Page 489 of 613 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539589 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I mean it's just forced relevance. Vita didn't even care enough to actually give the right name for the first BP, Bashenga and someone messed up the spelling for T'Challa's father. Wakandan lore was clearly not a priority, Storm "liberating" herself and getting the sword was. Not mad about that, but it is what it is.

If Storm and T'Challa could rekindle from that hoodrat beatdown they did during AvX this is nothing lol. There's a wider story at play here and we'll see the implications of stealing Skybreaker in a later Marauders arc or perhaps in a hypothetical AvX 2.0. Hopefully though, this is the permanent end of the Storm-BP relationship. She's betrayed the kingdom twice now, at this point T'Challa should be overthrown if he's foolish enough to get with a woman that won't put his people first.
    LOL got me over here dying at "hoodrat beatdown." lol. This really wasnt that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Kings and Queens do this kind of stuff all the time. At the end of the day Tchalla made them stand down and let them leave. Storm also left a duplicate blade. This could easily be "Trumped" in the wakandian media.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'd agree with you if this story happened in the solo book under Coates. But we were saying from the jump that the X side was going to ignore her development in that title. So all that saving she did under Coates, might have well not have happened. lol
    Dude, we've been saying for years that Coates is wasting his time with this relationship. He can just dump the last two issues and get it over.

Thank you Vito for ending this... whatever it was. I don't care how you did it. If you wanted to throw shade on the way out, no problem. You wanted to make Wakanda look bad, typical X-book.

The only thing that matters to me is that it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Very this. I get that it was a fun read with some nice art and I don’t begrudge anyone for enjoying it, especially as a Storm fan but let’s at least be real here. Nothing that happened in this issue had to happen at all. Storm waited 2.5 minutes before she decided to risk it all to be a messy Lara Croft. T’challa could have and should have been reached immediately what with all of their tech and the urgency of the matter. The “he ignored my calls” is such a pedestrian excuse for who these characters are and the access they have to each other with their high profiles. You’re telling me Queen Regent Ramonda didn’t have an emergency direct line to the king of Wakanda? -__- All the more to say it really wasn’t a good look for Ororo to see that if she had apparently just waited 30 extra minutes, T’challa would have arrived and just given it to her. You’re telling me he wouldn’t contact her after all the “missed calls” on his way back? Shuri, a genius and once Black Panther and Queen would be caught having to confront Ororo with a knife? ORORO?? She kept reiterating “I am who I am and I know what I must do” but how smart does it make her look to now have garnered enmity from not only the nation of Wakanda as a whole in their view of Krakoa/mutants but also to unnecessarily distance herself from T’challa and the Royal Family, who are not only beloved kin but more importantly allies of the highest priority? And at the end of it all was the 30 minute delay really “too long to wait” when she arrives back on Krakoa and now gets to sit on her ass and WAIT for the other seven swordbearers? Come on.

It was great to see Ororo in action. It was great to see her handle her business. It was great to see her use some of her lesser utilized powers. I just wish the story that encompassed all of those things wasn’t the most contrived and utterly unnecessary story of the year. I hope there was some foresight for this other than just splitting them up because a man spent years thoughtfully repairing their relationship, slowly and respectfully via scenes with depth and tenderness and to tear it all down for a one off sword heist tale? Idk just rings as disrespectful to me. I’m not even the biggest, most unwavering T’choro fan though I do enjoy their relationship but Jesus, the man’s run wasn’t even allowed to play out in its entirety yet. Was it for this issue to take place? Because if it was? That was a choice.
    Hey friend. I genuinely mean this when I say I'm sorry things didn't work out how you wanted them to.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

My thoughts on the issue was that it was hot trash and the bp fans hsve been right when they throw shade at the xoffices. Im sincerely disappointed. Instead of showin black folks unified and workin together to fight a common enemy, the xoffices instead chose to show two blk women unable to be sensible. No side was "right" when takin into context Coates' work. dis isnt hadari yao/damisa-sarki. These people have worked together to redefine their nation, to fight adversary, and fight the imperialism of galactic wakanda but all the sudden they cant figure it our because of a damn sword?? this was some Jerry springer avx mess and I will not cosign ever, period.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Well, I guess it depends what you were looking or hoping for. For me, it was a 1/10.
    agreed this mess hot trash on a stick. no thank you!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    My thoughts on the issue was that it was hot trash and the bp fans hsve been right when they throw shade at the xoffices. Im sincerely disappointed. Instead of showin black folks unified and workin together to fight a common enemy, the xoffices instead chose to show two blk women unable to be sensible. No side was "right" when takin into context Coates' work. dis isnt hadari yao/damisa-sarki. These people have worked together to redefine their nation, to fight adversary, and fight the imperialism of galactic wakanda but all the sudden they cant figure it our because of a damn sword?? this was some Jerry springer avx mess and I will not cosign ever, period.
    your not wrong. if i try to look at it from your vantage point i can't disagree with a single word.

not to mention if tchalla is no longer king and is more of a figure head there was no reason they could not have just lent her the sword. She even had a duplicate and it's not like anyone would have known unless they said something. Vita literally showed us only the royal family knew the exact location. I did think the tchalla changing them codes was a little petty though but only because in another story his code was ororo so why change codes just because he knew storm knew them. So he definitely didn't come off looking bad in this to me.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-07-2020 at 08:41 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

It wasn't a good showing for BP. Ayala tried to have it both ways with his character. On one hand she makes it clear T'Challa loves Ororo and would have given her the sword, thus making her theft and betrayal pointless. But on the other hand, she also had him ignoring Ororo's calls and request for help. So, it wasn't that he hadn't gotten her calls but he choose to leave her blowing in the wind. Really? But when his mother calls him, he comes home right away. Smh. Sorry, that only washes when the writer was given the task of ending the relationship. And end it she did and, apparently, to great applause.
    Yea it made no sense but like I said, they weren't being hoodrats and settled the matter like adults so it gets my seal of approval lol. T'Challa may not appreciate what Storm did or trust her in the way he once did but he's smart enough to realize she's probably not lying about the threat and let her do what she needed to do. Him leaving her in the wind was utterly ridiculous and poor writing but it's the X-office, so I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Now I see why Butterflykyss was upset. I am too! I thought Storm was messed up to fight Shuri, betray Wakanda and pretty much spit on her relationship. I get why, but she was cold with it. This is the second time she's done this and its going to be hard to give her a third chance to potentially do it again.

Vita wrote a good Storm solo here though. I want more from her
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    your not wrong. if i try to look at it from your vantage point i can't disagree with a single word.
    I'm sorry this just didn't hit right at all and I love me sone storn but I can't help but think that coates showed storm a part of a unified nation with people who looked like her and then the xoffices came along and pooped all over that. there were ways this story could have been written without showing ororo as an petulant child who can't pursue other options aside from lying and being deceptive towards her black wakandan family. im not going to get into which side was right because in truth we know this story would have never been written as such had coates been linked. no im good on the blk on blk stuff for the sole purposes of causing division among the fandom and within the story. pass me on all that.

and GuiltyPleasure you making a lot sense in here!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Y'all are wild.

I hate Coates but... Coates turned Storm into a Goddess of Wakanda and basically Wakandan's own personal nuke. Coates put Wakanda and BP on the back burner for Storm, not the other way around.

Vita... had her pull a Gambit, beat up a non powered warrior (who brought a knife to an omega mutant fight wtf lol), and blow up some robots and y'all are praising it as best thing ever?

Vita cut off a whole avenue of potential stories for Storm... for some more lightning lass feats.

this pretty much sums up how I feel about it. coates = godeess, xoffices = thief, lying lightning lass. I can't with the crumbs thrown made to look like a sirloin steak. anyway yall have fun.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BK they can't help themselves. Again, the only Black couple in Marvel and they continue with that lame ass drama.

We kept saying leave it alone, it wouldn't last. But I'm not throwing shade at Storm. Just the X-office doing the normal frakkery that they do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    BK they can't help themselves. Again, the only Black couple in Marvel and they continue with that lame ass drama.

We kept saying leave it alone, it wouldn't last. But I'm not throwing shade at Storm. Just the X-office doing the normal frakkery that they do.
    Hey put respect on Blue Marvel and Spectrum name they're singlehandedly holding up Marvel's black couples lol. I say they get married in the next 5 years.

you were absolutely right my friend and I can't believe I've been so naive for so freaking long. I seriously do not understand for the life of me. we got Reed/sue, cyclips/jean, gambit/rogue, all sorts of gay, interracial, lgbtq relationships thriving but for some reason the one most prominent black couple csnt seem to get it right???

I'm just so done with the xoffices and their shenanigans. no thanks. im good.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I'm sorry this just didn't hit right at all and I love me sone storn but I can't help but think that coates showed storm a part of a unified nation with people who looked like her and then the xoffices came along and pooped all over that. there were ways this story could have been written without showing ororo as an petulant child who can't pursue other options aside from lying and being deceptive towards her black wakandan family. im not going to get into which side was right because in truth we know this story would have never been written as such had coates been linked. no im good on the blk on blk stuff for the sole purposes of causing division among the fandom and within the story. pass me on all that.

I'm right there with you. I bought this crap and, since I spent my money, I left a review. A one star review and the reasons why without being insulting to the author. Can't have one fully functioning Black couple in Marvel. That is obviously too much to expect. But I do blame myself for falling for the trick again. I wanted to believe too badly and got burned again. My fault. Moving on.

If interested, my review is here. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...oreType=ebooks
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-07-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Hey put respect on Blue Marvel and Spectrum name they're singlehandedly holding up Marvel's black couples lol. I say they get married in the next 5 years.
    They're still a couple? I don't think they appeared in the same book since Ultimates II.

Don't marry 'em tho'. That's the kiss of death.

this pretty much sums up how I feel about it. coates = godeess, xoffices = thief, lying lightning lass. I can't with the crumbs thrown made to look like a sirloin steak. anyway yall have fun.

You making a lot of sense too! Once I get off work I’ll share my thoughts.

Astonishing Member

They're still a couple? I don't think they appeared in the same book since Ultimates II.

Don't marry 'em tho'. That's the kiss of death.
    They don't appear in the same books but last I saw in that Incoming comic they were still dating. But yea maybe marriage isn't the best direction, though they're a lowkey enough couple that I think it'd have legs.

I'm right there with you. I bought this crap and, since I spent my money, I left a review. A one star review and the reasons why without being insulting to the author. Can't have one fully functioning Black couple in Marvel. That is obviously too much to expect. But I do blame myself for falling for the trick again. I wanted to believe too badly and got burned again. My fault. Moving on.

If interested, my review is here. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...oreType=ebooks
    Thank you for sharing ulyout review. I thought it was perfectly written and hit all of what I felt perfectly. so im sharing the part that really resonated with me here I hope you don't mind!!

Coates spent four years to unravel the mess of how the end of these characters' marriage was handled. He had them come to terms with what went "wrong" in their marriage, slowly developed them as friends again and then as lovers. Coates elevated Ororo to a goddess, using T'Challa and Wakanda's faith in her to unlock her godhead. He gave Ororo a family in not only the royal family but the people of Wakanda. She had come to view them as her people as much as mutants. But in this single issue, Ororo kept spouting about "her people," as if she was only connected to mutants.

In the end, Ororo proclaims: "I have been protector longer than I have been a wife. I know the sacrifices that must be made. I know who I am."

Yeah, we fans of the relationship get it, Ayala and Marvel. Thanks for the bludgeon. Ororo Munroe can't be a three-dimensional character in a one-dimensional comic. She has to choose. Woman (wife) or protector? Mutant or human?

It's really sad and disappointing. As an African American woman, it was nice, for once, to have a Black woman and man paired in a respectful and healthy romantic relationship. Coates reestablished that and Ayala tore it down.

You as well as others here have summed up 100% how i felt regarding the issue. Its very unfortunate indeed but nice to see others who share my sentiments.

I read you review. It was well thought out and explained everything perfectly. I agree with everything you said.

To Vito, all I can say is thank you. Thank you for exposing the hypocrisy of the X-books. Always manufacturing that fake drama with Storm and BP.