Page 451 of 613 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 9190
    BANNED

so you get to be dismissive of "heated criticism and dialogue" yet you also want us to not be so positive or hopefull?

yes we are all adults with serious real life business, so I WILL take joy in a storm centered title being top 5 best seller because I can't afford to be genuinly emotional about many things in my very adult life and silly unimportant comics make ME happy, only because your boring doesn't mean the rest of us have to be.
    You;re stll posting in a comic book forum, patronization isn't really possible here.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    so you get to be dismissive of "heated criticism and dialogue" yet you also want us to not be so positive or hopefull?

yes we are all adults with serious real life business, so I WILL take joy in a storm centered title being top 5 best seller because I can't afford to be genuinly emotional about many things in my very adult life and silly unimportant comics make ME happy, only because your boring doesn't mean the rest of us have to be.
    You;re stll posting in a comic book forum, patronization isn't really possible here.
    Alright pal settle down, the point of my previous comment was keeping your expectations low and the hype at face value. I said before in this thread that I don't and never will trust the x writers no matter the regime change plus I'm not afraid to be critical of a character and storm is no exception also let's keep personal stuff out of this equation shall we, no point in throwing around random generalizations of people you don't know outside the internet. Back to my point is I may be a storm fan but I'm also not bias and I'm aware of this forum we reside in but like any other fan I can see the positives and negatives, if this book made you happy that's fine but for me it's not about the emotions it's about can these writers deliver. This is just my opinion and no i didn't really like the GS storm book i thought it was underwhelming and the dialogue was pretty corny in some aspects plus these GSX books have felt rushed. Storm hasn't had any real development in these x men books sense that weirdo Claremont so of course I'm gonna be a bit sour grape in terms of how she's handle under this regime but that's just me.
    Last edited by Mekk80s; 09-21-2020 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and who said Storm couldn't sell well? Ahead of Spiderman, star wars, iron man, immortal hulk and justice league???? Read if and weep!!!! I thought she works better as a team???????

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/blee...eptember-2020/
    Great to see this. Despite what others say people in the industry will take notice and that helps.

Looking at other comments I guess galactus sells thor, and jean, omega red etc must sell wolverine and selene must be selling cap right now, her and Sharon carter since they are always there. *Shrugs.*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Alright pal settle down, the point of my previous comment was keeping your expectations low and the hype at face value. I said before in this thread that I don't and never will trust the x writers no matter the regime change plus I'm not afraid to be critical of a character and storm is no exception also let's keep personal stuff out of this equation shall we, no point in throwing around random generalizations of people you don't know outside the internet. Back to my point is I may be a storm fan but I'm also not bias and I'm aware of this forum we reside in but like any other fan I can see the positives and negatives, if this book made you happy that's fine but for me it's not about the emotions it's about can these writers deliver. This is just my opinion and no i didn't really like the GS storm book i thought it was underwhelming and the dialogue was pretty corny in some aspects plus these GSX books have felt rushed. Storm hasn't had any real development in these x men books sense that weirdo Claremont so of course I'm gonna be a bit sour grape in terms of how she's handle under this regime but that's just me.
    Tbh your comment did come off as patronizing we understand that you didn't personally like the issue but a lot of Storm fans did like it (myself included) and a lot of Storm fans are happy and excited that first book she's headlined in years that actually has her name in the title has made it on the top 5 list.

So you coming in here basically saying people shouldn't be happy/hyped/ excited about that because YOU personally didn't like the issue is gonna be taken negatively.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Tbh your comment did come off as patronizing we understand that you didn't personally like the issue but a lot of Storm fans did like it (myself included) and a lot of Storm fans are happy and excited that first book she's headlined in years that actually has her name in the title has made it on the top 5 list.

So you coming in here basically saying people shouldn't be happy/hyped/ excited about that because YOU personally didn't like the issue is gonna be taken negatively.
    You misunderstand completely bub, I'm not telling what you should be doing i'm saying not to get overly hyped about one mere story and or Storm making a brief appearances in the other x books just to hurl lighting. It's not my fault if people take what i typed too literal my previous comment is only a light jab at some of the expectations yall have regarding storm while I'm looking for something more. I also said that if anyone in here enjoyed the book that's fine but not me whom i thought said book was ok but nothing to really brag about, if i gotta be the black sheep in the thread that's fine but just know i'm not one of those fans that'll be all getty off one showcase. Guess i'm the worst guy for wanting more out of my favorite female character, that's cool but no one in this thread should take what i said as a diss like i said i just got different expectations regarding storms character use.

I guess if that were the case, that they could put any character on the cover and it would do just as well, the other giant size issues would do just as well, correct? so going with this logic I would assume the nightcrawler book, the fantomex book and the magneto book did just as well? i don't take it as a diss I just see it differently so we are all good here beloved!!

at any rate, i hope that this would demonstrate the potential that storm has to support a solo when this book that featured her face, name as well as storyline does better than some of the heavy hitters in both dc/marvel.
    The other GS issues did do well. Jean/Emma was #8 for its month, Nightcrawler was #23 , Magneto was #12, and Fantomex was #9. Nightcrawler didnt do as well but the rest were all comparable, hovering around Top 10 for total comics sold in a month

this all of this! Mr. Coates did so much to repair their relationship i would be very disappointed if the xwriters went and tried to deconstruct his works but i most certainly wouldn't be surprised.
    Turning Tchalla into a simp for Storm and then teasing a relationship with another women just for Storm to say its okay for her to keep him company when she's not around, only for her to die in one of the worst turncoat reveals of all time is not repairing. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    You misunderstand completely bub, I'm not telling what you should be doing i'm saying not to get overly hyped about one mere story and or Storm making a brief appearances in the other x books just to hurl lighting. It's not my fault if people take what i typed too literal my previous comment is only a light jab at some of the expectations yall have regarding storm while I'm looking for something more. I also said that if anyone in here enjoyed the book that's fine but not me whom i thought said book was ok but nothing to really brag about, if i gotta be the black sheep in the thread that's fine but just know i'm not one of those fans that'll be all getty off one showcase. Guess i'm the worst guy for wanting more out of my favorite female character, that's cool but no one in this thread should take what i said as a diss like i said i just got different expectations regarding storms character use.
    Naw, I understand where you coming from. If there was genuine respect for Storm the X-books would have moved her toward center of this universe. As it stands the center is professor x, Scott, Jean, and Magneto, also Emma and now Kitty. The hype and the energy is given to them and all others are kind of dumped in a team somewhere. Storm, much like Bishop is given a title/team but then is left to be someone's jock holder, cheerleader, or sidekick. Could it be worse, yes they could have been brought out just to be put on the shelf...(i.e. Synch, Darwin- also black characters, hmm?) Storm is great than the occasional crumbs fed to her.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Great to see this. Despite what others say people in the industry will take notice and that helps.

Looking at other comments I guess galactus sells thor, and jean, omega red etc must sell wolverine and selene must be selling cap right now, her and Sharon carter since they are always there. *Shrugs.*
    Lol. That WAS quick wasn't it. Try to celebrate Storm selling well and it immediately was sorta **** on. If this sold poorly, I highly doubt people would be saying it was because it featured Fantomex or Doug too much. We know who would probably get the "blame."
    Last edited by Saturius; 09-21-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Am I the only one who want a personality change for storm I think it’s time for a smart mouth ,badass storm, who tells it like it is instead of this passive back seat Mary Sue storm we have been getting lately, I want xtreme x-men storm back now that was a bad bi/$& who gave no f$&@s and shot bi$&@s in there chest lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The other GS issues did do well. Jean/Emma was #8 for its month, Nightcrawler was #23 , Magneto was #12, and Fantomex was #9. Nightcrawler didnt do as well but the rest were all comparable, hovering around Top 10 for total comics sold in a month
    this is one is the best charting one, so it's nice to see, that is all

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    Am I the only one who want a personality change for storm I think it’s time for a smart mouth ,badass storm, who tells it like it is instead of this passive back seat Mary Sue storm we have been getting lately, I want xtreme x-men storm back now that was a bad bi/$& who gave no f$&@s and shot bi$&@s in there chest lol
    I definitely think that if Storm hadn't lost a lot of her "edge" in the last 15 years or so she'd be more interesting. This serene, Mother Earth portrayal makes her a lot less compelling than when she was more willing to take names and stab people through the heart. We get glimpses of that like in Marauders when she busted out that vibranium knife but Storm I think is getting too caught up in her own hype if you know what I mean.

She's as powerful as ever but all too often she can't make tough choices (see: IvX) or define what she wants the direction of her people to be. She lacks a compelling voice and a lot of the wit and audaciousness that made her popular to begin with. Hopefully this big story/arc the X-office has planned for her includes bringing some of that personality back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    this is one is the best charting one, so it's nice to see, that is all
    It is but its too early to say its the best charting one as thats just for the week, not month. I dont think it'll stay at #5 when the Empyre and XoS stuff are thrown into the mix

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

that is the whole point of that initial post. storm charting that high shows the potential there. the idea that people are buying it because of everyone else in the book is a bit of a stretch to me especially when the cover the name only says storm.

and bingo! these solo books typically have other characters and its not just the feature character isolated from the greater mu.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    we will see where storm lands for the month but the fact she charted so high for the week is what is impressive and what shouldn't be discounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Turning Tchalla into a simp for Storm and then teasing a relationship with another women just for Storm to say its okay for her to keep him company when she's not around, only for her to die in one of the worst turncoat reveals of all time is not repairing. lol.
    he didn't become a simp. he acknowledged where he messed up with their relationship and he worked to fix it. in regards to nakia he lost his memories of Ororo due to the galatic wakandan empire and fell for her. The complications regarding that were addressed by Ororo beung understanding and not threatened by said interactions. Nevertheless, she died in an explosion and is a non factor. Tchalla didn't save nakia name for the password of his warship, it was Ororo. So yea he did much to repair it from the mess that was AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Lol. That WAS quick wasn't it. Try to celebrate Storm selling well and it immediately was sorta **** on. If this sold poorly, I highly doubt people would be saying it was because it featured Fantomex or Doug too much. We know who would probably get the "blame."
    right?? now we know had it been revealed the title was a dud not even breaking the tp 20 it would have been said she can't support a book because she works better with a team.

I also was intrigued at how quick the news regarding that was downplayed. but i can't say I was surprised.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I definitely think that if Storm hadn't lost a lot of her "edge" in the last 15 years or so she'd be more interesting. This serene, Mother Earth portrayal makes her a lot less compelling than when she was more willing to take names and stab people through the heart. We get glimpses of that like in Marauders when she busted out that vibranium knife but Storm I think is getting too caught up in her own hype if you know what I mean.

She's as powerful as ever but all too often she can't make tough choices (see: IvX) or define what she wants the direction of her people to be. She lacks a compelling voice and a lot of the wit and audaciousness that made her popular to begin with. Hopefully this big story/arc the X-office has planned for her includes bringing some of that personality back.
    I think Hickman just doesn’t know who storm his or doesn’t care she’s has just as much mouth as Emma but more classy and is just as fearless as Wolverine and hopefully now that she’s back to her normal self we’ll see that confident do whatever it takes leader she used to be