Page 510 of 613 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 9190
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    chile I thought it was... you know what. nevermind..
    Ha, exactly. It's done and not worth it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Ha, exactly. It's done and not worth it.
    yup you read my mind. I'm so very thankful for what Coates attempted to do with and for this character. I wanna go in so bad after that article but as you said not even worth it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yup you read my mind. I'm so very thankful for what Coates attempted to do with and for this character. I wanna go in so bad after that article but as you said not even worth it.
    What? An X-story that screws over BP and Wakanda?

?

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    “With the costume, I thought ‘well, she’s a diplomat as well as being the former regent of this place,’” Ayala said. “She is on friendly terms, but she’s asking a favor. Alright, well, let’s dress her in white because she’s going under a flag of truth. She’s literally wearing that. And then of of course, she becomes a thief in the night, and I was like ‘you’ve gotta reverse that, now. All black.”

Umm, okay. LOL. That's real powerhouse plotting there.
    That's some great 6th grade symbolism right there. But, if she's wearing the black under it, then is she really coming in 'under a flag of truth'? I'm sorry, you guys are right to just let it go, but that's so juvenile and poorly thought through I'm just facepalming over here.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nooooo!!!!!!

Let this be the last interaction, she can keep the sword! We won't ask for it back, we promise! We don't need the sword! Zuri was just using it to cut salami for making sandwiches!

Wakanda don't need to steal her back, she can stay with the fam in the X-books.
    Please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    A light interview with Vita Ayala on Marauders #13 for those interested:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/x-of-swords-...1845316824/amp

Nothing most didnÂ’t already glean but some insight into the approach to create the conflict.
    Yupp. Vita basically reiterates everything I loved about this issue and Storm.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Nothing most didn’t already glean but some insight into the approach to create the conflict.
    I think this is the telling quote.

“To me, that’s tied into her relationship not just with mutantkind, but with humankind as well,” Ayala said. “She’s always been a protector. She was a goddess. She’s been someone who’s larger than life, and I thought, ‘how do you explore that in a way that’s interesting?’...the way to complicate it is to complicate it emotionally.”

The Hadari Yao has left the building.

Nothing most didn’t already glean but some insight into the approach to create the conflict.
    Charles Pulliam-Moore always gives good article. Thanks for the link.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think this is the telling quote.

“To me, that’s tied into her relationship not just with mutantkind, but with humankind as well,” Ayala said. “She’s always been a protector. She was a goddess. She’s been someone who’s larger than life, and I thought, ‘how do you explore that in a way that’s interesting?’...the way to complicate it is to complicate it emotionally.”

The Hadari Yao has left the building.
    Could have used a better name anyway. In my head i always pronounce it like that japanese stuff, yaoi. I prefer wind Rider. For me when i was done with coates when he made Storm basic by trying to make her make tchalla basic i was fully prepared to give away all his "gifts." *shrugs*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

While I was reading through all of the comments above, it made me think. What if this is a bigger plan for Storm and BP romance. Some people have said that we, some of the Storm fans overreacted but nothing was clear, did they break up or not, or was it a plot point.

One of the plot points I can think of is having Ororo this time around apologising to T'Challa and his people, which can strengthen their relationship and make it more stable. If this were part 1, part 2 would be the rebuilding the trust that was lost (which Storm mentions at the end), and the third part would be for their relationship to grow stronger.

I really hope that they have bigger and more logical plans for the two of them, except cutting off any ties again with Wakanda since this would speak really bad for Marvel and not just Marvel but the author who will write it down. I mean there was such a huge negative reaction of the recent issue, and it made no sense, I am sure Marvel has acknowledged that in one way or another.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 10-09-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    While I was reading through all of the comments above, it made me think. What if this is a bigger plan for Storm and BP romance. Some people have said that we, some of the Storm fans overreacted but nothing was clear, did they break up or not, or was it a plot point.

One of the plot points I can think of is having Ororo this time around apologising to T'Challa and his people, which can strengthen their relationship and make it more stable. If this were part 1, part 2 would be the rebuilding the trust that was lost (which Storm mentions at the end), and the third part would be for their relationship to grow stronger.

I really hope that they have bigger and more logical plans for the two of them, except cutting off any ties again with Wakanda since this would speak really bad for Marvel and not just Marvel but the author who will write it down. I mean there was such a huge negative reaction of the recent issue, and it made no sense, I am sure Marvel has acknowledged that in one way or another.
    Marvel is waiting for the MCU to give them a direction.

Hence the halfway relationship thing.

As soon as X-Men plans come out (whenever that is, thanks covid) or as soon as BP2 plot comes out ( whenever that is, thanks shitty 2020), Marvel comics will follow suit quickly.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Marvel is waiting for the MCU to give them a direction.

Hence the halfway relationship thing.

As soon as X-Men plans come out (whenever that is, thanks covid) or as soon as BP2 plot comes out ( whenever that is, thanks shitty 2020), Marvel comics will follow suit quickly.
    But that makes no sense... Movies take lore and key events from the Comics and then the comics waiting on the movies seems like unprofessional. Plus, I don't see how Storm and BP will work now since Chadwick Boseman passed away. They haven't stated at all if they are going to recast the actor or if they are going to follow a different path, giving Shuri the mantle of BP for example.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 10-09-2020 at 07:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

But that makes no sense... Movies take lore and key events from the Comics and then the comics waiting on the movies seems like unprofessional. Plus, I don't see how Storm and BP will work now since the Chadwick Boseman passed away. They haven't stated at all if they are going to recast the actor or if they are going to follow a different path, giving Shuri the mantle of BP for example.
    They're preemptively building material for a BP-Storm romance if the MCU ends up going in that direction. That's why you have this will they won't they dynamic right now where Storm appears prominently for a few issues of BP and then she's virtually a non-factor when he goes to space. The X-Men are building Storm plots around her relationship to Wakanda for the same reason but on the other hand they're trying to make clear mutants her priority.

X-Men Red, this issue, very likely the next big story for her, etc are all part of having their cake and eating it too, just like the BP books. It's unprofessional but in the event that Marvel does pair them up the comics division is seeding new stories and directions that the MCU can take inspiration from. It also helps that if a portion of people who like the movie relationship want to see it in the comics, Marvel has recent material out with them in a romantic light.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    They're preemptively building material for a BP-Storm romance if the MCU ends up going in that direction. That's why you have this will they won't they dynamic right now where Storm appears prominently for a few issues of BP and then she's virtually a non-factor when he goes to space. The X-Men are building Storm plots around her relationship to Wakanda for the same reason but on the other hand they're trying to make clear mutants her priority.

X-Men Red, this issue, very likely the next big story for her, etc are all part of having their cake and eating it too, just like the BP books. It's unprofessional but in the event that Marvel does pair them up the comics division is seeding new stories and directions that the MCU can take inspiration from. It also helps that if a portion of people who like the movie relationship want to see it in the comics, Marvel has recent material out with them in a romantic light.
    I doubt this will work well for Marvel. Waiting on Movies and then coming back to comics only for movies to drink from the same material, this makes no sense or logic. Marvel must provide material in comics if movies are to continue and not the other way around...
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 10-09-2020 at 07:11 AM.

But that makes no sense... Movies take lore and key events from the Comics and then the comics waiting on the movies seems like unprofessional. Plus, I don't see how Storm and BP will work now since Chadwick Boseman passed away. They haven't stated at all if they are going to recast the actor or if they are going to follow a different path, giving Shuri the mantle of BP for example.
    The movies free are market research(for the comic side) of ideas that might work in the comics. Shuri, Organic Web Shooters, Another Infinity Stone arc....

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The movies free are market research(for the comic side) of ideas that might work in the comics. Shuri, Organic Web Shooters, Another Infinity Stone arc....
    Ah, that is an entirely different topic. I doubt we were talking about that, but I totally agree with you. Movies are a good way to research how this will work in real-world, while in-comics is more like possible under short conditions while in Movies it is possible after a large checklist.