Page 32 of 110 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 1649
  1. #466
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's the feeling I get. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
    are you actually liking her in mauraders ? I'm not sure you're reading it or not.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #467
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they have nothing planned unless they planning to undo everything coates has done lol.
    I've already said I don't think they will touch it. That would mean elevating her above a few other X-characters.

  3. #468
    Incredible Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    She married and is currently dating a human. She's worshipped as a goddess by humans. She's made great friends with humans.

    It's not foolish to believe that there are good humans just as it's foolish to believe all mutants are good.
    That's fine as an individual, but i dont expect ororo forcing her personal experiences into the larger krakoan society who probably have no reasons to belive the same , and that was what you were sugesting. she is way too wise and experienced for that.
    if she managed the politics and pushes create an equal field of interaction and the friendship betwen mutants and humans, wonderful, awesome, she has years of experience at those sort of ordeals.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-19-2020 at 03:18 PM.

  4. #469
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think like most of us that Storm should have her own team and book. They aren't going to have her overshadow Kitty/Kate in Marauders. She's on the Quiet Council but they seem to have her playing hostess.

    At some point, I'd like to see her put her foot down and be boss about things she'd like to see done with mutantkind and at some point, establishing ties with sympathetic humans who want to work and live with mutants. And not just on Krakoa.
    yes to all of this. she is taking being a quiet council member way too literally. it's nice to see her have these roles but I'm bot seeing any substantive execution of her having this title. in fact she seems more like a general like bishop versus actually being a quiet concil member.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I've already said I don't think they will touch it. That would mean elevating her above a few other X-characters.
    if they touched it that would put her above apocalypse for instance and as you said I dont see that ever happening. that said, this things of humans worshipping mutants and magneto referring to themselves as gods seem quite interesting to me. like I wonder is he trying to slowly work the idea of mutant fmdivinity into the xlore.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #470
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    are you actually liking her in mauraders ? I'm not sure you're reading it or not.
    Yeah, I'm reading it(it has both her and Bishop so that's a winner for me). I think she's been pretty good so far and they've avoided a lot of clichés with her.

    I'm good with it.

  6. #471
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I'm reading it(it has both her and Bishop so that's a winner for me). I think she's been pretty good so far and they've avoided a lot of clichés with her.

    I'm good with it.
    oh thsts good to hear. you I am assuming liking bishop too ?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #472
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh thsts good to hear. you I am assuming liking bishop too ?
    Yup, he's one of my favorite characters, not just X-Men.

    They finally washed away the stain of Messiah Complex and he's a viable character again.

  8. #473
    Incredible Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    975

    Default

    im still feeling betrayed over vita teasing us with an ororo figure smh

  9. #474
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    That's fine as an individual, but i dont expect ororo forcing her personal experiences into the larger krakoan society who probably have no reasons to belive the same , and that was what you were sugesting. she is way too wise and experienced for that.
    if she managed the politics and pushes create an equal field of interaction and the friendship betwen mutants and humans, wonderful, awesome, she has years of experience at those sort of ordeals.
    It's not forcing anything on anyone if there are other mutants and humans feel they way she does. And none of this has to happen on Krakoa.

    Besides, Storm is a true leader and leaders can inspire.

  10. #475
    Incredible Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's not forcing anything on anyone if there are other mutants and humans feel they way she does. And none of this has to happen on Krakoa.

    Besides, Storm is a true leader and leaders can inspire.
    Hence setting the stage, but storm is not a fool to think all mutants will be as well recieved as her, leaders inspire yes but not at the cost of its followers, imo. Storm is the exception, not the rule in terms of mutantxhuman interactions, and it would be terrible writting if she forgot that whe pushing for higher level of interactions betwen mutants and humans.
    Even coates recently reinforced that aspect of her self awareness of issues around her when discussing with tchalla the corruption of space wakanda
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-19-2020 at 03:51 PM.

  11. #476
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Hence setting the stage, but storm is not a fool to think all mutants will be as well recieved as her, leaders inspire yes but not at the cost of its followers, imo. Storm is the exception, not the rule in terms of mutantxhuman interactions, and it would be terrible writting if she forgot that whe pushing for higher level of interactions betwen mutants and humans.
    Even coates recently reinforced that aspect of her self awareness of issues around her when discussing with tchalla the corruption of space wakanda
    Again, the assumption is that all humans hate mutants when that is not a proven fact. There are other mutants that have good relations with humans so Storm is not an oddity.

    Storm needs to differentiate herself from other mutant leaders, not just mutants. She needs a voice that's different from the regular propaganda on Krakoa and this should be her agenda.

    If not, they'll give it to someone else and she will become just another background character waiting to be jobbed to the next big threat.

  12. #477
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    im still feeling betrayed over vita teasing us with an ororo figure smh
    I saw those announcements to. And when I saw her name I was like "whats this have to do with Storm". Lol

  13. #478
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's not forcing anything on anyone if there are other mutants and humans feel they way she does. And none of this has to happen on Krakoa.

    Besides, Storm is a true leader and leaders can inspire.
    I think a satellite location in Kenya for her would be nice. A few of those WK bird like planes circling overhead. That economic protectorate has to be good for something.

  14. #479
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yup, he's one of my favorite characters, not just X-Men.

    They finally washed away the stain of Messiah Complex and he's a viable character again.
    oh messiah complex was awful to him but you're absolutely right. I actually kind of forgot mc happened so I think hes good now lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    im still feeling betrayed over vita teasing us with an ororo figure smh

    yea that was pretty messed up. silly storm fans for thinking the xoffices would do something like give her a solo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #480
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think like most of us that Storm should have her own team and book. They aren't going to have her overshadow Kitty/Kate in Marauders. She's on the Quiet Council but they seem to have her playing hostess.

    At some point, I'd like to see her put her foot down and be boss about things she'd like to see done with mutantkind and at some point, establishing ties with sympathetic humans who want to work and live with mutants. And not just on Krakoa.
    With all the resurrected Mutants and new ones. It would be a great move isto make her lead her own team of XMen relatively new faces or old forgotten ones.

    That way we get to see Storm and new character get development like and new angle . like second genesis lead by Storm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •