Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
While Ororo is the descendant of an ancient line of African priestesses, all of whom have white hair, blue eyes, and the potential to wield magic. Ororo is still a flesh and blood, human mutant, born to human parents.

That said... What I find interesting about Coates’ run is how he managed to connect Ororo being the object of worship to the local tribes of Kenya (after Ainet, taught her how to be responsible with her powers) with it being enough to ascend to the state of being an actual goddess and peer to the likes of Thor or Athena.
I think Coates in regards to her divinity was talking to the blood that flows within her veins and not necessarily to whom her parents were. its akin to our DNA that be traced back to hundreds or thousands of years to our ancestors. what I find interesting is that Claremont made it a point to emphasize her lineage going back to the beginning of time. I thought it was first mentioned here:

but I think it was first mentioned by Claremont here:

this could be what Coates is referencing regarding the divine aspect of her bloodline.