Page 66 of 613 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166566 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If they come talking about taking my child away and I had Sues' powers, that's exactly my response. Especially if one of them is Magneto who isn't exactly and upstanding citizen. They didn't even call and ahead came in force. That would be enough to get the door shut in your face. lol. If it had been just Xavier and they discussed it over tea, Sues' behavior would be an over reaction, but for this situation it was appropriate.
    Especially, with Magneto talking about how mutants are better than everybody else.

Xavier should have brought Kitty and Storm to talk to them about Franklin.

Though, they got me wondering if Val is a mutant too.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Especially, with Magneto talking about how mutants are better than everybody else.

Xavier should have brought Kitty and Storm to talk to them about Franklin.

Though, they got me wondering if Val is a mutant too.
    They've checked before, she doesn't have the x-gene.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yes, I go around smacking people who are pretending to be calm but are actually threatening me and my children. Yeah, that's how I roll. Smh.
    Your joking. Seriously? You attack people for no reason when you have heated disagreements and arguments? lol ok then..that's interesting. I'll stay away from you.

This is what I know, if you want to talk real life. People hide a lot behind the veneer of calmness. They use their fake calm demeanor as a weapon, even a bludgeon to excuse their bias, bad behavior, ill intent, etc. As soon as the other person reacts, even violently, to the supposedly calm person's real motive, it is the emotional person who is castigated and maligned. Trust me, I am that calm person who can cut a person with my words without raising my voice or using vulgar language.
    All the more reason why Sue Richards is wrong for attacking Magneto for no reason because she disagrees with him and Charles.

As a woman, I've seen "calm" men push a woman's button until she goes off on him. He smiles, then points at her and says, "See, the over emotional woman." As an African American, I've seen the same happen with "calm" whites who push a person of color's buttons until they go off. The white person smiles and says, "See, over emotional, violent, etc. black person..."
    Sure, you can go off. But you don't need to physically attack them is the point. Calm or not don't put your hands on them.

No, I'm not condoning violence. What I am saying is that a calmness can mask a lot. Underneath Xavier's calm veneer was a filament of threat that Sue detected. So, no, I wouldn't have physically attacked Magneto, but I also wouldn't have invited the X-Men into my home either, the way Sue did. Then what? Do you think the X-Men would've gone away, tails between their legs?
    But you at least recognize that attacking Magneto in the first place was wrong. Especially, since he didn't really do anything but make a statement to which Franklin replied to him. Sue Richards jumped the gun in thinking that Magneto was about to physically harm her son when he wasn't.

Interesting conversations here.

Choosing the two behind Onslaught to ask for their son was always going to be a mistake. I don't blame them for being on edge considering last time....

I'm disappointed that Storm wasn't as empathetic towards the FF's feelings. Especially when she blew Johnny away and declared Franklin had diplomatic immunity. That was really off, did she think he was gonna hurt him or something?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Also Scott may be the reason Reed masked Franklins DNA. He was talking out of pocket after the Sabertooth incident.
    excellent point!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If i look at it objectively and outside the story there is no way the FF are wrong in the overall picture. Franklin is there child and while he may have diplomatic immunity with the law because he is a mutant that doesn't mean that supersedes parental duty. If it was my mother or father there is no doubt in my mind the x-men would be dead right now. That said i'm loving the story and the x-men don't look like lunatics they do have sound reasoning and plaaaaans but shifted gear and are playing it right knowing they were in the wrong by leaning in on knowing reed would overstep (he really didn't) in the eyes of a teen and are hoping a teen acts like a teen. Once he steps foot on krakoa, it's basically game over for the FF unless Franklin wants to see them and they know it. I can't blame Reed.
    yup for the bold. the xmen were simply in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Choosing the two behind Onslaught to ask for their son was always going to be a mistake. I don't blame them for being on edge considering last time....

I'm disappointed that Storm wasn't as empathetic towards the FF's feelings. Especially when she blew Johnny away and declared Franklin had diplomatic immunity. That was really off, did she think he was gonna hurt him or something?
    I thought ororo was wrong too and while agree with your points I dont think she blee him away because of Franklin but I thought she did do to protect kitty.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Like Uncle Phil when the other parent insulted Ashley and his mother. When children are on the line, everything goes. lol.

LOL that's very unnerving.

That's funny though I remember that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So now we should just let our kids talk to strangers? That doesn't even make sense to me. If i saw an actor on tv that was very popular and i saw that same actor talking to my child when i don't want him to and or know him like that (ps. i don't have kids so maybe i'm wrong.) I'm going Incredible hulk on someone. Naw homie don't play that.
    What?? The X-Men are not strangers. But Friends with each other.

If your holding your child's hand and your friend walks up to you and says "Hello" to your child. Your telling me you would out right physically attack them??? They didn't touch your kid, sexually assault your kid, didn't try to grab your kid. But merely said "Hello" in front of you. You don't think you were wrong to punch your friend in the face for no reason when all they did was address your child by saying hi?

If that is offensive to a parent, surely that parent would tell you "Don't talk to my kid" or they will just walk away.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-05-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I thought ororo was wrong too and while agree with your points I dont think she blee him away because of Franklin but I thought she did do to protect kitty.
    I would have thought that too if it wasn't for her specifically telling him to stay away from Franklin. It felt wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I would have thought that too if it wasn't for her specifically telling him to stay away from Franklin. It felt wrong.
    this issue honestly started off wrong with Franklin face being controlled by no vidible hydrokinetic and it was downhill from there. I would like to think if this were written with everyone in character the xmen and f4 would have never come to blows. but I understand your thoughts there. it didnt read right.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    LOL that's very unnerving.

That's funny though I remember that episode.

What?? The X-Men are not strangers. But Friends with each other.

If your holding your child's hand and your friend walks up to you and says "Hello" to your child. Your telling me you would out right physically attack them??? They didn't touch your kid, sexually assault your kid, didn't try to grab your kid. But merely said "Hello" in front of you. You don't think you were wrong to punch your friend in the face for no reason when all they did was address your child by saying hi?

If that is offensive to a parent, surely that parent would tell you "Don't talk to my kid" or they will just walk away.
    What if they said they wanted to take them on a plane to the other side of the planet? And when you said no, they kept insisting?

First comes no, then comes curse words, and if they're still talking about it, they're gonna get some hands put on them.

What if they said they wanted to take them on a plane to the other side of the planet? And when you said no, they kept insisting?

First comes no, then comes curse words, and if they're still talking about it, they're gonna get some hands put on them.
    there is no scenario the xmen wiykd be right here. I dont think its justifiable even if they felt Franklin would be better off with them.

BANNED

Lol what??? Cville explain your example please. Who is “they” and who is taking “them” around the world???

I don’t know, I personally don’t think that gives you the right to put your hands on them.

I still haven't warmed up to Hickman's take on the X-verse so this whole pro-Krakoa push from Storm and the other X-characters just doesn't do it for me. Storm blowing Johnny away without even trying to talk to him was not her best moment. She is a former member of the Fantastic Four and one would not even know it from reading this issue. While her tenure on the FF was brief I think it could have acted as a means to elevate Storm. I hope she plays a greater role later in the story and doesn't job to Doom or anyone else. I also hope she is portrayed well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I picked up both Marauders #7 and X-Men/FF #1. I enjoyed both issues.

Marauders - Despite being (again 3 months later...) too light on Storm her moment of reconnection with Callisto was handled perfectly. It was nice to see their history respected. Callisto's characterization was great. And she looked beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of Cal. I am hoping she gets some shine in her role as the HFC White Knight. I would love to see her tentacles resurface (Octo-Cal was life in Excalibur) or recall her mutant power of tactical brilliance. Like a CQC showdown between her and Shinobi Shaw. The ending exchange between Emma and Shaw had me like.... I can see where this will create a heated/bloody confrontation between Storm and Emma. Losing Kitty would make Storm go postal and lethal whoever she thinks is at fault. I can see her blaming Emma and coming for her. I'd love for Ororo to make Shaw a drooling mess like Sinister once she learn the truth. This got a 8.5/10.

X-Men/FF was good but that conflict felt very forced. I think Ororo would not approve of Xavier's approach to the FF, and that she would recognize that Franklin is/would be safe with his parents. I would see Ororo taking an approach that would appeal too Franklin''s compassion for justice his fellow mutants. I can see that being something both he and his family could get behind but also their hesitancy to move forward with the idea due to the volatility of Krakoa. Storm being in approval doesn't feel in character to me at all. The FF felt OOC as well. And with Doom coming on the scene - I am curious if this writer will have Ororo throw down with him (and in a credible way). This gets a 7/10 from me. Good art ,interesting story premise but the characterization was off for the sake of thee story plot.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I still haven't warmed up to Hickman's take on the X-verse so this whole pro-Krakoa push from Storm and the other X-characters just doesn't do it for me. Storm blowing Johnny away without even trying to talk to him was not her best moment. She is a former member of the Fantastic Four and one would not even know it from reading this issue. While her tenure on the FF was brief I think it could have acted as a means to elevate Storm. I hope she plays a greater role later in the story and doesn't job to Doom or anyone else. I also hope she is portrayed well.
    Agreed.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I really dont see any lies in this post. your points are just further proof that this issue and conflict is really forced. could we have got a crossover where instead of fighting each other the xmen f4 worked together against a.common enemy?? I'm sure they will pull together eventually but man this is just too forced for my liking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I picked up both Marauders #7 and X-Men/FF #1. I enjoyed both issues.

Marauders - Despite being (again 3 months later...) too light on Storm her moment of reconnection with Callisto was handled perfectly. It was nice to see their history respected. Callisto's characterization was great. And she looked beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of Cal. I am hoping she gets some shine in her role as the HFC White Knight. I would love to see her tentacles resurface (Octo-Cal was life in Excalibur) or recall her mutant power of tactical brilliance. Like a CQC showdown between her and Shinobi Shaw. The ending exchange between Emma and Shaw had me like.... I can see where this will create a heated/bloody confrontation between Storm and Emma. Losing Kitty would make Storm go postal and lethal whoever she thinks is at fault. I can see her blaming Emma and coming for her. I'd love for Ororo to make Shaw a drooling mess like Sinister once she learn the truth. This got a 8.5/10.

X-Men/FF was good but that conflict felt very forced. I think Ororo would not approve of Xavier's approach to the FF, and that she would recognize that Franklin is/would be safe with his parents. I would see Ororo taking an approach that would appeal too Franklin''s compassion for justice his fellow mutants. I can see that being something both he and his family could get behind but also their hesitancy to move forward with the idea due to the volatility of Krakoa. Storm being in approval doesn't feel in character to me at all. The FF felt OOC as well. And with Doom coming on the scene - I am curious if this writer will have Ororo throw down with him (and in a credible way). This gets a 7/10 from me. Good art ,interesting story premise but the characterization was off for the sake of thee story plot.
    What Emma said to Shaw makes me feel like Emma knows.

I agree I’m more interested in how Storm finds out that Kitty is dead or missing? I can’t wait for Storm to get pissed.