Page 240 of 613 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 9190
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've always and absolutely loved how beauty-fully blue her eye is coloured in that panel. Nowadays they don't use that shade of blue (it's always a pale "washed-out" hue)...when they actually deign to colour her pupils. They just go the lazy route buy not giving her pupils at all.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've always and absolutely loved how beauty-fully blue her eye is coloured in that panel. Nowadays they don't use that shade of blue (it's always a pale "washed-out" hue)...when they actually deign to colour her pupils. They just go the lazy route buy not giving her pupils at all.
    I agree that Storm being shown with all white/gray eyes is lazy and I feel like this happens much to often these days. I also prefer that specific hue of blue from that panel. However, I do have to say that I'm glad she is no longer portrayed with the cat-like pupils. I was never really a fan of them.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    does anyone know when Black Panther # 23 will be released?

Amazon sent me another updated release date, which pushes it back to the first Wed in Sept. Smh.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    i'm cool with the Kickboxing but Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, I don't see Storm as a gabbler type...maybe Jeet Kune Do. Lots of speed with some power there.

Now you got me wondering what fight style Storm practices.

We know she above your average Hand Ninja but below seasoned fighters like Wolverine and Captain America.

Good question about Storm's martial art of choice. Maybe martial art from Africa like dambe, laamb, or Zulu stick fighting.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Amazon sent me another updated release date, which pushes it back to the first Wed in Sept. Smh.
    Thanks ;-;

From X-Men Monday #60

AIPT: Last one. A couple of chapters into X of Swords, which X-Men character will everyone be talking about?

Jordan: A couple chapters in… what X-Character… well, depending on how you define “couple,” I think there’s a good chance it’s Storm.
    Interesting.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-25-2020 at 10:08 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

From X-Men Monday #60

Interesting.
    Hey thanx for posting, starving for news.

Spectacular Member

From X-Men Monday #60

Interesting.
    From that exchange I'd say that peeks my curiosity but interest not really, though I am curious where this whole Sword thing is gonna play out along with the rest of the krakoa scene. Guess it's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I agree that Storm being shown with all white/gray eyes is lazy and I feel like this happens much to often these days. I also prefer that specific hue of blue from that panel. However, I do have to say that I'm glad she is no longer portrayed with the cat-like pupils. I was never really a fan of them.

For me, the cat pupils are an essential part of her. She was portrayed with this unique attribute from the very beginning and this made me more curious about this aspect of her mutation (if it was indeed an aspect of her mutation) and how she was initially described as cat-like/feline like, iirc. It set her apart from others at the time and truly made her special - at least for me. I wish that they had remained more consistent and true to this aspect of her character.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

From X-Men Monday #60

Interesting.
    I dont trust Jordan. he said it depends on how you define couple so I'm hoping they ain't trying to ship storm with one of her fellow xmen colleagues. no thanks I will pass on that.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    For me, the cat pupils are an essential part of her. She was portrayed with this unique attribute from the very beginning and this made me more curious about this aspect of her mutation (if it was indeed an aspect of her mutation) and how she was initially described as cat-like/feline like, iirc. It set her apart from others at the time and truly made her special - at least for me. I wish that they had remained more consistent and true to this aspect of her character.

I agree with this 100%.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=butterflykyss;4984315]I dont trust Jordan. he said it depends on how you define couple so I'm hoping they ain't trying to ship storm with one of her fellow xmen colleagues. no thanks I will pass on that.

Hell, hopefully that's not the case given her status in that regard. Man, I find that concept in comics super corny and unnecessary like just because these catz fight on the same team doesn't mean they gotta pursue each other romantically especially the x men because from what I looked up they can't keep they're hands off each other and that's my biggest gripe about storm and the other x men in that regard (I see why Batman isn't a fan of relationships within super teams). I ain't gonna jump the shark but I'm curious as to how this whole sword thing plays out from a story stand point.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Honestly I could take or leave the slant iris thing Ro has going on, if you ask me being a black woman with white hair and blue eyes is unique enough for me.

BANNED

Claremont had this in mind based on ororo's design

Since the 80's, a lot has been discovered about ancient mankind, including a line of blue eyed, dark skinned humans that lived across Europe. So, Wein, Cockrum, and Claremont were kinda correct, by accident.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Claremont had this in mind based on ororo's design

"An amalgam of all racial phenotypes" I don't know about that, plus the white hair thing is a small chance in being a feature on it's own without being tied to albinism, loss of melanin aka vitiligo or just growing older. The only "Caucasian feature" Ro has honestly is her eyes, this honestly makes me wish storms lineage was more explored because I believe her powers are beyond the origin of the X gene she posses which would explain her hidden awoken skill aka her Godhead.