Page 575 of 613 FirstFirst ... 75475525565571572573574575576577578579585 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 9190
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Oh I know you knew boo! Why would an omega level weather manipulator need a sword that creates lightning? It was obvious at that point what the endgame was. I also agree with people being too easily impressed because some of the "feats" were praising was nothing to write home about imo. I wouldn't have mind this story if there was actual buildup to the Marauders issue that would make it sensible. People said the marriage ame out of nowhere but she was literally fighting with alongside the wakandans prior to the xos and all the sudden she is ready to throw away her entire relationships/connections out of thin air? it was contrived mess.

and people are entitled to like what they like but even with today and what she did I haven't seen anything that just makes me wanna stand. when the xoffices show her stop doing basic weather stuff like lightning and wind shows and give me actual goddess feats then I will stan:
    I think the purpose of the sword was obvious. The reactions varied. To be fair, Storm literally shocked and stunned Annihilation, the big bad of this event, and the leader and most powerful force in the incoming invasion. (Genesis without the mask is considered more powerful than Apocalypse and this was with the god force mask on). She also managed to hold back the entire first demon wave by herself to buy the XMen time. People were impressed when Storm held back Sinister and the Marauders on her own and this was that on a much larger scale. While it wasn't the most creative use of powers, I would argue that it was an impressive display of raw power on her part. That coupled with her hand to hand defeat of Death, a being who survived for 1000 years in combat, while being drunk and without her powers, and I'm confused as to how it makes one easily impressed.

I liked it! Best use of Storm in an X-event in ages! Obviously that's not hard given how little or how poorly she's been for ages, but still. Could her holding back the demon army been emphasized or depicted in greater detail? Sure. But it was still cool. Zapping Annihilation and calming Poccy was cool. Her dance and fight were cool! And she got wasted and walked the runway?

Anyways, I wonder what that black crystal thing is about in Reign of X?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

LOL! I came across this article and just thought it was hilarious given our discussions about the sword here. Apparently, it was a fan favorite? Smh lol.

https://ew.com/books/x-of-swords-ranking-x-men-swords/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    LOL! I came across this article and just thought it was hilarious given our discussions about the sword here. Apparently, it was a fan favorite? Smh lol.

https://ew.com/books/x-of-swords-ranking-x-men-swords/
    This just reiterates the fact that CBR-ers are a small group among the general comic book readership.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Oh I know you knew boo! Why would an omega level weather manipulator need a sword that creates lightning? It was obvious at that point what the endgame was. I also agree with people being too easily impressed because some of the "feats" were praising was nothing to write home about imo. I wouldn't have mind this story if there was actual buildup to the Marauders issue that would make it sensible. People said the marriage ame out of nowhere but she was literally fighting with alongside the wakandans prior to the xos and all the sudden she is ready to throw away her entire relationships/connections out of thin air? it was contrived mess.

and people are entitled to like what they like but even with today and what she did I haven't seen anything that just makes me wanna stand. when the xoffices show her stop doing basic weather stuff like lightning and wind shows and give me actual goddess feats then I will stan:

This really is goddess stuff, X-office need to stop the talk and start showing it

So as for the end of SoX. All that I cared for was Storm Striking out Genesis letting Apocalypse known what time it is.
    The last panel of Storm and Logan looking rather rough was everything. I love seeing the toll of a hard won battle.
    And lastly I love how the XOffice let you know she is not done with Wakanda yet, but will be away for while while she handle dangers in Space.

XoS gets 6o10. The cool Storm moment is what gave it high score . The lack of Death fights drop the Score.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 11-26-2020 at 10:14 AM.

You know I have to go back and look but seeing all the sword stuff I am dying laughing because with all storm did in excalibur I don't even think she used that sword other than the fight with death. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So as for the end of SoX. All that I cared for was Storm Striking out Genesis letting Apocalypse known what time it is.
    The last panel of Storm and Logan looking rather rough was everything. I love seeing the toll of a hard won battle.
    And lastly I love how the XOffice let you know she is not done with Wakanda yet, but will be away for while while she handle dangers in Space.

XoS gets 6o10. The cool Storm moment is what gave it high score . The lack of Death fights drop the Score.
    That panel of her and logan was also one of my favorites for the exact same reason. I literally thought. "They did that!!" With a big grin.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I'm interested to see what they do with Death because he seemed really into her and I doubt he's the type to take no for an answer lol. It'd be cool to see what he's up to in Sevalith and if he tries to exact his revenge on Ororo in the future. Unfortunately he'll probably end up getting turned into a joke into trash ass Excalibur but the potential is there lol.

But yea that moment with Storm and Apocalypse was cool. Definitely a highlight for her character just because of how much gravitas she brought.

How is Death alive?

How is Death alive?
    Vampires know how to feed without completely draining someone. Or he has advanced healing. I mean, all of them must have something extra going on to live through thousands of years of war.

Babaaaaay!!! I just saw what Storm did to one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe and i'm gagging! Yes GAWD!!! Storm is letting the girls know she ain't the one! I also loved her leadership in keeping all the mutants together instead of separated letting them know it would mean death for them all if they did. She's off to another adventure after she returned the Skybreaker to Wakanda. Said she's headed for the stars which makes me think she's headed on a mission outer space for mutantkind. It's gonna be interesting to see how her relationship with Wakanda is in the later future.
    Last edited by metalclouds; 11-26-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Vampires know how to feed without completely draining someone. Or he has advanced healing. I mean, all of them must have something extra going on to live through thousands of years of war.
    So a Vampire Death is running around. Mmmm intrigued.

So a Vampire Death is running around. Mmmm intrigued.
    This is a possibility. A great adversary for Storm! War probably hates her too, from the dinner party/hurting her brother.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You know I have to go back and look but seeing all the sword stuff I am dying laughing because with all storm did in excalibur I don't even think she used that sword other than the fight with death. Lol
    She used it in Destruction.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!