Page 447 of 613 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 9190
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    that's why she know's it's importance, a life must be worthy even if you can be ressurected whats the point if you don't fight for it yourself as well? Everyone that she has been harboring the ressurections died fighting to the last moment, would it be respectfull if she gave up on a disease when she can fight back?

Her life is precious, even if she can return doesn't make it any less so.

Whatever happens in the world, it's an active development agaist the children of te vault, information and allies, all those things are important in a larger scheme of things that Ororo spearheaded, to me a power display was what i sorta wanted, but reminding everyone of what an important figure and leader ororo is and the strenght of her character is just as important, in my opinion.
    I like how Jean and Storm are of similar minds. Jean profess a similar sentiment in the second issue of X-Force

BANNED

im very interested to see how that sphere comes up again, it was first a tecnho-organic virus that was intended to completly over take the host, now it's probably a type of tecno-organic inteligence that we heard about can evolve into the phalanx, but now it has the characteristics of an extremely powerfull mutant and it's currently sealed in containment, in a place where time passes faster and aparently somewhat benevolent.

It's a recipe for fun and a clear set up and whatever it is, storm is a part of it!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Also I don't think she left behind a clone, but she did leave something that she will one day have to deal with, i have a theory that had she given up whatever that was would have grown fully into an actual evil clone, completly overtaking her, but now whatever it is it's probably a type of inteligence that has been affected by her but isn't what the children of the vault wanted from this infection, whatever it becomes either good or bad it's a very interesting mystery that involves Storm..

If it's a villain, then she has a new nemesis to combat, if it's benevolent then she has something new related to her powers, win win.

I apreciate when certain characters are tied up before hand to relevant stories, just like how excalibur issue tied soooo many conections that are now paying off.
    speaking of children of the vault I thought she was infected when she got tagged in the issue where they went to their base but i read an article that theorized she was infected in xmen 1. I didn't think she was infected that early but I guess that would probsbky make the most sense lookin back on it
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    speaking of children of the vault I thought she was infected when she got tagged in the issue where they went to their base but i read an article that theorized she was infected in xmen 1. I didn't think she was infected that early but I guess that would probsbky make the most sense lookin back on it
    yeah this plot line run's deep and keeps getting characters and things added to it, slowly but steadly, Ororo being one is exciting me personally.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yeah this plot line run's deep and keeps getting characters and things added to it, slowly but steadly, Ororo being one is exciting me personally.
    I'm actually curious to see where this is going. so question who do you think could be ororo's potential ancestor:

Its looking like genesis will be her ancestor who so happens to also be Apocalypse's wife!!! how crazy would that be??

Apocalypse's tomb
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

im still holding to that theory, the eyes and face are what sells it since we know some of ororo's family dont have white hair, but even if not conected im happy to have more prominient black women in the x-men mythos.
    or maybe shes bald and those are apendages
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-18-2020 at 01:51 AM.

I personally like this review here. As usually Blerd provides proper review and feedback on the issue:

I agree with everything he said and everything that was said before. I am in the camp of 50/50. I enjoyed the issue, but I believe they didn't fully present Storm and didn't put enough panel time for her. There were too many characters, instead of them concentrating on the name with which the issue was named. I agree that they presented Storm personality extremely well. Evala to Hickman, very well presented personality, but the issue was lacking a lot of action and it felt like Storm wasn't the center of the attention. And she was supposed to be the center of everything. Furthermore, I believe they wasted a bit too much panel on other unnecessary things. Like for example the argument between the AIM guy and Fantomex (or was it Monet?). To other things, which could have been simply put into another issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I personally like this review here. As usually Blerd provides proper review and feedback on the issue:

I agree with everything he said and everything that was said before. I am in the camp of 50/50. I enjoyed the issue, but I believe they didn't fully present Storm and didn't put enough panel time for her. There were too many characters, instead of them concentrating on the name with which the issue was named. I agree that they presented Storm personality extremely well. Evala to Hickman, very well presented personality, but the issue was lacking a lot of action and it felt like Storm wasn't the center of the attention. And she was supposed to be the center of everything. Furthermore, I believe they wasted a bit too much panel on other unnecessary things. Like for example the argument between the AIM guy and Fantomex (or was it Monet?). To other things, which could have been simply put into another issue.
    Welcome to how Black Panther fans have felt for years. Along with a LOT of other folks.

The name on the cover is Storm. The summary of Jean and Emma having to save Storm??? If this is a book about her-shouldn't be about HER?

If they were going to do all they should have given her a mini to flesh it out to have more of her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post

That's fair, but even as a clear set up issue for me it was satisfactory, it sets up ororo on a personal and story level by giving her a lot of inner agency and a clear cut conection to a massive overarching story.
    So I agree, could have been better but it's a positive addition to her character status IMO

that's why she know's it's importance, a life must be worthy even if you can be ressurected whats the point if you don't fight for it yourself as well? Everyone that she has been harboring the ressurections died fighting to the last moment, would it be respectfull if she gave up on a disease when she can fight back?

Her life is precious, even if she can return doesn't make it any less so.

Whatever happens in the world, it's an active development agaist the children of te vault, information and allies, all those things are important in a larger scheme of things that Ororo spearheaded, to me a power display was what i sorta wanted, but reminding everyone of what an important figure and leader ororo is and the strenght of her character is just as important, in my opinion.
    Spot on. Also we now know the power storm wields (we already knew) in a machine based enviorment and that could be very dangerous for the children of the vault or any other inorganic organisms that may be subject to her command. Storm is practically the incarnation of what the machines and ai fear.

I also love how Storm gave her speech while each member of her team were fighting, struggling for their lives, she could have stopped there, the agony of being turned inside out in that machine but every life there came to save hers and even if they didn't their lives still mattered. To me it makes storm the perfect person to lead the resurrections and welcome others back because the first face i would want to see is that of a woman who i know for a fact if she was there did everything she could to preserve my life rather than wash her hands and be like "see ya next time" Storm has always been about preserving life and nurturing it, sometimes she just has to wreak peeps to make it happen.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lmfao oh so you are tge mystery person lolol that's funny!!!! I didn't know which forum u was talking about lol. I didn't see the tweet but as long as our gurl storm us getting viral moments im good.
    lol yeah i'm the guy. I remember i had another forum member on twitter who was from here. I think his name was monroe but I never see him on here anymore

BANNED

and also, its good that krakoa isnt a monolith, ororo being true to her ideals and outspoken and active on her opinions is very in character.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Hard disagree with the Hickman misogyny claim. I can understand not liking the white Hickman right certain female characters but then you can also make the same claim for his male characters he usually writes them as being arrogant / narcissist with a genius complex.
    Absolutely and exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Absolutely and exactatiously.
    can't believe i'm out here defending a white man (this is a joke for those of you getting offended) but you can't claim hickman is a misogynist simply because you don't like his writing style or his characterisation. He doesn't resort to archaic and damaging troupe like fridging, the temptress, damsel in distress, madonna vs whore complex, jealous woman, female characters fighting over a man, "not like other girls" female characters, female characters never making it to the end and always getting killed off or female characters hating each other for no discernible reason other than "women don't get along with each others" like other male writers *cough neil gailman, morrison & co*