Page 250 of 613 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 9190
    Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Idk if y’all discussed this already or not but I just saw a video that stated Storm is supposed to have a big role in the MCU and one of the core member a La Captain America, Iron Man and Thor. Though they stated they wanted it to be very different from the Fox version so she will be from Wakanda. How do you guys feel they didn’t say she couldn’t have grown up in Kenya and spent time there but they stated she would be fromWakanda so I’m not sure what that means. If they can make it work with the history of Storm and her bloodline then I’m all for it. For the most part MCU does a good job with its characters.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Idk if y’all discussed this already or not but I just saw a video that stated Storm is supposed to have a big role in the MCU and one of the core member a La Captain America, Iron Man and Thor. Though they stated they wanted it to be very different from the Fox version so she will be from Wakanda. How do you guys feel they didn’t say she couldn’t have grown up in Kenya and spent time there but they stated she would be fromWakanda so I’m not sure what that means. If they can make it work with the history of Storm and her bloodline then I’m all for it. For the most part MCU does a good job with its characters.

I would love to have her introduced in Black Panther 2 before any XMen movies. I think they should handle it like they did with Avengers where the Xmen have solo movies or appear in other movies & then Xavier brings them together for XMen 1.

I just hope for less focus on Jean in the MCU movies. I would actually prefer to have Emma instead of Jean.

I also want Ororo as Xmen leader instead of Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Got this from franckd in the Jean thread

I always liked that costume for Storm. Although I prefer it without gloves.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    I don't like how they removed her Kenyan heritage but I would be okay with her being from Wakanda as long as they don't eliminate her royal ancestry. She was a princess long before she married T'Challa and became queen.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I don't like how they removed her Kenyan heritage but I would be okay with her being from Wakanda as long as they don't eliminate her royal ancestry. She was a princess long before she married T'Challa and became queen.
    Yeah I also don’t feel like they have to make her Wakandan. They could easily introduce her in Black Panther 2 as a refugee or runaway as Wakanda is supposed to be helping the rest of the world.

BANNED

How was Ororo's her Kenyan heritage removed? Last I checked she was an American born in Harlem, NYC to a photojournalist, and a princess of an unknown tribe in a village in Kenya. What's happened to changed that?
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-04-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So...MCU's version of making it different from the Fox version is making it different from the MU version.

Yeah...no.

I will wait until I get more definitive proof of what they're planning before giving the gossips any more attention.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I’d be fine with a retcon that she was born in Kenya and wasn’t crisscrossing the globe as an infant.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I would love to have her introduced in Black Panther 2 before any XMen movies. I think they should handle it like they did with Avengers where the Xmen have solo movies or appear in other movies & then Xavier brings them together for XMen 1.

I just hope for less focus on Jean in the MCU movies. I would actually prefer to have Emma instead of Jean.

As a Storm fan I would be piss if they made her Wakandian.
    Here's hoping she keep her ture origins and only showed up in Wakanda to help during the snap and is why she is "coming from Wakanda".

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m sure you all have talked about this before, but if Storm were to get another solo series what are some plotlines that you’d like to see?
    I would love for Ororo to survive an near death experience (assassination) and deal with the fall out and casualties of the situation.(Very God Love ManKill ) But have her return to her Serengeti Renegade ways by becoming a global Viggilante cominge at odds with world Hero community and the mutants .while on a journey to self discovery.

Why is it so difficult to re-tell her origin story, though?

Born in America. Taken to Egypt with her mother and father. They died in a terrorist bomb attack. She is orphaned and homeless and taken in by the "Fagan of Cairo". As a teen she escapes and wanders across the continent finally settling down in a small village in Kenya. Worshipped as a Goddess. Then found/recruited by Charles Xavier.

As origin stories go, hers is pretty straightforward. I don't see why writers feel the need to make it so complicated.
    Why is it so difficult to transpose the general themes and key elements of the source material without throwing in everything and the kitchen sink?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-04-2020 at 07:30 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

You forgot Worship as a Goddess.
    You gotta have the worship as a goddess.
    Key element.
    Lol.

LOL. Indeed. *edited to suit.

Her origin is straightforward...and interesting, as is. There's no need for retcons, revision, or embellishment.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-04-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post

I really want her introduced in BP2 as well but then I heard they are planning on introducing Logan through that movie which doesn’t make sense since Storm fits better with that story.
    I don’t like Kenya thing either but as you said if they keep her royal ancestry I won’t be mad at all. I’ll just be glad to see her get the focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So...MCU's version of making it different from the Fox version is making it different from the MU version.

Yeah...no.

I will wait until I get more definitive proof of what they're planning before giving the gossips any more attention.
    Yes I don’t know how true these allegations are ive heard numerous people confirm it from a “reliable source” saying this is the direction they wanna take with Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Sunfire, Nightcrawler, Havok being the starting lineup. I’ll post the video for you guys to see

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gO8UttkYqKo&t=322s
    You guys can draw from it whatever works.