Page 147 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yes, you are right about that. I just think this scan in particular is really hard to tell if she teleported or not. True this is Ambiguous and left to anyone’s interpretation(considering when she arrived at Dooms Castle out of nowhere via Lightning) this could be and couldn’t.

I think for me imo probably not because she could have just arrived there hence the wind blowing first signifying her arrival and then she just walks up. Lol IDK this is a hard one.

I mean if she did teleport not sure how that scan explains it lol But I think a better example would be her showing up at Dooms castle.

Now THAT can be argued she ported via Lightning.
    maybe that's what Claremont intended to show and I agree with yoga its ambiguous but I think its highly unlikely that is what was shown.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Y'Know......i'm not even mad at that.

Thank You. I'll take that Title. And Where it with PRIDE.
    Oh, I didn't think you would be mad. I wouldn't have posted it. Besides, I'm married to a shit sharter in denial. Smh.

FB_IMG_1583930611130.jpg

Saw this today.Just showing some love.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Charles says that, but was it true? Can you be a mutant and also a goddess? The narration boxes call her goddess. Notice earlier Len says her eyes are 'older than time'. I've been searching, and I still can't find it, but I am certain there is an interview with either Len or Dave that says they wanted her to be an ancient, but eternally youthful, goddess from Kenya. Chris came in later and made her an American born, Cairo-orphaned street-thief-turned rain 'goddess', but that wasn't their original idea(after combining Black Cat/Quetzal/Trio and Typhoon/Tempest(which was Roy Thomas, Wolverine's creator's, idea)).

Attachment 94289

This is the closest I can find, but I am certain there is more somewhere out there. In the old school Exiles run, they sort of reference this by bringing in a teenager goddess Storm at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    But reading Len work and comparing everything that has happened with Storm and how her story plays out, she literally in that issue was Apocalypse, Namor,Selen ,HigheEvolutionary ..ect a Goddess.
    The line where he state her eyes older than time always haunts me. And as a narrator he calls her a goddess all the way through, but has the foolish mortal mistake her for just a Mutant.

Goddess all day , ury day

FB_IMG_1583930611130.jpg

Saw this today.Just showing some love.
    Yeah, Marcus Williams draws the most amazing Storm. I follow that brotha on Instagram and Twitter. He's super talented.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yeah, Marcus Williams draws the most amazing Storm. I follow that brotha on Instagram and Twitter. He's super talented.
    He does some really great work. Just stumbled soon him today. So far this my fave

FB_IMG_1583941397520.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, I didn't think you would be mad. I wouldn't have posted it. Besides, I'm married to a shit sharter in denial. Smh.
    Give him unto me my Child.

I shall teach him to accept the ways of the Shit Starter. He WiLL Embrace It........Such as all things must come to pass.

Ooooh, I’m so Mysterious.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wonder which artist will be doing Storm's pages for the GSXM tribute issue?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Goddess all day , ury day
    yaasssss boo!! you betta say that again!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I’m hoping for Dauterman but wouldn’t be mad at Pepe, Ibanez, Molina, Jimenez, Davis or Larocca <3

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I’m hoping for Dauterman but wouldn’t be mad at Pepe, Ibanez, Molina, Jimenez, Davis or Larocca <3
    I know for sure Ms. Jen Bartel will be doing a page and her sneak peak looked glorious. I really how she draws storm.

I just think that making her a goddess ruins the aspect of self-guilt, especially considering she's black. In real-life there do exist people that are subject to constant racism and they can't just escape it, to the point that they may try to tell themselves they aren't black (there are extreme cases of those who do). Just hand-waving Storm off as a goddess nullifies that sense of self-hatred as she is literally above humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    I just think that making her a goddess ruins the aspect of self-guilt, especially considering she's black. In real-life there do exist people that are subject to constant racism and they can't just escape it, to the point that they may try to tell themselves they aren't black (there are extreme cases of those who do). Just hand-waving Storm off as a goddess nullifies that sense of self-hatred as she is literally above humanity.
    I'm not sure I understand your rationale. Being worshipped, being a goddess doesnt prevent other bigots who see her as a black woman concluding she is a lesser because of her skin color. I look at someone like Meghan Markle who literally became a princess and her status didnt prevent her from experiencing the hatred some have towards black people. So I'm not sure how her being confirmed as a goddess would impact how bigots may view her.

Speaking of which as it is relevant to this convo:

I love that there was ZERO mention of hammertime.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

So, funny enough, in X-men Monday’s AIPT interview, JDW let slip that the pages in the upcoming Giant Size tribute book directly correlate to the artists AS LISTED in the solicitation. Giving the example of Ross being first listed in those names, so he will be drawing page 1 and so on with the others. He mentioned there were two names that happen to be switched due to a publishing error but the rest go in order as printed. So technically by counting the pages to Storm’s intro and other key Ororo moments from GSX#1, we can figure out who the artists will be for those parts! Perfectly aligns with Bartel’s position in the solicitation line up and the preview we saw from her that looks like the page before she charges up Polaris to shoot Krakoa into space. Just a helpful hint for anyone curious about who will be drawings Ororo’s parts.

Now I’m a bit behind now so forgive me but my two cents on Thor vs Storm in weather manipulation are as follows. Storm is an omega level weather manipulator. That means no one and no thing on earth can match her weather MANIPULATING abilities. Thor, in my opinion, does not threaten Ororo in this category because he MANIFESTS weather (via magic) as opposed to MANIPULATING it via elemental control/power. So essentially I see all of his feats as workings of unnatural weather manifestations. Not “real” weather, manipulated by the forces of nature but “magic” lightning, “magic” cyclones, “magic” rain, etc. etc. So as far as governing the natural elements that dictate the forces of nature and weather go? Ororo is the best there is as far as we know. Thor is a glorified muscle magician.

Lastly, I was thinking about this lately after it’s beautiful rendition in the GS:JG+EF issue but how do we not have a backstory for Ororo’s diadem yet? To me, it’s her Kryptonian “S”, her Bat Signal, her one-starred America shield and her spider logo. It’s the most emblematic symbol of her character, iconic and unique in its design and use. When one sees that symbol, one can’t think of anything but Ororo, the Goddess. So how come we don’t have any info on it really? Where did it come from? Who gave it to her? How cool would it be to have a “hidden” story of how Ororo came upon her most iconic “crown”, and to me the symbol of her divinity/regal nature. It was boggling my mind the other day that something so prevalent and uniquely tied to her has never been explored in depth before! I would love for it to be a diadem received from her maternal grandmother or tribe that has been passed on to gifted wind-riders or witches the light her bloodline. Perhaps Ashake crafted it and there is a magical component to it, destined to crown the head of her future, great and legendary granddaughter? Just thought it’d be a cool story to go into after all these years. Maybe even with Ororo traveling through time and tracing its origins herself while simultaneously exploring her ancestral heritage. Unlocking parts of her story piece by piece as she gets closer to meeting Ashake herself, who could help explain Ororo’s divinity to her, where it stems from (some feat or premonition by/from Ashake that caused her and her bloodline to be blessed by Oshtur), and help Ororo come to terms with her past, present, and future? What would you guys think of a story like that?

He does some really great work. Just stumbled soon him today. So far this my fave

FB_IMG_1583941397520.jpg
    Yeah, he did this only a few days ago. He's a big fan of the Ororo/T'Challa pairing and has done some epic self comic work with them as a couple who had children. He did this several years ago. If you get a chance, check out his website or FB page for the comic. His version of Ororo and T'Challa's two children is really good stuff.