Page 409 of 613 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 9190
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Going by what he did to the Wakandans and their History and Mythos (because of his personal ideologies on race and black history and not understanding or appreciating or caring about the origin of Wakanda and its people) I shudder to think what he might intend for Storm should he get to write her.

And yes...overall, his writing is boring AF.
    I mean he already has written her though. And like Butter said has done a bang up job of it for the past few years and is single-handedly responsible for probably one of her biggest character developments in decades not to mention fixing the mess that was Storm's lack of agency in her relationship with T'challa and giving her a more profound connection to Africa and Wakanda imo. Say what you want about Coates but he did right by her in his BP run which is more than I can say for any X-writer in the past 2 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think his Cap ends at #25.
    That's what they said before Covid, but based on 25s solicitation, looks like the extended it.

Unfortunately an editor said the same them towards the end of his first year on BP, that he had "lots" of ideas. We see how that turned out. Lol

The real competition will be when U S. Agent comes out. We'll see if a priest shows out.
    Last edited by Cville; 08-25-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean he already has written her though. And like Butter said has done a bang up job of it for the past few years and is single-handedly responsible for probably one of her biggest character developments in decades not to mention fixing the mess that was Storm's lack of agency in her relationship with T'challa and giving her a more profound connection to Africa and Wakanda imo. Say what you want about Coates but he did right by her in his BP run which is more than I can say for any X-writer in the past 2 decades.
    That's when she was a support character. Like Bobba Fett, it's easier to make them cool when you dont have to give them the heros' journey. I'd expect to see her have failure after failure if shes the main focus.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I could be wrong but I think his Cap ends at #25.
    I see. thanks beloved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's when she was a support character. Like Bobba Fett, it's easier to make them cool when you dont have to give them the heros' journey. I'd expect to see her have failure after failure if shes the main focus.
    its not about her being cool though. He actually not only captured her voice but was very knowledgeable of her canon both from aspects of black panther and her xmen lore.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I see. thanks beloved.

its not about her being cool though. He actually not only captured her voice but was very knowledgeable of her canon both from aspects of black panther and her xmen lore.
    So of you took away all the feats and just left the dialogue, you'd be equally excited about him writing a solo book? Cause that's a potential outcome too. Lol

So of you took away all the feats and just left the dialogue, you'd be equally excited about him writing a solo book? Cause that's a potential outcome too. Lol

what coates did was all within her powerset. she was "cool" well before coates ever pinned her so no that is not what its about. it is him writing her within her established abilities and further developing that

That's what they said before Covid, but based on 25s solicitation, looks like the extended it.

Unfortunately an editor said the same them towards the end of his first year on BP, that he had "lots" of ideas. We see how that turned out. Lol

The real competition will be when U S. Agent comes out. We'll see if a priest shows out.
    Weird. You'd think that everything would have been wrapped up by now. Unless they made changes to what they already had.

BANNED

Storm wouldn't just leave Krakoa for good reason I know. But there could be things going on that she doesn't know about that could change that.

But I 'm just speculating on what the big Storm arc will be about. Gotta be more than just a break-up or Storm is sick or something.
    Oh, ok. I see what you mean well, then I’m curious to see that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree with your points. coates has said a couple of times he is still working on the book so I wouldnt be at all shocked if that is what we is being referred to.
    Wait what do you mean he’s still working on the book? What Book?

BANNED

You MAKE a very good point.

If that happens then it only proves what so many of us has said about Coates being a Boring Writer. And it would have been all for nothing............-_-

Astonishing Member

It would be hilarious if Coates got to do a Storm book then proceeded to turn it into a stealth Oya solo lol. All while she fails as Krakoa's top diplomat and has to be saved by Frenzy. I don't think he's capable of writing a strong solo lead, so much so that even if he got to write a black woman he'd turn it into an ensemble of black women.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It would be hilarious if Coates got to do a Storm book then proceeded to turn it into a stealth Oya solo lol. All while she fails as Krakoa's top diplomat and has to be saved by Frenzy. I don't think he's capable of writing a strong solo lead, so much so that even if he got to write a black woman he'd turn it into an ensemble of black women.
    Wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

If he did write the Storm solo I wonder will he continue with the Storm plots from the BP book or start something new.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

If he did write the Storm solo I wonder will he continue with the Storm plots from the BP book or start something new.
    All of that depends on who gave Marvel a better pitch on a Storm Book. IF it is even a Storm Book....

Coates isn’t the only writer who has expressed interest in wanting to do a Storm Book. Eve Ewing flat out said that her and Coates will have to fight for it. So really that only tells me it’s could be EITHER or at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    All of that depends on who gave Marvel a better pitch on a Storm Book. IF it is even a Storm Book....

Coates isn’t the only writer who has expressed interest in wanting to do a Storm Book. Eve Ewing flat out said that her and Coates will have to fight for it. So really that only tells me it’s could be EITHER or at this point.
    Based on Coates history of writing solos, I'd be worried if he were writing the Storm solo.

He writes a good Storm in someone else's book. But if you look at both his BP and Cap, the supporting characters will become the stars of the book and the title character becomes a prop.

We saw it in BP and we're seeing it with the Daughters of Liberty in Cap's book.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not to mention...his books aren't setting the sales charts aflame. Quite the opposite in fact...they are in decline issue to issue.
    Only the handfull of die-hard Storm fans would be buying his book. And there aren't enough of those to sustain a long-term ongoing.
    X-Editors need to think long and deep about saddling Storm with that dead weight.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-25-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!