Page 445 of 613 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea that's about the most he's done so far. I don't think he's a big fan of the relationship so much as he kinda needs to use it depending on the story. His FF Black Panther arc was about T'Challa becoming King of the Dead, and outside a tender moment between the two of them, Storm (as well as Shuri and Sue) was irrelevant.

She was T'Challa's wife so she had to be in the story. In New Avengers I just think he didn't want T'Challa to go back to Wakanda to face his family before the incursion so he had him hook up with Storm. But I don't think he has any particular dislike for their romance either.
    I guess the marauders issue will gives us some insight as to Hickman's thoughts on the relationship.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I can't imagine reading this and think hickman doesnt like ororo, like honestly im sorry but I can accept criticism to the structure of the series and the book itself, but let's not create a bias that isn't there.

Ororo hasn;t had a positive showing like this in the x-books in YEARS, even if it's a low bar I consider this issue a prime example of storm at her very best , ever since the ressurection ceremony I felt that his storm was very good, grasping at all aspects of her character, showing her as comptent, powerfull and charismatic.

And now in the meta context of his current run, she just defeated one of the most insidious and dangerous manifestations of the mutant nemesis aka technology, she pretty much spit on the concept of inevitable defeat at the hands of machines, even if in a more self contained way.

"we always lose" well not ororo and not the people she choses besides her.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-16-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    see I have to have physical copies. They could be worth something in the later years
    True, but the storage space is a killer, though. I had to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    True, but the storage space is a killer, though. I had to stop.
    I don't own many comics so i'm good. I own all Storm solo issues except the last one and i have a couple of other random marvel comics. Mostly xmen

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I don't own many comics so i'm good. I own all Storm solo issues except the last one and i have a couple of other random marvel comics. Mostly xmen
    Sounds like a great collection. Perfect for a Storm fan. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I can't imagine reading this and think hickman doesnt like ororo,
    Hickman is a very talented writer, but you can tell when a character excites him, and when a character is more of a professional objective. When I read his Avengers run, this was made apparent. When he's writing the shady Illuminati cast, his pen sings. When he's writing the more morally upright heroes in Avengers, it's more 'by the books'. He imported Sam and Roberto and clearly had fun with them, but people like Cap, Black Widow, or Thor, he just phoned in. We can see this in his X-Men work too. Emma, Mags, A, all amazing. Jean, Scott, Ororo? Not so much.

Like I said, I still liked the issue overall, but it just seems to me that Storm just doesn't 'do it' for him.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hickman is a very talented writer, but you can tell when a character excites him, and when a character is more of a professional objective. When I read his Avengers run, this was made apparent. When he's writing the shady Illuminati cast, his pen sings. When he's writing the more morally upright heroes in Avengers, it's more 'by the books'. He imported Sam and Roberto and clearly had fun with them, but people like Cap, Black Widow, or Thor, he just phoned in. We can see this in his X-Men work too. Emma, Mags, A, all amazing. Jean, Scott, Ororo? Not so much.

Like I said, I still liked the issue overall, but it just seems to me that Storm just doesn't 'do it' for him.
    Yeah I don't see it for anyone but jean but shes a dishwater level of boring so I don't blame him, I think you're just creating a made up narrative that isn't really proven in the pages to make your opinion seem more "righteous".
    Because ororo has had a showcassing here at the level of magneto: the world is canonically a hellscape that rarely loses (fantomex issue praticaly reminds the readers of that) and she grabbed it by it's scalp and made it say "yes maam"

If you don't personally like it just say so, but creating this pretend bias without any evidence can create unecessary toxicity and negativity in this mini community.

I don't presume to understand your motivations, please indulge me the same. I have read all of Hickman's Marvel works; he has a signature style with pronounced strengths and weaknesses, like all writers. If you don't see what I see, so be it, but don't tell me I'm making stuff up for some agenda.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't presume to understand your motivations, please indulge me the same. I have read all of Hickman's Marvel works; he has a signature style with pronounced strengths and weaknesses, like all writers. If you don't see what I see, so be it, but don't tell me I'm making stuff up for some agenda.
    Preach. It’s pretty clear Hickman loves his morally grey antihero types like Mags and Apocalypse, but cant give the heroic characters like Storm, Cyclops or Jean a distinct voice. It’s just one if his major weaknesses. For all his world building, I don’t particularly care for how he writes most of the characters I have grown up with.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I enjoyed this review of GS: Storm. He is a big storm fan and he shares a lot of questions I have:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Yawnnnn, his storm is great get off your preconceptions and read the title, if she doesnt have a voice im not sure who does, just don't create a victimization narrative that isnt based around her treatment in mauraders, k tnx.

I have read it too and I cannot for the life of me understand why you think he doesn't like her and it's to me just a way to make your opinion seem more worthy by creating a narrative of false bias, and it's anoying because other people bring up concrete things that they disliked, not some assumptions witout any basis on the actual title.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-17-2020 at 12:41 AM.

Yawnnnn, his storm is great get off your preconceptions and read the title, if she doesnt have a voice im not sure who does, just don't create a victimization narrative that isnt based around her treatment in mauraders, k tnx.

I have read it too and I cannot for the life of me understand why you think he doesn't like her and it's to me just a way to make your opinion seem more worthy by creating a narrative of false bias, and it's anoying because other people bring up concrete things that they disliked, not some assumptions witout any basis on the actual title.
    Why are you so upset and argumentative over people's opinions and interpretations...

Hickman doesn't need a knight, he's a big boy he can handle any form of criticism, hell he doesn't even know these comments exist.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 09-17-2020 at 01:25 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Does it matter that she's not in his top five favourite characters? Going by the last decade of stories and appearances she's not been on any X-writer's top ten list. For all the complaints here that Marauders is lacking and Storm is wasted over there...this is clearly a delightful gift.
    She being a "favourite" is mostly irrelevant anyway...this is not the Claremont era of writing and story telling. (And I mean that in a good way)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I can't imagine reading this and think hickman doesnt like ororo, like honestly im sorry but I can accept criticism to the structure of the series and the book itself, but let's not create a bias that isn't there.

Ororo hasn;t had a positive showing like this in the x-books in YEARS, even if it's a low bar I consider this issue a prime example of storm at her very best , ever since the ressurection ceremony I felt that his storm was very good, grasping at all aspects of her character, showing her as comptent, powerfull and charismatic.

And now in the meta context of his current run, she just defeated one of the most insidious and dangerous manifestations of the mutant nemesis aka technology, she pretty much spit on the concept of inevitable defeat at the hands of machines, even if in a more self contained way.

"we always lose" well not ororo and not the people she choses besides her.
    The Xavierfiles article that someone posted earlier made a really great point about how Storm kinda has the least personality and voice out of everyone in the issue (until the last couple of pages).

At the same time I don't think this proves that Hickman dislikes Storm. I also don't think that she's one of his favorites and if Dauterman wasn't a huge fan of the character I'm not sure we would have gotten anything from Hickman that utilizes the character this much.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally...those "articles" should always be read with a pinch of salt, as they're just one opinion usually based off of preconceived expectations, that may or may not ring true to someone else reading the issue. (It doesn't ring true to me)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!