Page 161 of 241 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3613
  1. #2401
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Leave me alone you Gremlin
    this made me scream lololll
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #2402
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    in portugal hoes were enjoying the sun before the goverment got pissed off their state of quarentine was seen as a early vacation to go to the beach

  3. #2403
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: STORM #1

    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W), RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (A/C)

    VARIANT COVER BY JEN BARTEL

    In GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY & EMMA FROST, Hickman and Dauterman took Jean and Emma into Storm's mind to learn what had happened to her. Now they take the X-Men's resident goddess to the far end of the world to save herself!

    Wakanda again?
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  4. #2404
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    in portugal hoes were enjoying the sun before the goverment got pissed off their state of quarentine was seen as a early vacation to go to the beach
    yea the same is happening here in the states.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wakanda again?
    hmmm I'm not sure I would consider wakanda the end of the earth but I would be interested if tchalla is sought for his help.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #2405
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea the same is happening here in the states.



    hmmm I'm not sure I would consider wakanda the end of the earth but I would be interested if tchalla is sought for his help.
    I have the same wondering about T'Challa. His intellect and Wakanda's advanced tech could be helpful in this situation. The crossover seems obvious, which doesn't mean it will happen.

  6. #2406
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I have the same wondering about T'Challa. His intellect and Wakanda's advanced tech could be helpful in this situation. The crossover seems obvious, which doesn't mean it will happen.
    agreed it doesn't mean it would happy but it while seem he would be the most logical choice to contact in helping her ailment. I hope the xoffices use this as an opportunity to demonstrate the krakoan ability to work with non-krakoan to help mutants. I'm sure there would be some who would be opposed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #2407
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed it doesn't mean it would happy but it while seem he would be the most logical choice to contact in helping her ailment. I hope the xoffices use this as an opportunity to demonstrate the krakoan ability to work with non-krakoan to help mutants. I'm sure there would be some who would be opposed.
    I agree. Some mutants would oppose reaching out to T'Challa, especially since his nation refused Krakoa drugs and are protectors of other African nations. This could be the segue into a good story for Ororo. Not the AvX crap, but an exploration into her multifaceted life--the intersectionality of Ororo's character. Also, at this point, the X-books need to directly show that Ororo and T'Challa are an established couple. I don't see that status changing at the end of Coates' BP run. If anything, I can see him doing something to affirm their commitment to and love for each other, as part of his farewell.

  8. #2408
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I agree. Some mutants would oppose reaching out to T'Challa, especially since his nation refused Krakoa drugs and are protectors of other African nations. This could be the segue into a good story for Ororo. Not the AvX crap, but an exploration into her multifaceted life--the intersectionality of Ororo's character. Also, at this point, the X-books need to directly show that Ororo and T'Challa are an established couple. I don't see that status changing at the end of Coates' BP run. If anything, I can see him doing something to affirm their commitment to and love for each other, as part of his farewell.
    omg yes please no more avx. that was just tragic. I love how you describe what this could mean for ororo and how her different roles interconnect , as well as how she manages working between both worlds. hickman did mention that this issue would set the stage for her moving forward so what you've stated doesnt seem farfetched. and I would love if Hickman works to reaffirm what coates did for these two as a couple. it would be such a gift to him as coates works towards new endeavors.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #2409
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    omg yes please no more avx. that was just tragic. I love how you describe what this could mean for ororo and how her different roles interconnect , as well as how she manages working between both worlds. hickman did mention that this issue would set the stage for her moving forward so what you've stated doesnt seem farfetched. and I would love if Hickman works to reaffirm what coates did for these two as a couple. it would be such a gift to him as coates works towards new endeavors.
    I agree. As we've all noted, there is so much writers have yet to explore about Ororo's character, her relationship with T'Challa and Wakanda being only one. I love that Coates had her claim both Wakanda and Krakoa as her nations and having equal status in her heart. She shouldn't have to choose, and I doubt if she would want to. How closely Hickman stays to Ororo's mindset as established by Coates in BP is anyone's guess. He isn't beholden to Coates to carry over anything he established of her character in BP. However, they (X-writers/editors) must know that many Ororo and Ororo/T'challa fans followed her into the BP comic because they either enjoy her character and want to read more of her, regardless of the comic she is in, and/or they are fans of the pairing and BP is the only comic where they could get their Ororo/T'Challa fix.

    So, with that in mind, it makes a lot of sense to me for Hickman to use some of what Coates established about Ororo in BP these past four years. Readers like consistency, when they can have it, across the comics their fav characters appear in.

  10. #2410

    Default

    Didn't we just have a "Storm gets a machine virus and almost dies, but Jean and T'Challa and some other people help her" in X-Men:Red? Come on Hickman, don't do another rip off issue.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-19-2020 at 05:48 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  11. #2411
    Fantastic Member Jalysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Looking at the Synopsis for Giant Size X-Men: Storm, I think they will do a homage/or nod of Ororo being infected by the Brood. In this case, she will fight off the infection or die, and will come out of this as a different person, but not necessarily Punk. Then her goals or role in life will probably shift dramatically.

    So Coates' Black Panther run is ending? I bet some BP fans are doing the tootsie roll in celebration.

  12. #2412
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Didn't we just have a "Storm gets a machine virus and almost dies, but Jean and T'Challa and some other people help her" in X-Men:Red? Come on Hickman, don't do another rip off issue.
    Yup. I had the same thought. I don't know why this idea is being retreaded. I imagine it will have a unique twist, though.

  13. #2413
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yup. I had the same thought. I don't know why this idea is being retreaded. I imagine it will have a unique twist, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Didn't we just have a "Storm gets a machine virus and almost dies, but Jean and T'Challa and some other people help her" in X-Men:Red? Come on Hickman, don't do another rip off issue.
    FINALLY, you guys picked up on that.

    Yes, the clothes storm is wearing SHOULD have stopped the Virus. But I guess this "Machine Virus" is more advance than Wakandan Tech since this Virus came from the Future or some Bullshit that deals with the Vault Bullshit.
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  14. #2414
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    FINALLY, you guys picked up on that.

    Yes, the clothes storm is wearing SHOULD have stopped the Virus. But I guess this "Machine Virus" is more advance than Wakandan Tech since this Virus came from the Future or some Bullshit that deals with the Vault Bullshit.
    Help a sista out and explain what you mean by Ororo's clothes should've stopped the virus. What am I missing about her X-uniform?

  15. #2415
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I agree. As we've all noted, there is so much writers have yet to explore about Ororo's character, her relationship with T'Challa and Wakanda being only one. I love that Coates had her claim both Wakanda and Krakoa as her nations and having equal status in her heart. She shouldn't have to choose, and I doubt if she would want to. How closely Hickman stays to Ororo's mindset as established by Coates in BP is anyone's guess. He isn't beholden to Coates to carry over anything he established of her character in BP. However, they (X-writers/editors) must know that many Ororo and Ororo/T'challa fans followed her into the BP comic because they either enjoy her character and want to read more of her, regardless of the comic she is in, and/or they are fans of the pairing and BP is the only comic where they could get their Ororo/T'Challa fix.

    So, with that in mind, it makes a lot of sense to me for Hickman to use some of what Coates established about Ororo in BP these past four years. Readers like consistency, when they can have it, across the comics their fav characters appear in.
    all of this is pitch perfect spot on. 100% aligned here.

    to your question about the suit her xmen red outfit was supposed to protect her against sentinite made by forge which is not the same here with this virus.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •