Page 178 of 241 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3609
  1. #2656
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Good question about Shuri. I think T'Challa has come to terms with that decision in a way that, perhaps, he hasn't with the others. I also thought the emotion T'Challa showed at losing Ororo again was much different from his emotions with the other events. With those, he really fought. But with her, he softened when she appeared, seeking her kiss to heal his hurt. I think Coates has taken the lemons of AvX and made lemonade with the couple. I sorely doubt any other writer, least of all an X-writer, will show them like this--loving and respecting each other. Even though we have 3 issues left, so far, Coates will leave T'Challa and Ororo in a better, stronger place than the characters were in when he started writing them four years ago. For BP/Storm fans, that's a good legacy for Coates.

    T'Challa also had a huge reaction, crying, when his father told him he was no longer his son. I think they all had a cumulative impact on him, especially being reminded of hurting the woman he loves because of his own weaknesses. So, as a friend of mine says: "Suck it up buttercup." That's pretty much what his ancestors was telling him. He needed to man up, stop making excuses, stop running away, stop doubting himself, and be the leader Wakanda needs.
    great analysis boo. I think your analysis here is spot on as usual. and you're tight he did have a big emotional response to his father denouncing him. I thought that part where he was crying was a flashback.

    and agreed to your point about where he will leave these two. I had just had a convo with another ororo friend and I asked the question: what would we be talking about as it pertains to ororo if not for Coates? for all the grief some give him I think if people really reflected on that question they, as ororo fans, would be more appreciative of his efforts.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #2657
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and agreed to your point about where he will leave these two. I had just had a convo with another ororo friend and I asked the question: what would we be talking about as it pertains to ororo if not for Coates? for all the grief some give him I think if people really reflected on that question they, as ororo fans, would be more appreciative of his efforts.
    OMG, so damn true. I had the same thought a couple of days ago but chose not to post the thought. I think you are spot on. If we take away all of the posts about Storm in BP, as well as in BP and the Crew, the page numbers of this thread (and the one before) would drop. Hell, how many pages alone have been devoted to her godhood status? And honestly, its not even as if Storm fans on this board are even complaining about Coates' characterization of her but mainly they want more, especially on the godhood front. So, yeah, whether Ororo fans like her with T'Challa or not, they've gotten more Ororo because she's been in Black Panther. And I would say that we've gotten, overall, a well written Ororo Munroe from Coates.

  3. #2658
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed. question. I was thinking about this but why wasnt leaving shuri to die one of his regrets? I figured it was because shuri told him that she understood and had no ill-feelings as she knew he had to do it.

    back to ororo, it definitely seemed of all the things he was shown he had the biggest emotional reaction to letting ororo go. I hope the next writer continues to build upon what coates wrote but I know there are some who have worked at marvel that dont want her involved at all with the BP mythos.
    Because he didnt leave her. She chose to stay.

  4. #2659
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Because he didnt leave her. She chose to stay.
    Very true. She did choose to stay. Great reminder.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 03-31-2020 at 03:28 PM.

  5. #2660
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    OMG, so damn true. I had the same thought a couple of days ago but chose not to post the thought. I think you are spot on. If we take away all of the posts about Storm in BP, as well as in BP and the Crew, the page numbers of this thread (and the one before) would drop. Hell, how many pages alone have been devoted to her godhood status? And honestly, its not even as if Storm fans on this board are even complaining about Coates' characterization of her but mainly they want more, especially on the godhood front. So, yeah, whether Ororo fans like her with T'Challa or not, they've gotten more Ororo because she's been in Black Panther. And I would say that we've gotten, overall, a well written Ororo Munroe from Coates.
    Indeed beloved. I try to imagine just how those conversations would go, because let's be clear a lot of the inclusions we have had of storm, even with her most recent appearance in giant size, linked back to her connections to BP.

    hammer time, taking orders from kitty 2x, greeting those who are resurrected, etc. it really doesnt give you much to be excited for, at least not me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Because he didnt leave her. She chose to stay.
    regardless of her choice he still felt bad knowing she would succumb to proxima. that was something I thought would weigh heavily on him and coates revealed this as such when he apologized for doing so.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #2661
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Indeed beloved. I try to imagine just how those conversations would go, because let's be clear a lot of the inclusions we have had of storm, even with her most recent appearance in giant size, linked back to her connections to BP.

    hammer time, taking orders from kitty 2x, greeting those who are resurrected, etc. it really doesnt give you much to be excited for, at least not me.



    regardless of her choice he still felt bad knowing she would succumb to proxima. that was something I thought would weigh heavily on him and coates revealed this as such when he apologized for doing so.
    Only Coates thinks that. The rest of us didn't give it a second thought because they're a warrior people. Going out fighting wouldn't be a new concept. If anything, he'd be proud of her. Tchalla regrets; Not using Basts' vision to protect the WK citizens. Not killing Namor after it happens. Working with the Illuminati in the first place and keeping it secret(He was the one who said it was a bad idea and refused to going the first time). Not taking Storm with him to NY.

  7. #2662

    Default

    I just read Hickman's Avengers run recently, and man, that issue where T'Challa visits Ororo and doesn't tell her about what's about to go down... it didn't sit right with me. Nor did the scene of T'Challa crying and not being able to destroy the other earth. Hickman did do some interesting things with T'Challa in that run(the whole king of the dead all that, and in fact the very notion of Coates' Djalia starts with Hickman's version), but overall I don't think he really understood him(or Ororo in her few scenes between here and the FF run), or Wakanda.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  8. #2663
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I just read Hickman's Avengers run recently, and man, that issue where T'Challa visits Ororo and doesn't tell her about what's about to go down... it didn't sit right with me. Nor did the scene of T'Challa crying and not being able to destroy the other earth. Hickman did do some interesting things with T'Challa in that run(the whole king of the dead all that, and in fact the very notion of Coates' Djalia starts with Hickman's version), but overall I don't think he really understood him(or Ororo in her few scenes between here and the FF run), or Wakanda.
    I think he got him pretty well. He just messed up once or twice. Mistakes any writer makes. His DoX Xmen issues 1, 2, and 3 were misses for me. Tchalla was balling before the scenes you mentioned. lol.

  9. #2664
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think he got him pretty well. He just messed up once or twice. Mistakes any writer makes. His DoX Xmen issues 1, 2, and 3 were misses for me. Tchalla was balling before the scenes you mentioned. lol.
    I didn't read. Which issues? Is it worth checking out?
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 03-31-2020 at 06:53 PM. Reason: delete

  10. #2665
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Only Coates thinks that. The rest of us didn't give it a second thought because they're a warrior people. Going out fighting wouldn't be a new concept. If anything, he'd be proud of her. Tchalla regrets; Not using Basts' vision to protect the WK citizens. Not killing Namor after it happens. Working with the Illuminati in the first place and keeping it secret(He was the one who said it was a bad idea and refused to going the first time). Not taking Storm with him to NY.
    I actually thought it would be a human reaction for him to have regrets on doing this knowing she would die.


    do you think he would have regretted picking the avengers over his wife?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #2666
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I actually thought it would be a human reaction for him to have regrets on doing this knowing she would die.


    do you think he would have regretted picking the avengers over his wife?
    He picked Wakanda over his wife. The Avengers just happened to be on that side too. Doing that is within character.

  12. #2667
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I didn't read. Which issues? Is it worth checking out?
    It is. I read Hickmans New Avengers, Infinity, Time Runs Out, and Secret Wars. All good. The story stretches back to his FF run too, but I only read one or two issues of that.

  13. #2668
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It is. I read Hickmans New Avengers, Infinity, Time Runs Out, and Secret Wars. All good. The story stretches back to his FF run too, but I only read one or two issues of that.
    Thank you very much. Well, with the stay at home order, I have time to read more.

  14. #2669
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thank you very much. Well, with the stay at home order, I have time to read more.
    New Avengers shares a continuity with Hickmans regular Avenger, but I didnt' read that part. I was only partly lost during Infinity, but it was the more boring side of the story anyway.

    Sorry, if you meant Xmen. Dawn of X Xmen. I didnt like the first three issues. It picked up with issue 4.

    If you read the crying and one night stand with Storm, you should just have Secret Wars next.
    Last edited by Cville; 03-31-2020 at 07:10 PM.

  15. #2670
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    New Avengers shares a continuity with Hickmans regular Avenger, but I didnt' read that part. I was only partly lost during Infinity, but it was the more boring side of the story anyway.
    Good to know. Thanks again for the info. I'll look into them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •