Page 500 of 613 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    He wears Psi-Blockers. Best Guess, No-Prize?!?
    Jean accessed his mind in X-men Red. I think she could do it again if she wanted to

He wears Psi-Blockers. Best Guess, No-Prize?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Are there any psi blockers for cerebro?

Thcalla has blocking feats but that is a whole other beast lol
    Or contact the people around him to give him a message?

He didn't even have to come back to Wakanda. Just tell them to let her get the sword.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    What they say on Twitter?!?! I'm not on it cause the internet is toxic enough.

I'm glad we're on the same wavelength. Logan got a MONTAGE and 2 whole issues and we get some mess.

At least Ororo looked bomb throughout the issue.
    well unfortunately vita didn't like my thoughts on twitter even though I didn't @them on the issue and blocked me. then I found out a repsected reviewer who didn't give a flattering review was also blocked. people don't like my mouth at times so I get it lol but I thought it was extremely tacky to block the other individual who was simply providing their thoughts and didnt @them. its just a mess lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well unfortunately vita didn't like my thoughts on twitter even though I didn't @them on the issue and blocked me. then I found out a repsected reviewer who didn't give a flattering review was also blocked. people don't like my mouth at times so I get it lol but I thought it was extremely tacky to block the other individual who was simply providing their thoughts and didnt @them. its just a mess lol
    It's a no for me. How else are they supposed to learn and grow? I hate it when writers act like they own these characters, because we're the ones paying to read about them on a monthly basis.

Link please. I'm looking for Twitter Tea. Lol

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Honestly, what in the hell did they think would happen when this issue came out? Did Ayala think every reader would bow down and thank them for writing this mischaracterization? Sure, yes, I'm sure many loved the issue. The book is ranked #1 in some category on Amazon. But they had to know the feathers they would ruffle with this bullshit story. I can tell they are a good writer. But being good at one's craft is not the same as quality storytelling. This issue missed the mark for all of the reasons many have already stated. Just as much as it hit the bullseye with it's ultimate goal--pulling Storm away from Wakanda and T'Challa.

I agree with those who mentioned lost opportunities to explore the various aspects of Ororo. She is more than a protector and a mutant. Those two labels are so limiting. I recommend leaving a review on Amazon and speak your peace. As I mentioned earlier in the day, it won't change a damn thing but at least a review is a long standing form of discontent that will be up for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Link please. I'm looking for Twitter Tea. Lol
    I cant link you to vita as I'm blocked lol. I didn't realize you were so messy lolol. I will see if I can find some more interesting tweets about the issue for u

It's a no for me. How else are they supposed to learn and grow? I hate it when writers act like they own these characters, because we're the ones paying to read about them on a monthly basis.
    exactly. I understand that these criticisms can be taken personally but one must understand these characters existed before these creators and will be there after the move on to something else. if you are not disrespectful I see no reason why people can't offer criticisms.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm was also dumb to sneak into the place while creating a thunderstorm. WTF?!? The weather was fine that night before she decided to be "covert". It seemed obvious to those that knew what she wanted, that she was up to something. Like she couldnt just create some fog? Why draw attention to herself with the lightning and thunder?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm was also dumb to sneak into the place while creating a thunderstorm. WTF?!? The weather was fine that night before she decided to be "covert". It seemed obvious to those that knew what she wanted, that she was up to something. Like she couldnt just create some fog? Why draw attention to herself with the lightning and thunder?
    Considering how she retains all her other skills, it's somewhat strange to think she could have lost all her old skills of sneaking, lockpicking and most importantly subtlety from her thieving days.
    It's like if Gambit just blew everything up to steal something.

But then again, Storm trying to solve everything with lightning first seems to have become the standard modus operati for many of her writers. Just like how Wolverine always needs to be heavily injured in every storyline.

That's sad.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I remember having a conversation on this page a while back about intersectionality and how Storm is the perfect character to explore dual identities. As others have mentioned Storm isn't just a mutant, she's a black woman, and Wakanda is the physical manifestation of her connection with the black community. It was disheartening to see a story where Storm placed one identity over the other when we could have easily seen a story of Storm reconciling her identities and then entering the XoS stage as a more whole version of herself.

Now I'll admit that this is pure speculation territory, but maybe this was a reflection of Vita's experience? Yes they are black, but they're also queer and people often feel the need to choose between those identities and ultimately align with one over the other. I've often felt that being a mutant is a better representation of the LGBTQ+ experience, so it could very well act as a stand-in in this story. If this is the case, then I would've appreciated a lot more nuance.

Ultimately the issue was entertaining but also very frustrating. It's also especially annoying, because in the last Marauders issue we saw Kurt hand Kitty her Star of David necklace, signaling that there is a space for both religious/ cultural identity and mutant identity in these stories. Yet for some reason Storm has to betray all her black friends (honestly closer to family) for the sake of mutant kind and that's supposed to be empowering?
    This all day. Sums up how I feel right now.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's sad.
    But quite understandable.
    And well within their rights to not have to deal with any perceived negativity. They don't produce the work for one person only...You don't like the product, fine. Just don't attack the creators under the thinly veiled guise of "constructive criticism".
    THAT is tacky. And rude.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-07-2020 at 05:23 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

yea im gonna agree here. i totally missed that part lolol. that was pretty stupid and not a covert use of her abilities. did she actually use any of her thievery skills (picking of locks, etc) in this issue because I dont think I saw one. and she got spotted. I guess its clear who the resident true thief in the xmen are.

That's sad.
    it is but some people are sensitive when it comes to these things. though don't agree i can get it when you feel you are attacked but you can never grow in whatever your craft is if you are unable to receive criticism/feedback.

lol. I'm also blocked by them. And I've never interacted with them or talked about their books, like never. Go figure.

The issue wasn't even a good display of Storm's thievery skills. I like the concept of her pulling off a big heist, but it was executed in a boring way. I wanted to see 'Ro picking locks and crawling through airducts like Catwoman.