Page 490 of 613 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I read you review. It was well thought out and explained everything perfectly. I agree with everything you said.

To Vito, all I can say is thank you. Thank you for exposing the hypocrisy of the X-books. Always manufacturing that fake drama with Storm and BP.
    And best believe this wasnt just Vita. This is Duggan's book and a part if me feels they allowed Vita to write this to soften the blow. But the end of the story is you right, the girls were exposed for the mess I read today. not getting another coin from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You making a lot of sense too! Once I get off work I’ll share my thoughts.
    thanks boo I can't wait for you to share your thoughts!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Thank you for sharing ulyout review. I thought it was perfectly written and hit all of what I felt perfectly. so im sharing the part that really resonated with me here I hope you don't mind!!

Coates spent four years to unravel the mess of how the end of these characters' marriage was handled. He had them come to terms with what went "wrong" in their marriage, slowly developed them as friends again and then as lovers. Coates elevated Ororo to a goddess, using T'Challa and Wakanda's faith in her to unlock her godhead. He gave Ororo a family in not only the royal family but the people of Wakanda. She had come to view them as her people as much as mutants. But in this single issue, Ororo kept spouting about "her people," as if she was only connected to mutants.

In the end, Ororo proclaims: "I have been protector longer than I have been a wife. I know the sacrifices that must be made. I know who I am."

Yeah, we fans of the relationship get it, Ayala and Marvel. Thanks for the bludgeon. Ororo Munroe can't be a three-dimensional character in a one-dimensional comic. She has to choose. Woman (wife) or protector? Mutant or human?

It's really sad and disappointing. As an African American woman, it was nice, for once, to have a Black woman and man paired in a respectful and healthy romantic relationship. Coates reestablished that and Ayala tore it down.

You as well as others here have summed up 100% how i felt regarding the issue. Its very unfortunate indeed but nice to see others who share my sentiments.
    No, I don't mind you reproducing some of my review here. Whether Marvel or Ayala cares--they don't--I still think it's important to let our voices heard in a venue other than on these boards and on Twitter.

I read you review. It was well thought out and explained everything perfectly. I agree with everything you said.

To Vito, all I can say is thank you. Thank you for exposing the hypocrisy of the X-books. Always manufacturing that fake drama with Storm and BP.
    Thanks for taking the time to read and share your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    No, I don't mind you reproducing some of my review here. Whether Marvel or Ayala cares--they don't--I still think it's important to let our voices heard in a venue other than on these boards and on Twitter.
    oh absolutely. and everything you said was spot on lovely and was also thoughtful and fair. 4 years of careful planning and orchestrating a reconciliation of interactions destroyed in one issue. pretty spectacular and disgusting at the same time.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

To be fair and taking the long view, they could have her bring it back in the epilogue of X of Swords and they work things out. Its 50/50 at this point. But this event has another 15 or so issues left, so I'll enjoy it for now.

oh absolutely. and everything you said was spot on lovely and was also thoughtful and fair. 4 years of careful planning and orchestrating a reconciliation of interactions destroyed in one issue. pretty spectacular and disgusting at the same time.
    Disgusting was a word I refrained from using in the review, but I thought it and agree with you. Sigh. This is why I write my own books with AA characters.

Disgusting was a word I refrained from using in the review, but I thought it and agree with you. Sigh. This is why I write my own books with AA characters.
    oh i didn't know you were a writer too. are you publishing your work or is it more a hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    To be fair and taking the long view, they could have her bring it back in the epilogue of X of Swords and they work things out. Its 50/50 at this point. But this event has another 15 or so issues left, so I'll enjoy it for now.
    Nah, let her keep it.

oh i didn't know you were a writer too. are you publishing your work or is it more a hobby?
    No, I'm a published author of over 15 books--mainly paranormal and fantasy romance.

The thing is, if we go by what Ayala had Shuri say, even if (they will) save the world, Ororo taking the sword will cause a lot of chaos in Wakanda. It could be like Namor all over again.

Fantastic Member

I’ve thought/ struggled a lot about this as storm as “stand in” for PoC.

It is important, you’re right, to show healthy relationships among all people regardless of appearance. I’m a minority but not a PoC, but storm still felt very important to me. .

I was never a fan of the BP marriage because it didn’t feel true to the characters, as as two people who’ve both spent their lives setting aside their personal needs suddenly having to factor personal needs in. Just viewing them as “African American couple” almost instantly married always felt forced to me. The annulment even more so.

In that context, I never appreciated how storm have so much of her power away in how I perceived that relationship. She’s been my hero as the ultimate claremazon. (FTR: I stopped reading BP because of it early in the marriage so anything Coates has down I’m ignorant of entirely).

It all feels like an epilogue to storm’s mini and she did reach out with diplomacy first. But since day one especially as storm settled into her leadership role in the X-men, no one would ever stop her from doing what needs doing. It felt like a better marriage (pun intended) of claremazon storm and wife storm.

In short, X-men and the marvel universe shouldn’t mix and showing healthy relationships among all races/genders always need to be balanced with the history of the characters themselves. But it also sets the stage for it to get real interesting.

if coates was steering the boat yes maybe but since that is not the case very doubtful

No, I'm a published author of over 15 books--mainly paranormal and fantasy romance.
    omg beloved!!! that is awesome please share!!!!!!

omg beloved!!! that is awesome please share!!!!!!
    I'll shoot you a private message with a link to my Amazon page.

Enjoyed the issue very much so.
    It hit alot of what what I wanted from Storm and story.
    Dialogue, action, highstakes, and hard choices. (A little blood)
    Shuri came off really great this issue. Two Black female royals going hard for their country.
    Honestly all the women came off awsome. Im kinda glad Tchalla didn't show till when he did.

As for the BP&Storm goes, I think we never really moved On from where Coates was in a sense. There still working it out , I guess. So here's to working it out

I'd also like to comment on the pettiness of Tchalla destroying the Gate. As if Storm is the only person who used it. I could see him setting up a filter so she cant pass through, but destoying it takes her actions out on all mutants. Manifold probably got his hair permed and was shocked to find out he couldn't get back. lol

And Kenya is probably like" ah hell, we got to pay this money back". lol
    Last edited by Cville; 10-07-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

BK they can't help themselves. Again, the only Black couple in Marvel and they continue with that lame ass drama.

We kept saying leave it alone, it wouldn't last. But I'm not throwing shade at Storm. Just the X-office doing the normal frakkery that they do.
    For good reasons.

Nobody in the Avengers Offices or the X-Offices was invested in the relationship. Nobody but Coates. And with him off of BP now...it's pointless.
    Either the next BP writer (whoever that is) has to address/include it or Duggan/HiX-Man has to include/address it going forward...and why should they have to, if they're not interested in telling that story? (half of you all were only reading BP because Storm was in it...so it's not like you all are losing anything)

Both T'Challa and Storm would be perfectly fine separated, in their respective franchises. They both had and will continue to have interesting stories written for and about them by their respective writers. It was so before they got married. It will be so after this separation.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!