Page 111 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 9190
    BANNED

now we have so much art for merch!
    i want a tshirt with the tree, her face in the sky with a diadem, with the 2 lions, the butterfly elephant, the flowers

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    now we have so much art for merch!
    i want a tshirt with the tree, her face in the sky with a diadem, with the 2 lions, the butterfly elephant, the flowers
    bish yes!!!!! I'm here for it all!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when has Weather manipulating storm been able to cause plants to grow at the rate at which they did? How would her power as a mutant even allow that ?

I respectfully disagree. I most definitely think her mutant abilities could replicate the same thing we saw with the attacks on the ship; however, I dont think it takes away from what occurred. The plants- to me at least - clearly is the indicator there is something more going on than just her mutant power .
    I agree with you, BK. Ororo also tapped into advanced technology and totally controlled all of N'Jadaka's ships. Their life support systems isn't connected to weather manipulation. It could also be argued that the life support systems were different from what was on Shuri's ship because N'Jadaka's crew are aliens. So, Ororo had to adjust her power to influence an unknown system. I'm no Ororo expert, when it comes to her powers, but I think anything that isn't directly related to her ability to manipulate the weather can be considered a god power. Or to manipulate the energies to such a specific degree on many targets, IMO, could be viewed as an example of her godhood.

And, I don't know if we were meant to take the image of her in the sky of space as literal BUT, if we were, her ability to project her image, kind of coming one with the space around her, would also be an example of her godhood.

What do you think? Was the image of her real or just a creative way of showing her power to the reader?

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I agree with you, BK. Ororo also tapped into advanced technology and totally controlled all of N'Jadaka's ships. Their life support systems isn't connected to weather manipulation. It could also be argued that the life support systems were different from what was on Shuri's ship because N'Jadaka's crew are aliens. So, Ororo had to adjust her power to influence an unknown system. I'm no Ororo expert, when it comes to her powers, but I think anything that isn't directly related to her ability to manipulate the weather can be considered a god power. Or to manipulate the energies to such a specific degree on many targets, IMO, could be viewed as an example of her godhood.

And, I don't know if we were meant to take the image of her in the sky of space as literal BUT, if we were, her ability to project her image, kind of coming one with the space around her, would also be an example of her godhood.

What do you think? Was the image of her real or just a creative way of showing her power to the reader?
    First, I love the new Avi. Hickman reference to when Claremont first introduced Tchalla and Ororo as having more than a friendship was so beautiful to me.

Now to all you have said, you make amazing points. Those energies are alien and I think means it would take more time for her to adjust to said energies. Just as it does for ger to adapt to foreign weather when she on a new planet.

To your point about the astral projection. I'm not 100% but we see her speaking from it. So I would probably go with it being literal that we see her godhead across that portion of the galaxy. She is actually connected to everything so they are in essence all one of the same. If it is not literal, which I think it may very well be, this is the artist way to demonstrate she has connected with all the energies associated with that space that is shown. It's truly a powerful and divine feat.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yes Hickman!!

Man Black Panther was sick, of course something went wrong digitally buying GS so I have to wait till its fixed lol but love hearing the greats things.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Man Black Panther was sick, of course something went wrong digitally buying GS so I have to wait till its fixed lol but love hearing the greats things.
    baby black panther was perfection!!!!! Coates is the GOAT!!!! I'm here for him forever.

BANNED

Technically you wouldn't be wrong if you called this Feat an Omega lvl feat. There's really not much difference in what she did in BP other than make grass grow. But even then I can argue that she was already able to sense dying plants and trees before.

Either Godhood or Omega lvl whichever you call it you're not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Technically you wouldn't be wrong if you called this Feat an Omega lvl feat. There's really not much difference in what she did in BP other than make grass grow. But even then I can argue that she was already able to sense dying plants and trees before.

when has ororo EVER made plants grow with watering them and at the rate she did in this issue?

Coates deserve credit for what he has done to develop this character which is name her a god. shuri even keeps calling her a goddess leading up to the feat. why are we making this something that it's not?

I think you could argue this was omega level if shuri described ororo as such but she and the pilot both referred to her as a goddess. there was nothing about omega ever uttered once.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-26-2020 at 11:23 AM.

I'd rather it be Omega because being an Hadari Yao feat kinda of brings something out of it imo. First of all, it takes a feat from her Omega Status, second of all, the X-Books are ignoring the godhood thing so there's higher chances that they would ignore this too.

I've always liked her connection to plants. Hypergrowth was weird tho. Maybe they were not common plants and a bit of watering makes them grow? Like she did in X-Men #1 to Krakoan flowers.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Honestly, SP, I'm tired of trying to wrap my mind around what constitutes Omega level power versus god level powers. I do think, whether we readers agree or not, that Coates intended Ororo's display of power to be a show of her godhood. I think that's why he kept reminding readers in this issue, as well as the lead up issues, that Ororo is a goddess. Today's issue, I'm convinced, was a flex of her godhood. And it was subtle, which I also loved. All of her feats don't have to be these huge displays of power. She went in for mega kill shots without the bombasity of a huge frontal attack. Loved that strategy between Ororo and Shuri. They worked so well together, and it was also obvious that Ororo needed the rest Shuri knew she would in order for her to do what she did and on such a grand scale.

But, as N'Jadaka easily reminded them, he has five galaxies of soldiers to throw at them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when has ororo EVER made plants grow with watering them
    Wait what? Are you asking me when has Storm made plants grow with water?
    You don't remember her watering the Krakoan Plant with Water?
    How about did you miss the part through Claremonts run she has been watering her plants??

Your question doesn't make sense here.

and at the rate she did in this issue?
    Given the fact that she was tapping into the "Fields of Energy" is not that far from tapping into Potential Energy and Solar Energy.....

Hence why I said you wouldn't be wrong if you called this feat Omega Lvl. You would still be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'd rather it be Omega because being an Hadari Yao feat kinda of brings something out of it imo. First of all, it takes a feat from her Omega Status, second of all, the X-Books are ignoring the godhood thing so there's higher chances that they would ignore this too.

I've always liked her connection to plants. Hypergrowth was weird tho. Maybe they were not common plants and a bit of watering makes them grow? Like she did in X-Men #1 to Krakoan flowers.
    she was a goddess before she was ever mentioned to be omega. secondly, the xbooks haven't ignored it. Rosenberg confirmed during his uncanny run she was a literal goddess and then Hickman symbolic showed the representation of her divinity with the baobab tree and diadem. lastly, coated himself gas constantly referred to her as a goddess in the issue. we all have our preferences. there have been some who didnt even think she should be an omega mutant but we must look st things for how they have been conveyed via the story. coates has not once described her as an omega mutant in his book. so I dont think that this would all go away because of the omega reveal.

there was no watering of the plants as she was focusing on attacking njadaka beloved. plant manipulation doesnt fall within her powerset as a mutant or omega mutant. that in itself should be the answer aside from shuri literally calling her a goddess leading up to her attack.

Wait what? Are you asking me when has Storm made plants grow with water?
    You don't remember her watering the Krakoan Plant with Water?
    How about did you miss the part through Claremonts run she has been watering her plants??

Your question doesn't make sense here.

Given the fact that she was tapping into the "Fields of Energy" is not that far from tapping into Potential Energy and Solar Energy.....

Hence why I said you wouldn't be wrong if you called this feat Omega Lvl. You would still be right.
    no. I'm asking when has storm ever made plants grow without water and at the rate she did in BP. plant manipulation is not a part of her powerset as a mutant. is this now clearer?

tapping into solar energy is not going to make plants suddenly grow beloved. there's something more a play as plants require more than just solar energy to grow especially at that rate. and again where has coates made one mention of her being omega the entire run?

BANNED

Honestly, SP, I'm tired of trying to wrap my mind around what constitutes Omega level power versus god level powers. I do think, whether we readers agree or not, that Coates intended Ororo's display of power to be a show of her godhood. I think that's why he kept reminding readers in this issue, as well as the lead up issues, that Ororo is a goddess. Today's issue, I'm convinced, was a flex of her godhood. And it was subtle, which I also loved. All of her feats don't have to be these huge displays of power. She went in for mega kill shots without the bombasity of a huge frontal attack. Loved that strategy between Ororo and Shuri. They worked so well together, and it was also obvious that Ororo needed the rest Shuri knew she would in order for her to do what she did and on such a grand scale.

But, as N'Jadaka easily reminded them, he has five galaxies of soldiers to throw at them.
    Blame Coates. This is exactly why I said we are going to have problems telling the Difference between Omega Lvl Storm and Godhood Storm for this very example right here. I'm sure he probably did mean to display her Godhood, but the problem is we have SO many feats of Storm accomplishing things in Space and in different Environments to the point WHEN we see a Godhood Feat it's hard for use to separate the difference. I think SOME people(not me or Storm Fans, but OTHER Fans) could get tired of that constant reminder that she is a Goddess it's just like Iceman contentiously reminds readers that he is an Omega Lvl and everyone already knows it. Of Course today's Issue was a flex to her Godhood, but again since Coates has not done a good job of showing us the difference the delivery wasn't much impactful when I look back at the time Storm did her Galactic Core feat you know what I mean. I don't anyone is asking for all her feats to be huge display of power not sure what you mean. The strategy was good I just said this not to long ago If I had a Bigger Gun I would have used it and Shuri did.

Yeah, N'Jadaka has his 5 Galaxies, but who knows whatever Goddess Bast is planning could help. Not to mention we have the "Allies" Shuri recruited which are: Falcon, Spectrum, Misty Knight and Luke Cage so i'm waiting on how they will help.