Page 574 of 613 FirstFirst ... 74474524564570571572573574575576577578584 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 9190
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I been trying to figure it out too. The closet i can think is the mkron crystal. (or however it's spelled.)
    I think it's called M'Kraan crystal, but those tend to be pink don't they? Maybe it's corrupted by a techno-virus. I think it's probably related to the upcoming Shi'ar story arc. Probably gets introduced there then in typical Hickman fashion we'll have to wait half a year before it all makes sense. Real excited that he might be taking a personal role in Storm's development.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Storm is the only prominent woman of color Marvel has. She's the only top tier woman of color in comics period. You feature M or White Tiger prominently in a variant and people are gonna be wondering who they are. But Storm was written in such a way where she earned her place as THE A-list woman of color and thankfully Marvel seems to be making that investment in others.
    Well, when you're the only prominent black woman/non white women of the entire fictional genre with no competition it's easy forgone conclusion but also a hollow victory. Storm being created in 75 and at one point in the xmen popularity peek the most prominent female character of comics gives her the overall edge, I call it a hollow victory because let's be honest besides storm i doubt anyone in here or comic readers overall care about the others but i primarily blame the companies for that aspect. Storm basically is the face of something that barely exist in terms of black women in fiction.

Spectacular Member

I swear, variant covers for comic books are so damn pointless. It's like you and friend or family member buying the same shoes or box of cereal with the only difference being the color of said shoes or the art of the cereal box, what a waste of money for a story you'll only read once but that's how they get ya, humans as a species are attracted to the metaphorical shiny but this isn't the place for my philosophical nihilism. So I'll end it right here.
    Last edited by Mekk80s; 11-25-2020 at 02:19 PM.

I think it's called M'Kraan crystal, but those tend to be pink don't they? Maybe it's corrupted by a techno-virus. I think it's probably related to the upcoming Shi'ar story arc. Probably gets introduced there then in typical Hickman fashion we'll have to wait half a year before it all makes sense. Real excited that he might be taking a personal role in Storm's development.
    It could change depending on the wielder. That or is something left behind after the king in black but the shape looks familiar. The techno virus is also a good guess.

I'm excited too. This has been the best Storm year in a LOOOOONG time. I enjoyed extraordinary but it was what it was this i am loving.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I was really liking Storm in Excalibur! Overall I give XOS a 6/10 and Storm's involvement a 7/10. Seems like Death isn't actually dead and will remain in the custody of the Sevalith. Does he try to escape and take revenge on Ororo for a second ass whooping lol? I suspect he'll play a role in future Excalibur issues because at this point there's no excuse that we shouldn't be exploring those fair and foul kingdoms Hickman introduced.

Excited that it looks like the business in Wakanda has been neatly wrapped up. The sword is damaged but it looks like all the parties got what they wanted, Storm saved the world and the Wakandans kept their sacred sword. Hopefully Krakoa and Wakanda can stay out each other's way and Skybreaker gets retconned out in the next BP relaunch.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Storm in space. I like cosmic X-Men stories in general because the Shi'ar are my favorite space species in Marvel but it's always great to see Storm cut loose and maybe dabble in some intergalactic politics. IIRC, Jean is going to space too so hopefully we can get a friendly moment here and there to build up that sisterhood. The Reign of X promo looks interesting and my early theory is that whatever Storm is holding ties into whatever her big story is for 2021.
    That's all I need to know. Now hopefully both can find success in a future solo.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Is this a new potential story?
    its a variant cover.

Well she gave the sword back and like I've been saying, unless Hickman wants to use it to drive conflict between Wakanda and Krakoa it probably won't matter in the future. I expect the Spear of Bashenga and Bast to be reintegrated into Wakanda's origins and Skybreaker will be soft retconned out of the mythos as just one of many important blades. So I'm just happy that plot is done. A lot has been set up for Storm these last few issues.

For example, the new political dynamic between the Quiet Council and the heroes of Krakoa means that there may come a time Ororo has to put her own morality or friends above politics, putting her seat in jeopardy. There's also the potential for Death to seek revenge after his defeat, the upcoming Shi'ar storyline and more. Taking off my BP fan cap for sec and speaking as a Storm fan, there's more stuff to be excited about than her relationship with Wakanda and how it unfolded. And speaking as BP fan I'm just happy he can get a new, loyal love interest so I'm satisfied on all fronts.
    it wasnt neatly wrapped up there is still division as detailed in one of the informational pages. now that all has been revealed she didn't need that sword and it is now more glaringly obvious it was created solely to interject a wedge between her and tchalla.

she did have some great moments today as others have mentioned so let's see where looking to the stars takes her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    its a variant cover.

it wasnt neatly wrapped up there is still division as detailed in one of the informational pages. now that all has been revealed she didn't need that sword and it is now more glaringly obvious it was created solely to interject a wedge between her and tchalla.

she did have some great moments today as others have mentioned so let's see where looking to the stars takes her.
    Trust me BK, you know i knew what the deal was. I haven't read that excaliber book yet but in terms of that sword i mentioned it earlier and even called it before that issue got released. Some cats in here give that particular story a pass cause of they're own bias but that was some half ass story telling, Storm didn't need that sword and they literally created that lame ass plot device for drama like nah son that doesn't fly with me. Like, wtf was the point of that entire arc. I don't give a damn if people don't like they're relationship that's irrelevant to me because comic book relationships never work out in the long run due to status quo but what i don't F with is unnecessary squabs for the sake of "Plot" but like you said let's see where "looking to the stars" takes our girl. People be too easily impressed, that's bad if you ask me.
    Last edited by Mekk80s; 11-25-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Nice cover. And a nice pairing of the witches of Marvel. Just add in Magik and we have my ideal coven.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes Storm! YASSSSS! Excalibur was HER issue. spoilers:
    Saved Apocalypse, Was able to calm him with a whisper when he was angered, and basically held off the entire army of amenth until the calvary could arrive. Got Damn Apoc may have been the hero but my girl was the mother F-ing MVP!!
    end of spoilers

Not to shabby, with no healing factor and fighting as long as Logan storm barely has bruises. lmao
    Attachment 102599

*Dances* oh and spoilers:
    the sword was returned to wakanda off panel via a data page update of the swords but the would with wakanda have not healed.
    end of spoilers Thank you vita! Thank you Hickman. STORM2021! Let's GO!

Oh there was a panel i stopped at the data page. lol. Saturnye says of sacrafice ie. Storm spoilers:
    The ninth sword will be returned to it's rightful home deep in the rumbling earth- while the goddess turns her eyes to the stars.
    end of spoilers and in 2021 the shiar story is already advertised. Storm cutting loose in space. Eeeeeeeeeee!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Damn you jwatson!!! You beat me to it LOL.

Storm did a fantastic Job in XoS Excalibur I’m not sure what the hell is going on, but the these X-Writers are putting some respect on her name. I’m shocked. I have no words.

And yes at the end of Destruction does foreshadow Storm going to Space. This was good.

spoilers:
    I figured Storm was going to give Stormbreaker back. Storm should have thrown Italy their faces and said “Here’s your dumb blade back!! We almost lost!!” Lol
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    You KNOW my reaction.

I’m Happy. This was fun. And Storm was used very Well.
    Agreed 100%! I'm glad X of Swords closed in an intense well presented battle and with some sees sown for future stories. I would have loved more Storm in Destruction but she was well featured in Excalibur. She had a strong presence in the closing of the event and it was refreshing to see a creative use of thunder clouds. Simple but used in an unexpectedly effective way. 10/10 for me today.

Fantastic Member

This overall was a pretty good showing for Storm which we haven't seen in quite a long time in an X Book. It also left breadcrumbs for things to come that may be exciting. There were definite pluses and minuses but it was fun speculating as the journey unveiled. So for that reason for me this event was a win. Also, she was called a Goddess and she's headed for the stars. Nice.

There was a comment earlier about the possibility of a Storm solo, but given they have released all of the current line up of books for Reign of X, unless it will be a surprise reveal or happen later, I'm still not sure that's on the cards. What I am happy about though is that this event has strengthen Storm's role and presence in the X Books again and I like that.
    Last edited by Sdawg; 11-25-2020 at 08:19 PM.

BANNED

Trust me BK, you know i knew what the deal was. I haven't read that excaliber book yet but in terms of that sword i mentioned it earlier and even called it before that issue got released. Some cats in here give that particular story a pass cause of they're own bias but that was some half ass story telling, Storm didn't need that sword and they literally created that lame ass plot device for drama like nah son that doesn't fly with me. Like, wtf was the point of that entire arc. I don't give a damn if people don't like they're relationship that's irrelevant to me because comic book relationships never work out in the long run due to status quo but what i don't F with is unnecessary squabs for the sake of "Plot" but like you said let's see where "looking to the stars" takes our girl. People be too easily impressed, that's bad if you ask me.
    I was like so this i show you solve the plot?
    "looking into stars"? WTF is this 5th grade poetry.

better they serve the Ororo storyline next year

While I enjoyed X of Swords, I feel like it was 4 or 5 issues to long. There where some nice moments for Storm...so....

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wonder what Storm is holding in her hand in the RoX promo.
    Could be a Cosmic Cube.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wonder what Storm is holding in her hand in the RoX promo.
    Probably a cosmic cube of some kind, she is going to space after all.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Storm and Sersi...getting this.
    Mmm, definitely interesting. Storm finally tapping into her magic with the help of Sersi... yes.

The whole point was to build Otherworld, the different realities, expand on world-building and story-background, it was a solid run. I am not happy about the contests they seemed boring to me personally, but definitely loved the end and the whole world-building and background story building. A lot of exploration and material there.

Furthermore, do you guys know who is out there, beside the Shi'ar's Empire? Come on, Storm brings her name quite often... who might be?

spoilers:
    Oshtur, of course! The Bright Lady!
    end of spoilers

And she is both a Goddess and a proficient Sorceress, who else can teach our beloved one, to be a Goddess and a Magic Proficient if not her?

And as promised way back, before the XoS event started, I am sharing the thoughts which I had for what the event might bring for Storm! Check it out here!
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 11-25-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Fantastic Member

Ignore lol
    Last edited by Sdawg; 11-26-2020 at 03:55 AM.

BANNED

If Storm is going to the Stars I can only believe she may just be some Liaison for Krakoa regarding Space Alien and stuff.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Oh I know you knew boo! Why would an omega level weather manipulator need a sword that creates lightning? It was obvious at that point what the endgame was. I also agree with people being too easily impressed because some of the "feats" were praising was nothing to write home about imo. I wouldn't have mind this story if there was actual buildup to the Marauders issue that would make it sensible. People said the marriage ame out of nowhere but she was literally fighting with alongside the wakandans prior to the xos and all the sudden she is ready to throw away her entire relationships/connections out of thin air? it was contrived mess.

and people are entitled to like what they like but even with today and what she did I haven't seen anything that just makes me wanna stand. when the xoffices show her stop doing basic weather stuff like lightning and wind shows and give me actual goddess feats then I will stan:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!