Page 116 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    That's a great observation/interpretation. Yes, I think her lightning is her defense mechanism. I think she used her lightning like a flare gun, when it shot from the mountain, as a SOS as she passed out from the virus. I also wonder how long Ororo was walking around with that infection before he overtook her. That could also be sign of her physical/mental strength.
    This is precisely what I thought when I read the book. One of them would not have made it against her attacks, especially when she buried them in the same way she was buried alive as a child when her parents were killed.
    Exactly.

I keep re-reading this book and ever time they encounter something Storm is stopping them or saving them.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I just realized something.

Giant Size: Jean/Emma basically shows us how Strong Storm's Resistance to Telepathy is. Even 2 Powerful TP users barely made it through her mind.

I think this this WHOLE Book is a TP resistance Book.
    I agree its a good showing for Storm mental defense but on the other hand, Jean and Emma were not trying to hurt Ororo.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I agree its a good showing for Storm mental defense but on the other hand, Jean and Emma were not trying to hurt Ororo.
    True. But I'm still going to use this in BATTLE BOARDS B***ES ahaha

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Good point. But you guys also made the point that Ororo helped/saved the telepaths when they were under attack. So, yes, it would be interesting to see what would've happened if Ororo's mind was truly trying to hurt them and they were, in turn, trying to do the same to her.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

No, it was a passcode thing. The Lions ask a question, Jean conjure the right answers and Emma gave the wrong answer.
    im.glad she got her ass handed to her then.

good point and a fair one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

now I want those cute massive lions in the material plane to walk alongside ororo, big cats are adorable AND badass

Good point. But you guys also made the point that Ororo helped/saved the telepaths when they were under attack. So, yes, it would be interesting to see what would've happened if Ororo's mind was truly trying to hurt them and they were, in turn, trying to do the same to her.
    Probably a lightning bolt to the head. Rachel found that out the hard way in Xtreme X-Men when she tried to enter Storm's mind uninvited.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Probably a lightning bolt to the head. Rachel found that out the hard way in Xtreme X-Men when she tried to enter Storm's mind uninvited.
    LOL. Yes, a lightning bolt to the head. And Emma did try to fight back in her diamond form and was almost eaten by the snake for her efforts. Also, some time must've passed between when the kids found her and when Emma and Jean went into her mind because she had been cleaned up from the blood, undressed and put in a flower bed. I don't actually know what she was on. It was cool to look at though. I assumed it's something that maybe the island created?? I don't know.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Poor thing. Ororo looks whipped after her power feat. So do you guys think her feat was meant to imply that she killed everyone on the enemy ships except for N'Jadaka? That's what I got from it but I would like to know your takeaway.

Untitled design (17).jpg

You know i read a friend's copy of the latest BP and i have to say i haven't laughed so much reading a comic in a while. I don't know why but my mind kept reading Nakia's ship as thot so i was dying everytime i was reading how the thot was up or doing something despite the word actually being thoth. lol

Oh and i saw panthers mentioned but i'm pretty sure those were Lions in Giant Size X-men and the male lion had white hair. This issue was just stunning. Storm's mind is fierce even in a passive state.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

LOL. Yes, a lightning bolt to the head. And Emma did try to fight back in her diamond form and was almost eaten by the snake for her efforts. Also, some time must've passed between when the kids found her and when Emma and Jean went into her mind because she had been cleaned up from the blood, undressed and put in a flower bed. I don't actually know what she was on. It was cool to look at though. I assumed it's something that maybe the island created?? I don't know.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    In my mind she was in the Krakoa version of a hospital but IDK what it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you're welcome boo. you know for some reason I thought of demeter the goddess when I sa this issue. I cant wait for your thoughts.
    OK so here are my thoughts (ranked worst to best of the week):

4X #2 - 3/10 - The only thing I liked about this issue was the awesome Doom cover and the Dodson art. The X-men vs FF fight had too much WIS. I would not want to see an X-book given to Zdarsky. He seems to wank on IW quite a bit. It seemed that the FF was about to get beat down by the mutants if not for the IW last minute save, but the fact that this writer ignores canon for the sake of his story just makes it hard to enjoy (i.e. he ignores the extrasensory abilities of Magneto and Black Tom, Krakoa's defenses). Plus, while I get that the Marauders fight with Doom isn't relevant to the plot but we don't even get a worthwhile fight...?? Yeah may be we don't want to see a big role for Storm in this story under this writer who doesn't know the characters he's writing.

X-Men - 9/10 I am loving Hickman's work on the X-Verse . I wouldn't see Storm being supportive of The Crucible approach (but I like it! ) but I also wouldn't see her being supportive of suicide just to get your powers back. Storm welcoming back a re-powered Aero was awesome (I liked that Yu panel of her). I'm waiting for that official High Priestess of Krakoa title. Hickman's revamp of the mutants is awesome. The creation of their own religion, and with leaders like Exodus and Kurt (polar opposites of the religious spectrum IMHO), can make for some very interesting storytelling.

GSXM - I REALLY LIKED IT! 8.5/10 Dauterman art is just so breath taking and what a difference it makes when the writer and artist knows their characters and canon. Jean and Emma's relationship has definitely shown progression and it was nice to see in the story. Plus their TP displays were impressive. Can't think of an earthly ind that can handle their combined power. But on the stuff that really got me invested....STORM WAS AMAZING! Not only was she beautifully drawn with long, full flowing mane, cheek bones for the gods and in all her regal majesty, but her mind was gorgeous! And powerful. Her mental defenses gave these ladies a serious workout, so that was impressive. I do wish there was dialogue, since a lot can be left up to interpretation, but it was a still a good issue and I am looking forward to Storm's GSXM issue. I am hoping she doesn't die (I want her to keep her original body lol).

BP #21 - 10/10 Hadari Yao in the house! Her connecting to all of the energy fields, micro climates and life support systems for multiple massive ships to decimate N'Jakada's forces was pretty EPIC. Coates is writing these beautiful queens like the fierce warriors they are. He has definitely changed my thoughts on his handling of Storm. I appreciate the call back to canon as well. In the Brood story where Storm was bonded with the Acanti she commented on er ability to sense the myriad energy fields in space, so it's great to see this still being noted and actually leveraged in a creative way. The rapid plant growth was pretty awesome. It felt very much like....nature goddess representation. Like a quiet but cool/creative acknowledgement of divinity.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    OK so here are my thoughts (ranked worst to best of the week):

4X #2 - 3/10 - The only thing I liked about this issue was the awesome Doom cover and the Dodson art. The X-men vs FF fight had too much WIS. I would not want to see an X-book given to Zdarsky. He seems to wank on IW quite a bit. It seemed that the FF was about to get beat down by the mutants if not for the IW last minute save, but the fact that this writer ignores canon for the sake of his story just makes it hard to enjoy (i.e. he ignores the extrasensory abilities of Magneto and Black Tom, Krakoa's defenses). Plus, while I get that the Marauders fight with Doom isn't relevant to the plot but we don't even get a worthwhile fight...?? Yeah may be we don't want to see a big role for Storm in this story under this writer who doesn't know the characters he's writing.

X-Men - 9/10 I am loving Hickman's work on the X-Verse . I wouldn't see Storm being supportive of The Crucible approach (but I like it! ) but I also wouldn't see her being supportive of suicide just to get your powers back. Storm welcoming back a re-powered Aero was awesome (I liked that Yu panel of her). I'm waiting for that official High Priestess of Krakoa title. Hickman's revamp of the mutants is awesome. The creation of their own religion, and with leaders like Exodus and Kurt (polar opposites of the religious spectrum IMHO), can make for some very interesting storytelling.

GSXM - I REALLY LIKED IT! 8.5/10 Dauterman art is just so breath taking and what a difference it makes when the writer and artist knows their characters and canon. Jean and Emma's relationship has definitely shown progression and it was nice to see in the story. Plus their TP displays were impressive. Can't think of an earthly ind that can handle their combined power. But on the stuff that really got me invested....STORM WAS AMAZING! Not only was she beautifully drawn with long, full flowing mane, cheek bones for the gods and in all her regal majesty, but her mind was gorgeous! And powerful. Her mental defenses gave these ladies a serious workout, so that was impressive. I do wish there was dialogue, since a lot can be left up to interpretation, but it was a still a good issue and I am looking forward to Storm's GSXM issue. I am hoping she doesn't die (I want her to keep her original body lol).

BP #21 - 10/10 Hadari Yao in the house! Her connecting to all of the energy fields, micro climates and life support systems for multiple massive ships to decimate N'Jakada's forces was pretty EPIC. Coates is writing these beautiful queens like the fierce warriors they are. He has definitely changed my thoughts on his handling of Storm. I appreciate the call back to canon as well. In the Brood story where Storm was bonded with the Acanti she commented on er ability to sense the myriad energy fields in space, so it's great to see this still being noted and actually leveraged in a creative way. The rapid plant growth was pretty awesome. It felt very much like....nature goddess representation. Like a quiet but cool/creative acknowledgement of divinity.
    Rider thank you for your review!! I always love hearing them and this post did not disappoint!

On 4X (I love that abbreviation btw) I skimmed through it and put it back down it looked like it was awful. I think IW is the most powerful F4 member but I go further which xmen did she fight? If there included magneto or other omegas I would be surprised to see her dispel them easily. Nevertheless, I'm going to pass on the series. Your review pretty much confirmed my concerns.

Xmen was sooooo freaking good. Are cyclops and wolverine getting on? The scarlet witch shade? Apocalypse man that would be scary!!! it was all so good. I would love to see what ororo thoughts on this are. though I dont think she would agree I do think she would believe one should be able to decide for themselves what is right. but it was a pretty badass issue.

GSXM - Yes the artwork is fabulous it definitely carried the issue for me. I did like how Jean and Emma worked together to get through Ororos mental defenses. Emma being a petty bish was so funny. Now Ororo was absolutely divine looking. This is how I always want her to be drawn. He really killed it with how gorgeous she looked. I was personally ok with the dialogue but I can understand hoe some would hsve wanted it. I really would love to pick his brain regarding the use of the butterphant/elefly or the lions. I mean I have my theories but I'm sure the animals from the snakes to the lions were all purposeful.

I forgot to mention I dint want her to die either. lol

BP 21 - Yasssssssssss Mamma!!!! Miss Yao came to slay right?!? When was the last time we heard her powers described in the manner Coates did?? Since Claremont wrote her?? This man knows his xmen canon so im so beyond thrilled that he writers her so beautifully. Coates had me a long time ago you know but he always seem to surprise me with her. o never dreamed he would do what he did with her today all while meditating in the safety of her shuttle. This woman is that gurl that all the other heroes wanna be and she makes it so stylish while doing. Kudos to the artist and colorist on this issue. I thought it was beautifully drawn as well. And yes to nature giddess!! that's exactly the feels I got with Demeter lol.

I agree with all of this here!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You know i read a friend's copy of the latest BP and i have to say i haven't laughed so much reading a comic in a while. I don't know why but my mind kept reading Nakia's ship as thot so i was dying everytime i was reading how the thot was up or doing something despite the word actually being thoth. lol
    lolol good catch. and she is a thoth!! bye gurl!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I absolutely think Ororo would be down for the Curcible. Wouldn't be surprised if she was one of the many who voted yes to on the QC.
    It's so damn fitting. Not the SW but by Forge I Think Storm would of face Apocalypse to regain her ablities.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I absolutely think Ororo would be down for the Curcible. Wouldn't be surprised if she was one of the many who voted yes to on the QC.
    It's so damn fitting. Not the SW but by Forge I Think Storm would of face Apocalypse to regain her ablities.
    Exactly. As someone who has been depowered and for a long period of time, i don't think anyone could understand Crucible as much as Storm outside of maybe Charles who was also depowered for a bit. But with Storm she we saw how she had to struggle through it more and hated it though learned to accept it and push forward.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

is a pity that we have to wait almost a month to be able to see Storm in BP, the wait is exhausting :/