Page 586 of 613 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 9190
  1. #8776
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    T'Challa was gone long enough for Shuri to rebuild Wakanda into a 'second golden age'. He was gone long enough for Krakoa to be founded. In-continuity, it must have been several months, at least, not weeks. And since Coates story still isn't finished and he's not chairperson of the Avengers yet, that story is over 30 issues behind current events.
    T'Challa canonically speaking was gone for a month, 2 at most. Time moved differently in whatever dimension he got sent to. And Shuri didn't do a damn thing, she was too busy deciding if she wanted to be Black Panther in his absence or not lol. Wakanda's a self-sustaining place, they could've easily rebuilt from a brief civil war and a few monster attacks in the few weeks T'Challa was missing.

  2. #8777
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Xtreme x-men 2003-2004 Storm was suppose to be written in something by claremont Ororo before the Storm released 2005 with her being pulled by the BP office in 2004 with a deal hudlin secured which changed Claremonts plans and pulled her out the x-books. Storm flounders in BP and Xmen after coming off a successful run.

    Extraodinary X-men 2016, Storm was leading the x-men again, you may not like the story but i enjoyed it for what it was. Later in 2017 Coates Pulls Storm for his BP run all of a sudden she goes from leading to being back up to kitty. She also had the all Female Xmen and the X-force book before BP team swooped in again. So she was def being used.

    So people can keep revising history all the want because it may not have been the Storm they wanted to see but to say she wasn't used is a flat out lie. People were gun shy when whenever they started a run the next BP writer would swoop in and try to use Storm once she was rebuilt again.
    Wolverine and Spiderman can be across all franchises without issue but because storm is in BP she can't be used by Claremont? Absolutely not. The xoffices just didn't want what claremont was offering. And let's be honest Xtreme wasn't really that great in comparison to his uncanny run. Also storm was featured in xbooks during hudlin bp/storm era (xmen xenogenesis, astonishing xmen). the bottom of the line what Claremont was wanting to sale didn't gel with the vision the xoffices had for the franchise at that time.

    after the schism between Logan and Scott resulting in their two factions of the xmen storm was regulated to a glorified foot soldier. when she led her team that was done under the mandate of cyclops and her time as leader was inconsequential to the real leader who was driving the main stories (cyclops and emma). when she later became headmistress that was only after both kitty and Logan stepped away from that role. she was then shown to be ineffectual against a toxic cloud and so stricken with guilt for going to war against the inhumans she transferred leadership of the xmen to kitty. the xoffices "big plans" for her after her annulled marriage was nothing at all to write home about which is why when Coates began to pen her so many storm fans were happy.

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    T'Challa was gone long enough for Shuri to rebuild Wakanda into a 'second golden age'. He was gone long enough for Krakoa to be founded. In-continuity, it must have been several months, at least, not weeks. And since Coates story still isn't finished and he's not chairperson of the Avengers yet, that story is over 30 issues behind current events.
    there is nothing canonically that establishes he was gone for months and definitely not years. therefore that would allow for him to have been in space and back in enough time to have gone on the adventures as shown by the avengers books.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-30-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #8778
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Wolverine and Spiderman can be across all franchises without issue but because storm is in BP she can't be used by Claremont? Absolutely not. The xoffices just didn't want what claremont was offering. And let's be honest Xtreme wasn't really that great in comparison to his uncanny run. Also storm was featured in xbooks during hudlin bp/storm era (xmen xenogenesis, astonishing xmen). the bottom of the line what Claremont was wanting to sale didn't gel with the vision the xoffices had for the franchise at that time.

    after the schism between Logan and Scott resulting in their two factions of the xmen storm was regulated to a glorified foot soldier. when she led her team that was done under the mandate of cyclops and her time as leader was inconsequential to the leader who was driving the main stories (cyclops and emma). when she later became headmistress that was only after both kitty and Logan stepped away from that role. she was then shown to be ineffectual against a toxic cloud and so stricken with guilt for going to war against the inhumane have leadership of the xmen to kitty. the xoffices big plans for her after her annulled marriage was nothing at all to write home about which us why when Coates began to pen her so many storm fans were happy.



    there is nothing canonically that establishes he was gone for months and definitely not years. therefore that would allow for him to have been in space and back in enough time to have gone on the adventures as shown by the avengers books.
    Real talk, all this other stuff aside if you don't work a job in PR you surely deserve one. Because you be going to bat.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  4. #8779
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Real talk, all this other stuff aside if you don't work a job in PR you surely deserve one. Because you be going to bat.
    lolol im just stating the facts. I remember the discussions had on this very forum about storm during that time. storm fans were upset it was Logan/Scott and not Ororo/Scott butting heads during schism. I remember storm fans being upset about her being unable to go to war against the inhumans. I remember them also being annoyed with her lack of presence during the era of bendis even when she was a headmistress and don't get me started on stormbot and lightning lass. what major development has she had under the xmen since her annulled marriage? why is anything wirth mentioning mostly from the black panther books? the proof is in the pudding.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-30-2020 at 01:52 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #8780
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Wolverine and Spiderman can be across all franchises without issue but because storm is in BP she can't be used by Claremont? Absolutely not. The xoffices just didn't want what claremont was offering. And let's be honest Xtreme wasn't really that great in comparison to his uncanny run. Also storm was featured in xbooks during hudlin bp/storm era (xmen xenogenesis, astonishing xmen). the bottom of the line what Claremont was wanting to sale didn't gel with the vision the xoffices had for the franchise at that time.

    after the schism between Logan and Scott resulting in their two factions of the xmen storm was regulated to a glorified foot soldier. when she led her team that was done under the mandate of cyclops and her time as leader was inconsequential to the leader who was driving the main stories (cyclops and emma). when she later became headmistress that was only after both kitty and Logan stepped away from that role. she was then shown to be ineffectual against a toxic cloud and so stricken with guilt for going to war against the inhumans she transferred leadership of the xmen to kitty. the xoffices "big plans" for her after her annulled marriage was nothing at all to write home about which is why when Coates began to pen her so many storm fans were happy.



    there is nothing canonically that establishes he was gone for months and definitely not years. therefore that would allow for him to have been in space and back in enough time to have gone on the adventures as shown by the avengers books.
    I don't know why it's hard for people to grasp time in comics is arbitrary and doesn't move as fast as in real life lol. T'Challa left in mid-2018 and like an issue after Shuri's book said he'd been gone for 2 weeks, in the main Black Panther book Nakia says it had been years since T'Challa joined the maroons. T'Challa was gone for roughly a month, shortly after becoming leader of the Avengers and head of the Agents of Wakanda. The Avengers may work together but we can rightfully assume they go days without seeing each other and T'Challa doesn't need to be there in order for them to function, and we know from Shuri's book Tony was aware T'Challa was missing.

    The current title is operating under the assumption that T'Challa comes back the same time he left, mid-late 2018. Many months before the announcement of Krakoa and the current DOX. The book that most accurately shows T'Challa's status quo is the Avengers, which is happening concurrently with the X-books. The idea T'Challa was gone for months is baseless and directly contradictory to what was said. Hell, there was a brief panel showing him and a couple other Avengers getting Professor X's mental message announcing Krakoa lol.

  6. #8781
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T'Challa canonically speaking was gone for a month, 2 at most. Time moved differently in whatever dimension he got sent to. And Shuri didn't do a damn thing, she was too busy deciding if she wanted to be Black Panther in his absence or not lol. Wakanda's a self-sustaining place, they could've easily rebuilt from a brief civil war and a few monster attacks in the few weeks T'Challa was missing.
    agreed. that's why I wanted to show the scan from shuri. a couple if weeks had passed on wakanda prime but years has passed on galatic wakanda. the time progression was different.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #8782

    Default

    T'Challa spent five years in the future. They traveled back through a wormhole, but in effect they still were gone from earth at least a few months. He's a changed man.

    Shuri #1 shows him and Manifold leave, and it's already been two weeks with them missing, in the same issue, and that was October 2018!

    tweeks.jpg

    Think of it this way: T'Challa helped in X-Men Red, which was a few months before, real time. So, he was gone during the entire Dissassembled/AoXM era. And then Krakoa was founded, he's still gone. Then he returns(must be months later, long enough for Shuri to rebuild a new golden age), Storm helps win his war(still unrevealed in Coates remaining issues).



    Sometime after that T'Challa becomes chairperson of the Avengers(and thus ensues Aaron's run) while Storm does her thing in HoX/DoX. So Coates stories of their relationship with Nakia is months removed from the present, and they've both been busy globe-trotting with their respective teams, not spending any time together, when Vita's Marauders picks up.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  8. #8783
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don't know why it's hard for people to grasp time in comics is arbitrary and doesn't move as fast as in real life lol. T'Challa left in mid-2018 and like an issue after Shuri's book said he'd been gone for 2 weeks, in the main Black Panther book Nakia says it had been years since T'Challa joined the maroons. T'Challa was gone for roughly a month, shortly after becoming leader of the Avengers and head of the Agents of Wakanda. The Avengers may work together but we can rightfully assume they go days without seeing each other and T'Challa doesn't need to be there in order for them to function, and we know from Shuri's book Tony was aware T'Challa was missing.

    The current title is operating under the assumption that T'Challa comes back the same time he left, mid-late 2018. Many months before the announcement of Krakoa and the current DOX. The book that most accurately shows T'Challa's status quo is the Avengers, which is happening concurrently with the X-books. The idea T'Challa was gone for months is baseless and directly contradictory to what was said. Hell, there was a brief panel showing him and a couple other Avengers getting Professor X's mental message announcing Krakoa lol.
    let facts always prevail. i agree with you here beloved. and I dint recall the professor x panel. what issue was that?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #8784
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol im just stating the facts. I remember the discussions had on this very forum about storm during that time. storm fans were upset it was Logan/Scott and not Ororo/Scott butting heads during schism. I remember storm fans being upset about her being unable to go to war against the inhumans. I remember them also being annoyed with her lack of presence during the era of bendis even when she was a headmistress and don't get me started on stormbot and lightning lass. what major development has she had under the xmen since her annulled marriage? why is anything wirth mentioning mostly from the black panther books? the proof is in the pudding.
    Except i wasn't one of those people and thats where we diverge. I can screen shot my comoixology and you can see i gave coates a fair chance but i prefer Storm with the x-men and i enjoyed those stories so from my perspective as an actual reader who don't do twitter and all that other stuff all i see is im getting the books i love then this whole Bp/Storm ripped from the tyler perry headlines thing. I don't get why some don't understand that. lol. I don't know what you mean my developement either i'm here for the character moments. I loved Extraodinary X-men, i loved X-force where she was leading so for me i didn't have the same problem some Storm fans seem to have so again i don't get why that is a problem or there is some perosnal agenda against coates implied when i can say for myself i gave him a fair chance. If it's really about exploring storm why is coates so important? I don't get it, why is it all about this one writer and not the character?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  10. #8785
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    T'Challa spent five years in the future. They traveled back through a wormhole, but in effect they still were gone from earth at least a few months. He's a changed man.

    Shuri #1 shows him and Manifold leave, and it's already been two weeks with them missing, in the same issue, and that was October 2018!

    tweeks.jpg

    Think of it this way: T'Challa helped in X-Men Red, which was a few months before, real time. So, he was gone during the entire Dissassembled/AoXM era. And then Krakoa was founded, he's still gone. Then he returns(must be months later, long enough for Shuri to rebuild a new golden age), Storm helps win his war(still unrevealed in Coates remaining issues).



    Sometime after that T'Challa becomes chairperson of the Avengers(and thus ensues Aaron's run) while Storm does her thing in HoX/DoX. So Coates stories of their relationship with Nakia is months removed from the present, and they've both been busy globe-trotting with their respective teams, not spending any time together, when Vita's Marauders picks up.
    it wasnt in the future. I originally thought the same but the time was simply distorted. their stories occurred in parallel but the time between both places transpired differently:



    in fact the galatic empire has been around for 2000 years and we know tchalla went to space and was missing for two weeks when in Shuri book they looked to make her the new black panther:

    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-30-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #8786

    Default

    The original exploration crew was sent 2000 years into the past accidentally. Over the course of 2000 years, they colonized and enslaved several galaxies. When T'Challa and Manifold left in '2018', before the end of X-Men Red, they also accidentally got warped to the extent that they lived 5 years before they return to earth, a few months(long enough from '2018' that Shuri rebuilt Wakanda and the mutants founded Krakoa) after they left. It can't be just 'two weeks' between X-Men Red and Krakoa being a thing.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 11-30-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  12. #8787
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    let facts always prevail. i agree with you here beloved. and I dint recall the professor x panel. what issue was that?
    House of X #6, written by Jonathan Hickman himself and published October 2019. When X makes the announcement about Krakoa and the life-saving drugs (which Wakanda rejects), T'Challa is shown receiving that message alongside Steve and Tony. All in all I think it's fair to say the current arc in BP takes place entirely in mid-late 2018 and that the actual status quo of BP is where he's at with the Avengers. Meaning he was gone for about a month in-universe.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-30-2020 at 02:33 PM.

  13. #8788

    Default

    ^Which is to say that Coates BP ending is already irrelevant before it's even seen print.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  14. #8789
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Except i wasn't one of those people and thats where we diverge. I can screen shot my comoixology and you can see i gave coates a fair chance but i prefer Storm with the x-men and i enjoyed those stories so from my perspective as an actual reader who don't do twitter and all that other stuff all i see is im getting the books i love then this whole Bp/Storm ripped from the tyler perry headlines thing. I don't get why some don't understand that. lol. I don't know what you mean my developement either i'm here for the character moments. I loved Extraodinary X-men, i loved X-force where she was leading so for me i didn't have the same problem some Storm fans seem to have so again i don't get why that is a problem or there is some perosnal agenda against coates implied when i can say for myself i gave him a fair chance. If it's really about exploring storm why is coates so important? I don't get it, why is it all about this one writer and not the character?
    People of course like different things for different reasons. I'm certain most storm fans prefer her with the xmen but most storm fans I've conversed with also didn't like how she was handled pre-hickman. I think most people or readers of the comics perhaps don't see her being ripped away from the xmen as you do because canonical she was still present in the xbooks. Her presence at that time and even when she was back in the xbooks post the annulled marriage was more or less as a supporting role with little influence on the overall plot to the story.

    those stories in extraordinary and even xforce where I had high hopes for fell real flat to me. I dont know. a lot of the xmen stories feel so uninspired and they never use her to the full potential I as a storm fan would hope to see. that is why for me when Coates went big and made her an actual goddess it excited me in ways I haven't been at that point since Claremont. and I dont think I said you had a personal agenda against Coates so not sure where that came from.

    to your last question it is always about storm but again a lot of the xwriters like to limit her as opposed to letting her soar to her full potential. objectively speaking I can't point to one thing in the hickman era that I have seen from the perspective of character development for ororo. I see some say that they prefer this to feats but what development has she actually had? Its still the status quo she is a foot soldier for the xmen. Coates, for all who give him grief, had her reflect on the intersectionality of being a black woman and mutant, explore aspects of her femininity and confidence of being a woman when paired to another, interactions with people who look like her in a positive manner, regaining confidence in herself after failure during IvX, becoming an actual goddess of the most advanced nation in the MU, repauring her botched relationship with Wakanda/Tchalla, etc. there was so much development she received during Coates run that could have been expanded to make her large force within the MU beyond the xmen and wakanda. I cant think of any development thst pushes the needle forward from the status quo in the hickman run that compares to that we have seen from Coates. this is why I refer back to coates because he has been the only writer in recent years that is actually showing her to the potential she can be both powerwise and character wise.

    so again I ask what development has she had within the xbooks or even in the post hickman era?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-30-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #8790
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    ^Which is to say that Coates BP ending is already irrelevant before it's even seen print.
    It was irrelevant when it was getting published, so what else is new lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •