Page 408 of 613 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think X of Swords ends with Storm being a big part of the arc after that! Obviously she is a massive part of X of Swords, but every indication from that article and the hints from the writers is that this year ends with Storm driving a lot of the story after X of Swords! I wonder if they end up holding an election or something and Storm ends up President of Krakoa! Or she ends up leading the team that contains some of the members of the Horseman because they want to follow Storm and not Apocalypse!

I could definitely see Death telling her that she is a Goddess and Queen and should lead, especially if he starts to fall for her during the event!
    I'm loving all of this boo!!! lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'll reserve feelings until there is more definitive information available.
    2021 is a long way off...all things C-19 considered.
    Right there with you. The most I'm expecting is a Storm-centric arc in Marauders post-XOS, which would be nice. But if it's a solo by Coates they might as well kill her off lol.

But they really seem to be hyping up Marauders #13 so I'm interested in what goes on there, especially with T'Challa and Wakanda seeming to be involved. I hope this isn't a glorified break-up issue, because while I'm sure many fans would love it (myself included), it wouldn't exactly be pushing Storm forward.
    Last edited by chief12d; 08-24-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Right there with you. The most I'm expecting is a Storm-centric arc in Marauders post-XOS, which would be nice. But if it's a solo by Coates they might as well kill her off lol.

But they really seem to be hyping up Marauders #13 so I'm interested in what goes on there, especially with T'Challa and Wakanda seeming to be involved. I hope this isn't a glorified break-up issue, because while I'm sure many fans would love it (myself included), it wouldn't exactly be pushing Storm forward.
    Pretty much. (A vomitous Ugh! to Coates writing a Storm solo...if that's their big plans...I couldn't be more disappointed if I tried.)
    It's not that I'm skeptical about what they have planned for her in 2021... it's just that I want to see what transpires in the GSXM and XoS first as a way of managing expectations.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I hadn't thought about that. If so, meh and move on.

Another thing to think about: maybe Storm breaks off on her own from Krakoa to offer an alternative for mutants. But it will be hard to be those resurrection protocols.

I think I know what the big Storm event is, but I'm scared to jinx it.

My only hint. LifeDeathX

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I think I know what the big Storm event is, but I'm scared to jinx it.

My only hint. LifeDeathX
    Send me a PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Pretty much. (A vomitous Ugh! to Coates writing a Storm solo...if that's their big plans...I couldn't be more disappointed if I tried.)
    It's not that I'm skeptical about what they have planned for her in 2021... it's just that I want to see what transpires in the GSXM and XoS first as a way of managing expectations.
    Coates has claimed twice he wants to do a Storm Book. I believe 100% the Big Push Marvel is talking about is a Solo Book. Will Coates be writing it? Maybe Yes. Maybe No. We don’t know we haven’t even heard from him. However, we do know that whatever this Push is? It’s based off the outcome of whatever the Hell happens in XoS.

If Storm doesn’t get a Book. Then it’s most likely a Storm Event.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hadn't thought about that. If so, meh and move on.

Another thing to think about: maybe Storm breaks off on her own from Krakoa to offer an alternative for mutants. But it will be hard to be those resurrection protocols.
    It’s a Possibility. But let’s ask ourselves. Would Storm really Leave Krakoa after she said to Cyclops. “This is Rain in a Desert. It’s life where there was none”. in X-Men #1. It’s hard to see Storm ditch Krakoa and create another Alternative. However, your idea is very interesting. If she does have another alternative I’m interested in what that could be.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-25-2020 at 09:34 AM.

From what I have seen, Coates comes across as a terribly boring writer. He's the type who's great at other mediums, but isn't so great at others--comics being the latter. I would wait and see when it comes to whatever ideas he has cooking, assuming he's writing the Ororo story. Honestly, he seems more like a Storm/X-Men fan than a Black Panther fan. But at the same time, I wouldn't place all my hopes of a good Ororo story on him.

I'm in the boat who believes Coates certainly deserves a shot at writing her solo. He has given her the biggest development since claremont was writing her and I actually enjoyed his stories and the detail in which it wss written. Are there areas he can improve, sure but i think his works in BP supports that he could deliver a strong storm solo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Going by what he did to the Wakandans and their History and Mythos (because of his personal ideologies on race and black history and not understanding or appreciating or caring about the origin of Wakanda and its people) I shudder to think what he might intend for Storm should he get to write her.

And yes...overall, his writing is boring AF.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Coates has claimed twice he wants to do a Storm Book. I believe 100% the Big Push Marvel is talking about is a Solo Book. Will Coates be writing it? Maybe Yes. Maybe No. We don’t know we haven’t even heard from him. However, we do know that whatever this Push is? It’s based off the outcome of whatever the Hell happens in XoS.

It’s a Possibility. But let’s ask ourselves. Would Storm really Leave Krakoa after she said to Cyclops. “This is Rain in a Desert. It’s life where there was none”. in X-Men #1. It’s hard to see Storm ditch Krakoa and create another Alternative. However, your idea is very interesting. If she does have another alternative I’m interested in what that could be.
    Storm wouldn't just leave Krakoa for good reason I know. But there could be things going on that she doesn't know about that could change that.

But I 'm just speculating on what the big Storm arc will be about. Gotta be more than just a break-up or Storm is sick or something.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

I agree with your points. coates has said a couple of times he is still working on the book so I wouldnt be at all shocked if that is what we is being referred to.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree with your points. coates has said a couple of times he is still working on the book so I wouldnt be at all shocked if that is what we is being referred to.
    Well, he'll be done with BP and Cap soon so his comic calendar will be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, he'll be done with BP and Cap soon so his comic calendar will be clear.
    I thought his cap run wasn't ending

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought his cap run wasn't ending
    I could be wrong but I think his Cap ends at #25.