Page 505 of 584 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 8753
  1. #7561
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    BK, you and I have gone back and forth over Coates since he started his run. You know BP fans did not like the way he handled BP in the relationship.

    BP apologized.

    BP admitted that things were his fault.

    BP was the one to make amends.

    So whatever that was in Marauders came out of nowhere in contrast to how they were in BP. Like I said, X gotta hate.
    Yes you, MindofShadow, blackclaw, skyvolt, majestik, ezyo and many many other bp fans warned me and I naively argued for them to be together. you guys said it wouldn't last because of the drama filled stories that plague the xbooks and their inability to show black men in a good light. i again naively argued against that narrative. you guys stated coates should have just let that relationship die.

    fast forward to the announcement that vita (the them who wrote shuri during Coates' run) was writing a storm/bp issue and i was excited that finally the xoffices would do exactly what I so long argued they would do: respect what coates work and show these two in love. surely a black, lgbtq individual would do this story justice, right. RIGHT? goddess was i wrong. the sad thing about this is that coates really is an xmen fan and it was the office he loved so dearly that ultimately pooped on everything he worked to repair. just really really really disappointing.

    also just wanted to add tchalla nor the royal family did anything wrong here. just as the krakoans have laws they expect people to respect as a sovereignty, so does wakanda. instead of trusting shuri and respecting their laws and culture, she took things in her own hands and she came across childish, short-sighted, untrustworthy, and disloyal. was not a good look for her.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-08-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #7562
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you know he had a lot he was dealing with he literally had weight if the universe existence on his shoulder. that said, the art was pretty bad lolol
    I mean, Storm ain't lookin much better there haha
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  3. #7563
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,698

    Default

    I blame this crap entirely on Coates.
    They were married. The marriage was annulled. They both moved on. They were happy.
    And Coates could not leave well enough alone. He had to put them back together because he secretly desired to write an X-Book and using Storm in BP was the closest thing to that.
    The X-Offices were not under any obligation to acknowledge or follow through on what he was doing. They didn't...not directly. They did what the felt they had to do. And here we are.

    People are weeping and wailing and gnashing teeth (crying about the "End of Black Love" and such rubbish) as if T'Challa is the only man Storm has loved and lost...as if Storm is the only woman T'Challa has loved and lost.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  4. #7564
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, Storm ain't lookin much better there haha
    she looked a mess as well. besides how she was drawn the mohawk was tragic
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #7565
    Incredible Member Stormrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I blame this crap entirely on Coates.
    They were married. The marriage was annulled. They both moved on. They were happy.
    And Coates could not leave well enough alone. He had to put them back together because he secretly desired to write an X-Book and using Storm in BP was the closest thing to that.
    The X-Offices were not under any obligation to acknowledge or follow through on what he was doing. They didn't...not directly. They did what the felt they had to do. And here we are.

    People are weeping and wailing and gnashing teeth (crying about the "End of Black Love" and such rubbish) as if T'Challa is the only man Storm has loved and lost...as if Storm is the only woman T'Challa has loved and lost.
    Preach! This is really how I feel.

  6. #7566
    Spectacular Member The92Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    BK, you and I have gone back and forth over Coates since he started his run. You know BP fans did not like the way he handled BP in the relationship.

    BP apologized.

    BP admitted that things were his fault.

    BP was the one to make amends.

    So whatever that was in Marauders came out of nowhere in contrast to how they were in BP. Like I said, X gotta hate.
    I believe that now it is time for Storm to do all that... and honestly, this whole bullshit could have been avoided. Both Storm and T'Challa were so OOC that I wasn't even sure if they are really Storm and BP... Now Storm has to apologise because an editor or writer or from whoever that order came down to break their relationship, yet again, (I highly suspect Marvel Editors) didn't act like herself. Storm would never go behind BP's back and steal shit from him, this is so not her especially seeing that warm welcoming relationship and all BP did for her elevating her as a Goddess and their romance was just reignited... yet here we have Marvel Editors doing b*llshit yet again ruin a great story just because they cannot handle one outside link for Storm... that is just pathetic.

    If I was their boss, I would have literally given them their letter of release and I would have never given them a good review for their next job. They cannot handle simple things, relationship, how is that possible? For Editors, who are supposed to know, all the history of those characters to let this happen.

    I do get the whole idea with the new swords Hickman wanted to leave even a bigger mark on Marvel universe, it is like pride to him... but god did they miss the chance to use the Bone Sword.

    I am not a huge fan of BP but this was so OOC of him, as well and Storm, I just can't believe how can Marvel Editors amiss something so huge and so unrealistic.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 10-08-2020 at 01:31 PM.

  7. #7567
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I believe that now it is time for Storm to do all that... and honestly, this whole bullshit could have been avoided. Both Storm and T'Challa were so OOC that I wasn't even sure if they are really Storm and BP... Now Storm has to apologise because an editor or writer or from whoever that order came down to break their relationship, yet again, (I highly suspect Marvel Editors) didn't act like herself. Storm would never go behind BP's back and steal shit from him, this is so not her especially seeing that warm welcoming relationship and all BP did for her elevating her as a Goddess and their romance was just reignited... yet here we have Marvel Editors doing b*llshit yet again ruin a great story just because they cannot handle one outside link for Storm... that is just pathetic.

    If I was their boss, I would have literally given them their letter of release and I would have never given them a good review for their next job. They cannot handle simple things, relationship, how is that possible? For Editors, who are supposed to know, all the history of those characters to let this happen.

    I do get the whole idea with the new swords Hickman wanted to leave even a bigger mark on Marvel universe, it is like pride to him... but god did they miss the chance to use the Bone Sword.


    I am not a huge fan of BP but this was so OOC of him, as well and Storm, I just can't believe how can Marvel Editors amiss something so huge and so unrealistic.

    agreed to everything in bold. wouldnt it have been nice if she could have used the sword of bone, actually furtherung developing her xmen related mythos? missed opportunity. instead the omega level weather mutant needs a sword to amplify her lightning :/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #7568
    Spectacular Member The92Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed to everything in bold. wouldnt it have been nice if she could have used the sword of bone, actually furtherung developing her xmen related mythos? missed opportunity. instead the omega level weather mutant needs a sword to amplify her lightning :/
    I sent a direct message to Jordan D. White because I am really taken aback on how he would miss something so huge.

  9. #7569
    Incredible Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That is only an interpretation. One of many. And probably a spurious one at best given the stakes All Mutants have faced and are facing. It's not the whole truth of the matter, and her actions not taken in context of the whole narrative being told.
    A lot of these reactions are purely emotional and personal...understandably so but...one should also be able to look at the work from a removed and objective position.

    Unfortunately...twitter ensues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And...just because you are entitled to give a negative comment does not mean you have to be a rude, disrespectful SeeYouNextTuesday towards the creator.

    While I may personalise the work and feel deeply and strongly about it, the writers and the artists aren't creating for me and only me. And what I may hate others will love and vice versa.
    So attacking the creators for my disappointment (and let's be honest, that's exactly what it is...personal disappointment) is beyond ludicrous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously
    More often than not it's just to promote their work/projects and have a few laughs...good, light, fun stuff. Not to be inundated with a barrage of unsolicited feedback and "advice".
    Correct me if I’m misinterpreting what you’ve been trying to say in these posts but I don’t think it’s particularly fair to insinuate that all of people’s qualms with this issue stem from “disrespectful” or “personal problems” with what the outcome was. It’s been said by people on both sides of the fence when it comes to the BP/Storm relationship that while there were some cute moments with Storm doing her thing, the plot was filled holes the size of Wakanda’s Great Mound. Between all the tech between Wakanda and Krakoa, omega level telepaths and cerebro abound, and personal lines of communication either between Ororo and T’challa or the Royal Family and T’challa he “couldn’t be reached” in a matter of of potentially global peril? Shuri, an intellectual genius and renown tech savant with the knowledge of the ancestors bringing a knife to an omega level mutant fight? Shuri doubting Ororo’s motives and loyalty after saving her brother and her nation/people on multiple occasions, many times at the risk of her own life? Ororo not even giving them a single night to hear back from T’challa because of a time imperative that only applied to her stealing the sword and not to sitting on her ass, shooting the shit with Logan and Illyana for another two days while everyone else apparently takes their time to show up? Especially when it would’ve been most beneficial and smart to attempt to preserve the best of relations between the people and governing bodies of Wakanda and Krakoa as allies?

    Say what you will about your own opinions but to imply that any contrary sentiment readers have with the issue are just due to them being butt hurt about them not getting their own preference when it comes to Ororo and T’challa’s relationship comes across as dismissive to many of the actual, viable, and valid problems with the story Vita told. I, myself, said that if the story had the same outcome but with a believable and well-written story to guide it I wouldn’t have a problem at all, even though I am partial to the relationship. Like many have said before, this issue works perfectly. If and only if you totally ignore any interactions Ororo has had with T’challa, Shuri, and the people of Wakanda in the last 4 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Idk if you can make such clear constraints on a social media platform like Twitter. Do I think personal attacks and harassment are acceptable? Absolutely not.

    HOWEVER, if you promote your work on Twitter, which leads to people spending their hard earned money on your work, I think it’s very reasonable for people to go back to the same platform and share how they felt about it.
    Very much agree with you here. To say that writer’s can hype their work, promote you spending your dollars on it, and happily accept and interact with praise of their work is fine but any negative perspectives or opinions about said work is “harassment” and “bullying” is nonsensical. There’s a difference between attacking/harassing a writer personally out of anger and expressing a dissenting opinion about their work that they were happy enough to promote and discuss publicly. To block anyone who doesn’t blindly love what you’re doing as a creator is childish and vain to me. However it is their right to be that way if they so choose. They shouldn’t be surprised though when people lose respect for them because of it.

  10. #7570
    Incredible Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed to everything in bold. wouldnt it have been nice if she could have used the sword of bone, actually furtherung developing her xmen related mythos? missed opportunity. instead the omega level weather mutant needs a sword to amplify her lightning :/
    Lol just imagine them giving Magneto a sword that “amplifies his magnetic prowess”. You can’t? Don’t worry, I can’t either.

  11. #7571
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I sent a direct message to Jordan D. White because I am really taken aback on how he would miss something so huge.
    check your dm boo. let me know if you can resend the invite also what did you say???
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #7572
    Mighty Member pkingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Its an entire event about swords, that doesn't involve many of the actual swordsmen and women in the X books or any of the already existing legendary swords, to say nothing of how they're going around and taking swords from humans and other cultures rather than relying on mutant powers. Its a mess.

    You can both A) dislike the Storm/BP ship, how and why it started, and B) criticize how its ended. They aren't mutually exclusive.

    Apologies for the 'Vita's run on Marauders' thing. Its mostly Duggan and Vita just did the one issue for some reason. Its baffling how this whole thing played out, because a couple of simple edits would have gone a long way towards fixing the story. Not having Black Panther show up and not having Storm just get back and sit and wait would have fixed so much. It almost feels like they brought Vita on to deflect from criticism of the handling of Storm.

    I don't understand the hate for Coates' story. I don't like the ship of the two, but Coates handled it with much more maturity and weight than I've seen from other writers. Ironically, in Coates' Black Panther AND Captain America runs Krakoa has come across as a much healthier and respectful country than it has in the X books.

    Edit: stories like this make me miss the old Stan Lee days where a character could just say "I haven't been able to get in touch with Black Panther!" and a little caption at the bottom would say something like "Black Panther is in trouble! Check out Avengers #X to see what's happening to T'Chala right now!" There's so much going on in the Marvel universe right now that I can't be upset with BP not returning phone calls.
    Last edited by pkingdom; 10-08-2020 at 02:05 PM.

  13. #7573
    Spectacular Member The92Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    check your dm boo. let me know if you can resend the invite also what did you say???
    I wrote a lot and I touched on several quite critical issues. I mean it is mostly negative (so I do expect possible block) but if he does sit and reads all I've written he would understand it.

    I gave him a direct link to this thread here from page 485 till now. I do hope he will at least check all that feedback... I mean 20+ pages of 80% negative feedback is a huge thing. I touched on how he could let something like this to slip between his fingers, because, well it is not normal. I mean if I had such script placed in front of me, I, as a writer or even editor will simply drag two long red lines and I will say. "No. You either provide me more, as a build-up on what you plan to do at a later date or just sit back and re-read the 4 years of story that has been written from the BP/Avengers office by Coates."

    You cannot expect any writer with his saint mind or editor for that matter, to approve such script. There is like a lot of out of character behaviour (on which I touched as well in my PM) and uncharacteristic traits for Storm or Black Panther. This is all kinds of wrong, I mean it SCREAMS RED HOT WRONG.

    You cannot expect people to accept such type of writing and if somebody doesn't tell them or show them where to look. Well sorry, this will not work, not only for Marvel but for him, as well, as an Editor.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 10-08-2020 at 02:14 PM.

  14. #7574
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its an entire event about swords, that doesn't involve many of the actual swordsmen and women in the X books or any of the already existing legendary swords, to say nothing of how they're going around and taking swords from humans and other cultures rather than relying on mutant powers. Its a mess.

    You can both A) dislike the Storm/BP ship, how and why it started, and B) criticize how its ended. They aren't mutually exclusive.

    Apologies for the 'Vita's run on Marauders' thing. Its mostly Duggan and Vita just did the one issue for some reason. Its baffling how this whole thing played out, because a couple of simple edits would have gone a long way towards fixing the story. Not having Black Panther show up and not having Storm just get back and sit and wait would have fixed so much. It almost feels like they brought Vita on to deflect from criticism of the handling of Storm.

    I don't understand the hate for Coates' story. I don't like the ship of the two, but Coates handled it with much more maturity and weight than I've seen from other writers. Ironically, in Coates' Black Panther AND Captain America runs Krakoa has come across as a much healthier and respectful country than it has in the X books.

    Edit: stories like this make me miss the old Stan Lee days where a character could just say "I haven't been able to get in touch with Black Panther!" and a little caption at the bottom would say something like "Black Panther is in trouble! Check out Avengers #X to see what's happening to T'Chala right now!" There's so much going on in the Marvel universe right now that I can't be upset with BP not returning phone calls.
    They did. But she probably also wanted to do it so it was a match made in heaven.

  15. #7575
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Correct me if I’m misinterpreting what you’ve been trying to say in these posts
    Yes. You are misinterpreting my posts.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •