impossible to ignore the power she possessed which led the way to the eventual announcement she is an omega. All of this, what we are enjoying now as Storm fans, what we have been craving for so long is not only because of Coates and his clear understanding of the character. But also because Hudlin cared enough to put these two together. It all has brought her to the deliciousness we have now. So for black history month I thank and appreciate what Coates has done for this character and I hope that continues to positively impact her growth for the many years to come. Who would have thought when she first appeared in his books early in '16/17 in the BP books we would be at this point.

That said, give this man his due as he changed the trajectory for this character and he should be celebrated for it!!!! I dare you to name another writer (not named claremont) who has developed her in the degree he has, especially considering she is just a supporting character in his book.

#hadariyao
    #forevercoates
    The BP franchise has done some major work and a lot of back and forth.
    Hudlin did elevate Shuri Before the MCU. And now she's a valuable asset for the franchise, just off the movies alone. Maybe now is the time to reevaluate Storm role in the franchise. I get the sense the Xditor are not too friendly with her being off the reservation, just assuming the Xditor have final say when it comes to her which is why I felt the BP franchise has had some small breathing room with her. But I would love for her to be a permanent Member. I really can't see why she can't do both. Personal the way Coates handles her within is awesome. She regularly shows up. Mostly as a Person and driving the plot. And every now and again get to be the Super woman and save the day.
    I really fell the BP franchise really needs more than one book.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Nice topic.
    "Who are you to me?"
    this is what I thought. everything we saw in her mind was her.... because it's her mind. however, these two cats could have been a representation of yin and yang, the balance of all natural things (male and female). And maybe even it could be a representation of her and tchallas love for each other. But ultimately it's all her.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-27-2020 at 10:24 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The BP franchise has done some major work and a lot of back and forth.
    Hudlin did elevate Shuri Before the MCU. And now she's a valuable asset for the franchise, just off the movies alone. Maybe now is the time to reevaluate Storm role in the franchise. I get the sense the Xditor are not too friendly with her being off the reservation, just assuming the Xditor have final say when it comes to her which is why I felt the BP franchise has had some small breathing room with her. But I would love for her to be a permanent Member. I really can't see why she can't do both. Personal the way Coates handles her within is awesome. She regularly shows up. Mostly as a Person and driving the plot. And every now and again get to be the Super woman and save the day.
    I really fell the BP franchise really needs more than one book.
    very interesting point. I had mentioned when coates started having BP and Storm date that maybe it was because of something that was to come. at the time some BP fans had mentioned it would not stick because marvel was going for synergy and since he was with nakia then it t'choro was not happening. however, with the merger and an interest from fans that these two get together who is to say she how more integrated she will become to the BP the mythos . as you said I'm not why she couldnt do both.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm was beautiful even while unconscious in Giant Sized X-Men (she must have had a lot of practice from X-Men Gold...)
    That Black Panther feat looked awesome. I hope she has more cool showings like that in actual X-books.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Don't make me smack some sense into you.

Really? Panthers?......................................... ...........
    That is what you call a LION and the one Next to the LION is what you call a LIONESS. OR if you want it can be a Panther.

Sweet Jesus i'm going to need to take ya'll BACK to Kindergarden *mumbling to myself* these kids think Lions are Panther's Lawd I tell you this Generation..........
    So much violence for a Friday. Wow.

LOL. He smacked the **** out of that other guy. Wait, weren't you the one who said Sue went overboard when she attacked Magneto? Well. Well. Look who's violent pne now. Hmm. I knew you had it in you.

I think LordAllMighty is right. Take a look at the tail on each cat. The one with the mane has a tufted tail, which is normal for a lion. But the other one does not. That is a panther's tail.

LOL. I can't believe I'm having a convo about the tail of freakin predatory cats.

Lion.jpg

Panther.jpg
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 02-28-2020 at 07:30 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I doubt Dauterman did research on great cat anatomy for that book.
    "Cable was right!"

this is what I thought. everything we saw in her mind was her.... because it's her mind. however, these two cats could have been a representation of yin and yang, the balance of all natural things (male and female). And maybe even it could be a representation of her and tchallas love for each other. But ultimately it's all her.
    Yin and Yang works well, actually, especially considering the way their heads were positioned. I also thought, and maybe someone already mentioned it here, that the lion with the white mane was her mutant self and the panther (yes, I'm claiming it as a panther, Stormphoenix) represented her Wakandan-elevated godhood. Now, while I loved the silent issue for its stunning images, this kind of guessing is the downside of having little to no dialogue.

Yin.jpg
    Storm Bast 2.jpg
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 02-28-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I doubt Dauterman did research on great cat anatomy for that book.
    Why not? It's what artists do. The tuft is clearly drawn and colored to match the white mane; whereas, the other cat's tale is different. He could've drawn the same tale on both and simply had the colorist make the tip of one white but that's not what's on the page. This isn't a big deal at all. I'm just musing "aloud" with you guys.

BANNED

another thought: Ororo has been working tirelessly for krakoa, to the point even cyclops, mr im gonna shove all my issues inside for the sake of the team, was worried about her, always there to uplift the ressurections.
    Its a very common troupe that black women cant have moments of weakness and tenderness, I felt the issue was sweet and caring and tender that these 2 rivals came together to help her, because she deserves it.
    I felt it was special to see Ororo being taken care off for once, if that makes sense.

thanks beloved.

I just have to say this again because it's worthy of being said: Coates knocked this issue off the freaking planet. Wind rider made reference to Ororo needing to commune to the elements when inside the acanti. back in uncanny 166 Storm did this to protect herself and the acanti healing her body:

Since then we have had writers demonstrate her ability to use her powers in space, specifically duffie; however, more modern writers wished to reduce her to needing weather to use her power:

However, Ta'Nahesi Coates would later come along and tie Ororo and her abilities back to what Claremont had initially established years ago. Since BP issue 17 back in August of 2017, Coates has been steadily revealing to us his understanding of canon and her abilities. He told us her gift of godhead was greater than any mutation and from there he has been peeling back the different layers of this gift. Yes let's be clear this has been his only reference about her mutation and its importance as it relates to her. To conclude her display in BP 21 was due to her omega abilities would require you to ignore a story three years in the making. It wasnt until black history month of 2020 almost 3 years later that Coates completed the circle and showed us just how deep his understanding of Ororos ability are. So much so it mirrors almost exactly how Claremont described it back in issue 166.

I've seen the criticism and hate from some but I for one am so grateful for what he has done for the character. Not even a few years ago Storm fans would have been banned or called fanboys for saying she was a goddess or could make plants grow, or she could beat characters like Adversary and yet here we are. I certainly believe this development in his book made it impossible to ignore the power she possessed which led the way to the eventual announcement she is an omega. All of this, what we are enjoying now as Storm fans, what we have been craving for so long is not only because of Coates and his clear understanding of the character. But also because Hudlin cared enough to put these two together. It all has brought her to the deliciousness we have now. So for black history month I thank and appreciate what Coates has done for this character and I hope that continues to positively impact her growth for the many years to come. Who would have thought when she first appeared in his books early in '16/17 in the BP books we would be at this point.

That said, give this man his due as he changed the trajectory for this character and he should be celebrated for it!!!! I dare you to name another writer (not named claremont) who has developed her in the degree he has, especially considering she is just a supporting character in his book.

#hadariyao
    #forevercoates
    you know seeing this scan now makes me wonder if it is really even energy sight or can be classified as such. It seems more like an internal sense or energy patterns. I mean in the image above she is inside a cocoon healing inside the Acanti and in theory she is looking through the eyes of the Acanti and still interpreting the world around her as patterns of energy but through the eyes of another using her abilities. Never really wondered about it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Nice topic.
    "Who are you to me?"
    The only thing that stops me from thinking they could have been two sides of ororo is that they would know what each woman's connection to ororo was if they were.

They remind me of the lions from the story that was told a few years back when Storm was travelling in Africa with the lions. I'm pretty sure it was drawn by Chris Bachalo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The only thing that stops me from thinking they could have been two sides of ororo is that they would know what each woman's connection to ororo was if they were.

They remind me of the lions from the story that was told a few years back when Storm was travelling in Africa with the lions. I'm pretty sure it was drawn by Chris Bachalo.
    Nah. Those were tigers Storm had shortly after Decimation. Girl has a thing for every member of the cat family.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Nah. Those were tigers Storm had shortly after Decimation. Girl has a thing for every member of the cat family.

yes that's correct